NEWS

astral tracking and search power vs biofiber

• 3 Replies

alister

• Newb
« on: <10-20-17/1700:24> »
Biofiber is a living organism. Can it itself be tracked by astral tracking or the search power? I would assume that each biofiber would be different and you couldn't send a spirit to go find any in the area, but I think you could send a spirit after one specific biofiber that you have seen before (at least in the last month. I the the monthly feeding will cause the biofiber to change enough to keep the search power from working any more)
If it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck,  and looks like a duck , then it might just be a duck.

legionof1

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <10-20-17/1734:13> »
Makes sense to be able to track a given bio pocket as you described.

Now i would make it more difficult then normal tracking since your after a relatively small "being" tailored for hiding. Also not an awakened substance(just alive) so it dosen't leave much signature unlike say a mage. off the cuff I'd say threshold 3-4 before modifiers. 

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #2 on: <10-20-17/1834:20> »
I think it would be rather hard to track a biofibre pocket. Simply because it is so close to a stronger, larger aura - yours, that it would be effectively subsumed.

Kind of how a biofibre pocket can hide a force 10 foci from detection beause it covers the aura....

Your aura being larger and stronger hides the pocket.
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

The Bald Man

• Chummer
« Reply #3 on: <10-23-17/2153:44> »
I don't know.  Could you track grass with the search power?  9"x9" square of grass (or sod if that makes more sense) that is cut our from the surrounding plant matter, but still has whatever soil came with the roots.  I don't think that grass and biofiber have enough individuality to be able to track.  I know this is a rules forum, but I don't think you will find a rule that covers this.  At best you could search for that species, but that wouldn't guarantee the biofiber you are looking for, likely the closest of the same species.