NEWS

Conspiracy Theories bring the crazy--it's out now!

• 108 Replies

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <11-21-11/0902:41> »
Sure guys, wait until the day when I've promised myself to truly focus on work and not get distracted to release the book I've been waiting a while for...

Ah, they won't notice if I just close the office door... right?

The advantage of multiple boxes on my desk - 1) No one notices my personal laptop and 2) I can read PDFs without anyone being the wiser.
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

Prime Mover

• Omae
  • Prime Runners need Prime Fixers
« Reply #16 on: <11-21-11/0922:26> »
Just out of curiosity CanRay were in the big C do ya live? 

And point to Fastjack for random Laubenstein shout out.
Why do things happen the way they happen? For
all I know the world Is Just one big game and all of
our actions are determined by the roll of a die.
-  Dunkelzahn,  Great-Dragon

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #17 on: <11-21-11/0941:15> »
Greatly enjoyed the intro fiction.
Wasn't that sweet?
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #18 on: <11-21-11/1056:30> »
Out of curiosity are you on the old HOE listserv Can Ray?
It's dead.  :(  The move to Savage Worlds and the lack of word on when/if they're going to move Deadlands:  HoE over to Savage Worlds has pretty much killed it.  If it "Goes Savage", it might become Harrowed.  Right now, I list it as the...  Third form of "Dead" my group figured out.  (Saw the body, but did nothing to prevent him from "Getting Better".).
Winnipeg, Capital of the province of Manitoba (for folks that haven't learned Canadian Geography.).  We just broke a new record this year, most number of murders in a year for a long time, and still have a month and a bit to go.

And I moved here of my own free will.   :o
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #19 on: <11-21-11/1103:05> »
Out of curiosity are you on the old HOE listserv Can Ray?
It's dead.  :(  The move to Savage Worlds and the lack of word on when/if they're going to move Deadlands:  HoE over to Savage Worlds has pretty much killed it.  If it "Goes Savage", it might become Harrowed.  Right now, I list it as the...  Third form of "Dead" my group figured out.  (Saw the body, but did nothing to prevent him from "Getting Better".).
Winnipeg, Capital of the province of Manitoba (for folks that haven't learned Canadian Geography.).  We just broke a new record this year, most number of murders in a year for a long time, and still have a month and a bit to go.

And I moved here of my own free will.   :o

Also one of the colder places in civilized Canada - and that's saying something  8)
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #20 on: <11-21-11/1121:09> »
Also one of the colder places in civilized Canada - and that's saying something  8)
When I first experienced my first real Winnipeg Winter (The first year was mild), I heard this old couple with thick accents complaining for the Old Country and how warm and wonderful it was there in Winter.

I asked, politely, where the Old Country was for them.  "Siberia."

But we've gone massively off topic here.  How are you folks that jump at every PDF as soon as it hits the sites thinking about the new book?

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Frankie the Fomori

• Omae
« Reply #21 on: <11-21-11/1143:08> »
Good day all, I got it around 2130PST last night.... But was in so much pain due to army injury (had face shattered 5 years ago.... But having issues with nerve damage of all things) I could only scan for what was the final death total at watergate!

Now I downloaded it to my phone an I have to say that I am excited to get into reading it through the day.

So far I see some awesome upcoming products: best for me is the street legends supplemental :) but corporate intrigue and state of the art are just as wanted.

Thanks to the writers for for getting this thing ready for
Us. Will give feedback as I read over it.

Edit one: love the "mealtime killer" I will add random kill scenes into my runs just to confuse my runners lol

« Last Edit: <11-21-11/1146:07> by Frankie the Fomori »

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #22 on: <11-21-11/1207:36> »
Edit one: love the "mealtime killer" I will add random kill scenes into my runs just to confuse my runners lol
Glad to hear it. More will be made of this in the not-too-distant future.
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

Tsuzua

• Omae
« Reply #23 on: <11-21-11/1219:17> »
While I plan on checking out the book either way, how much crunch does it have?  Is it like Attitude and Spy Games where it's mostly fluff and a little bit of crunch at the end?

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #24 on: <11-21-11/1310:17> »
While I plan on checking out the book either way, how much crunch does it have?  Is it like Attitude and Spy Games where it's mostly fluff and a little bit of crunch at the end?

Almost zero crunch.  I think the only crunchy bits are some Ritual magics in the back that are...  Well, lets just say gathering the materials needed for one of them will require a series of adventures by itself.

And yes, FJ., Laubenstein :)

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #25 on: <11-21-11/1550:14> »
CanRay will also appreciate that there are several Canadians in the DeeCee chapter, including the Vice President and former President Pritchard*. It didn't make it into the book, but the C5 Liaison to the UCAS is also supposed to be Canadian.

*I was re-reading it and just realized that I didn't get to make a crack about her trying for the trifecta: Speaker of the House, President of the UCAS, and Chief Justice of the UCAS.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #26 on: <11-21-11/1556:17> »
Have to be pretty old to be "Canadians".  After all, after the UCAS was created, they would be UCASers...  Possibly the first real "Americans" born in Canada.

EDIT:  Like some of the old posters that insisted they were "Mexican" instead of "Aztlaners".

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #27 on: <11-21-11/1643:54> »
Plowing through the book pretty quickly. Although I think I'll have to re-read sections since the weekend was a non-stop run on its own and I feel like I could sleep for two days -- oh look! Turkey! ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz.......

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #28 on: <11-21-11/1656:41> »
Have to be pretty old to be "Canadians".  After all, after the UCAS was created, they would be UCASers...  Possibly the first real "Americans" born in Canada.

EDIT:  Like some of the old posters that insisted they were "Mexican" instead of "Aztlaners".
Anyone over 43 would still be Canadian.

Besides that, I'm ruining the fun.

Fizzygoo

• Omae
« Reply #29 on: <11-21-11/1943:30> »
But we've gone massively off topic here.  How are you folks that jump at every [some] PDF(s)as soon as it hits the sites thinking about the new book?

I'm about 43 pages into it and enjoying it quite a bit, to put it mildly. Dragons and bugs so far, mmmmm. And I like the Plan 9 - Snopes - Fianchetto trifecta intro. The second piece of fiction is great as well, Netcat and Pistons nude and kicking ass...okay, maybe not nude, but a hell of a lot of fun to read... like the intro fiction.

(Edited messed up strikethrough)
« Last Edit: <11-21-11/2128:23> by Fizzygoo »
Member of the ITA gaming podcast, including live Shadowrun 5th edition games: On  iTunes and Podbay