NEWS

Quick Question

• 10 Replies

Devil

• Omae
« on: <09-22-10/1900:21> »
Can Synaptic Boosters be combined with Reakt and Reaction Enhancers?

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #1 on: <09-22-10/1907:23> »
Almost all of the Initiative boosters and enhancements state what they are not compatible with.

"The synaptic booster cannot be combined with any other form of Initiative enhancement."

Reaction Enhancers are pretty strongly implied to count as Initiative enhancement: "Reaction enhancers are incompatible with most other Initiative-boosters."

Reakt does not modify Initiative at all, only Defense tests: "Reaction-linked skill tests, Initiative, and Surprise Tests are not affected by this modification."

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <09-22-10/1910:49> »
Thanks. I'll try to check things more thoroughly before I ask. I wasn't sure if reaction enhancements qualified as initiative enhancements.
« Last Edit: <09-22-10/1948:41> by Joker »

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #3 on: <09-23-10/0555:24> »
Joker, don't sweat it. Ask the the questions. We don't know if you have the books with you or not. I'm at work most of the times I'm here. That plus I only own arsenal, means I have lots of yet unasked questions!
Yeah, I'm A Minotaur! You Gotta Beef with that?
I'm a Minotaur not a bully!
I studied at the Rocky Mountain Culinary School.I specialized in Seafood.
My Dad worked out of el Toro In New Mexico.

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <09-23-10/0729:57> »
You have the core rulebook, right? :) That one's kinda important too.

Chaotic Insane

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <09-23-10/0736:07> »
Actually, we don't have a hard copy. Our DM does. I think he left his printed PDF here? I THINK.

I can never remember what's in what book. Thankfully I only went into core and arsenal and then the custom lifestyle out of runner's companion...
"People say I hate the living. It's not true. I just happen to see the potential inside all people; those great things anyone can do if they aren't trapped in their own consciousness and morals. And when I unlock that potential, death is the side-effect. I can't help that." - Dr. McMourning

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <09-23-10/0756:26> »
Runners companion has alot of cool stuff. Most noteably new metatype variants & new positive and negative qualities
Arsenal is packed to the brim with gear, drones, and vehicles. It also has martial arts towards the back, which is probably my favorite thing about it.
Core Rulebook has all the basic gear, qualities, spells, and everything else you need to know about. I would highly recommend reading all of it when you get the chance.
I use those three the most, however, I've also found Augmentation and Runner Havens to be useful.
Augmentation is about all kinds of medical stuff. Mostly enhancements. The book is organized really strangely, but if you skim through it you can find some pretty crazy stuff.
Runner Havens is a supplement that includes alot of great information on Seattle in shadowrun. Also has info on some other cities; most notably Hong Kong (I think).

Books I need:
Street Magic
Seattle 2072
SR4A Core Rulebook
Unwired

I'd also like to get whatever book has the info on Neo Tokyo. Ooo and that new Almanac. World map is gonna be really nice to have.
« Last Edit: <09-23-10/0758:51> by Joker »

Chaotic Insane

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <09-23-10/0800:07> »
OH! Yeah, then the changeling stuff would be in runners... And I think some of my qualities are out of there...

Seattle 2072 looks nice. Doom just picked it up. Almanac is next on his shopping list.
"People say I hate the living. It's not true. I just happen to see the potential inside all people; those great things anyone can do if they aren't trapped in their own consciousness and morals. And when I unlock that potential, death is the side-effect. I can't help that." - Dr. McMourning

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <09-23-10/0811:29> »
Sounds like you are gearing up towards a fun game.  :)

I'm guessing you're playing a Night One. Lol.

Chaotic Insane

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <09-23-10/0817:27> »
Nope, elf changeling. I thought about a Night One but the fur killed that theory dead. Especially since I could get more drow-y without the fur and actual allergy to sunlight by going changeling.

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <09-23-10/0829:25> »
I like the fur. Their description reminds me of Nightcrawler. You know, from X-men comics? Lol. I know. I'm a huge nerd.

I'll have to read up on changelings.

I just read about Infected yesterday. Made me want to make a vampire.