NEWS

[SR5] Matrix - Fork on master and slave

• 3 Replies

belaran

• Omae
« on: <09-05-17/0521:46> »
Hi all,

My main decker character has recently picked up the Fork program and start using it a bit for everything :) - especially, he used it to put MARKs on both a Drone and the RCC running it, which led to a question. As far as I understand, if one got a MARK on a slave device (ie the drone), he also got a MARK on the master (ie the RCC), right ?

If so, does my Hacker gets, if both Hack on the Fly action are successul, a MARK on the Drone, and two on the RCCs ?

(to make things worse, my decker player used his Go Big or Go Home Quality, to put 3 MARKs on both...)

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <09-05-17/0531:27> »
That is correct - provided of course both attempts work. Because if you fail you can get double the repercussions (Damage or MARKs).

talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <09-05-17/0535:53> »
So in my case, my PCs indeed got 3 MARKs on the drone and 6 on the RCC ? Which would be pretty useless, except that his next move is Data Spiking the RCC. I recall that there is a statement in the matrix rule saying that 3 MARKs is more/less the limit. But would the bonus to damage tied to have 6 MARKs applied ?

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <09-05-17/0601:24> »
Nope, you can't get more then 3 MARKs by hacking. Only ownership confers the equivalent to four MARKs

An exception would be targeting an Agent running on the device with fork. Since it shares the damage monitor with the device you could do double damage relatively easy.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex