NEWS

Denver double standards

• 2 Replies

catrone3

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
« on: <11-16-17/1838:47> »
I am working on creating a map of the FRFZ from before 2079, the reason being this is when my games are taking place. however, as I am going through both the 2e Denver book and 4e spy games I am noticing inconsistencies in both between the maps drawn the written out boundaries. specifically between the Sioux and the UCAS. The maps all have the Sioux territory stopping at I-76, yet the descriptions all have them going much farther than that to include Denver international and I-70 east of peņa blvd. So which is correct and which should be retconned? the maps or the descriptions?

SpellBinder

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <11-28-17/1341:04> »
I'd go more by the maps and less than the written word, mainly because I've found that a lot of written descriptions were based on maps of the time when they were first written about 20 or more years ago; many streets have been changed in their route, and some in name as well.  Also, for example, in Shadowrun, Stapleton Airport is still in use, but in reality it has long since been shut down and much of the land re-zoned for residential (evidence is clear in Google Earth).

About the best I've found for the Sioux/UCAS border is that it starts at the I-70/Colorado Blvd intersection (the north border with the CAS sector) and runs north, until it becomes Vasquez Blvd/Highway 6, intersects with Highway 6/I-76, and follow I-76 all the way up to Hudson (rough estimate where the FRFZ ends and the Sioux nation starts.  This puts large features, like DIA and the Rocky Mountain Arsenal National Park, well within the UCAS sector.

catrone3

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
« Reply #2 on: <12-20-17/1428:59> »
I will get to the border thing in a moment, but Stapleton airport in SR was not only mentioned as rebuilt (I know a bit weird), today the tower still stands. It seems that when it came to Stapleton and DIA the FASA team did their research. and if we use the border that was mentioned in the FASA book and not the map then DIA is in the Sioux sector like it is mentioned to be in spy games as well as the 2e Denver book. So I wouldn't say that the maps were the problem (plus anything not on a map before 86 was destroyed in the treaty anyway) since the drawn maps and the written descriptions both used the same maps. For now, I have just had a section of the Sioux sector go out and incircle DIA and come back to I-76, although it looks really weird.