NEWS

PC story suggestions

• 3 Replies

忍

« on: <08-25-17/1327:18> »
I've got a player who's PC backstory is rich with opportunities. Instead of starting from the beginning, childhood and such, her story begins with her becoming aware in a bunraku parlor, surrounded by slaughtered Yaks with her covered in they're blood. She has no memory previous to this. A fixer receives an anonymous message to facilitate her escape from the situation (for a hefty sum, natch). Afterwards he sets her up to be a prostitute, for a lack of a better idea and he's a bit of a perv.
Later another fixer that deals only with wetwork receives an anonymous message to start assigning jobs to her. Through these assassination jobs, the PC learns of her combat skill, and eventually takes to running.

The character has a false face, skin toner, and changing breast implants. She changes appearance based on the situation's need, but has no recollection of what she actually looks like. Her only working memories start from "waking up" at the parlor.

I'm asking y'all for some ideas for what mysterious force(s)/plots would be interesting and intriguing to unfold her past through game play.

ShadowcatX

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <08-25-17/1516:56> »
This to me just screams scorned wife. She got a hold of a BTL chip, reprogrammed it a bit, and slipped it to the doll her husband would be using. Unfortunately, she didn't quite get how dangerous said chick was and the entire parlor died. Afraid that she would be caught, she directs the fixer to deal with it (and her modified chip). And everything goes well. She got away with it. But now she knows that doll is a serious psycho killer who is under employed in her current arrangement. No big deal, not a lot of need for psycho killers, right? Until her best friend's husband steps out of line. Then kill him. After that, word kind of gets around and her other friends all have people who they need killed and the money to see it happen.

Spooky

• Omae
  • If you run, you'll only die tired.
« Reply #2 on: <08-25-17/1532:56> »
A "La Femme Nikita" theme feels appropriate here.
Spooky, what do you do this pass? Shoot him with my thunderstruck gauss rifle. (Rolls)  8 hits. Does that blow his head off?

Tassyr

• Chummer
« Reply #3 on: <09-01-17/2228:34> »
This to me just screams scorned wife. She got a hold of a BTL chip, reprogrammed it a bit, and slipped it to the doll her husband would be using. Unfortunately, she didn't quite get how dangerous said chick was and the entire parlor died. Afraid that she would be caught, she directs the fixer to deal with it (and her modified chip). And everything goes well. She got away with it. But now she knows that doll is a serious psycho killer who is under employed in her current arrangement. No big deal, not a lot of need for psycho killers, right? Until her best friend's husband steps out of line. Then kill him. After that, word kind of gets around and her other friends all have people who they need killed and the money to see it happen.

Now that's an interesting angle. I was going to suggest something to do with Cognitive Fragmentation Disorder, a damaged AI that didn't completely download, and therefore doesn't even know she's (it's?) a freakin' AI.
"There's a reason Johnsons are named what they are. They'll try and fuck you at some point, no doubt about it." -Camulus