Shadowrun Play > Gamemasters' Lounge

World savers?

(1/4) > >>

PauloAM:
Hello chumers,

In the Shadowrun Returns game series, the runners always end up saving the whole city from some menace, thus becoming "heroes", albeit unsung ones. But Shadowrunners aren't really heroes, they're actually criminals trying to score heaps of cash. So how does that fit with the scenario?

I wanna know how do YOU gms out there finish your campaigns. What was the  last goal? The final battle? Was it epic?

ShadowcatX:
I like some of both. Some good deeds are done purely out of self interest. I especially like putting runners in positions to stop terrible events that they have helped cause.

Sphinx:
I've been playing Shadowrun since First Edition, run campaigns in four different states and online, and I don't think I've ever played with a team of PCs that viewed themselves purely as "criminals trying to score heaps of cash." Most groups were more like "The A-Team" or "Leverage" -- criminals and mercenaries, maybe, but still trying to do the right thing more often than not. After all, most players  want to be the heroes of the story, not the villains.

Jack_Spade:
Right,
also you can't help but wanting to save the world - after all it's where the runners keep all their stuff.  ;)

Usually, runners don't become runners because they want to get rich (in that case they could become mercenaries in war zones), but because they are dissatisfied with the norms of society.

PauloAM:
Yea, i guess this all makes sense. Maybe i should settle and call runners "anti-heroes" ? They're not necessarily evil, just rebels and survivors, and since saving the world is not much of a tough choice if you wanna stay alive...hell, let them save the world!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version