Shadowrun General > The Secret History

Doing some fact checking from forbidden arcana.

(1/3) > >>

cold iron:
Firstly I want to congratulate Opti for finally getting on jackpoint. Next for the questions. During Elija's little episode Bull mentions a brother is he referring to Johnny99 or did he have an actual brother that got into drek? Also who was that friend of netcat's that had Slamm-0! so freaked out in the blood magic section? Finally who else felt the need to think of there shoes after his episode? This was not the right thing to read before bed.

Marzhin:

--- Quote from: cold iron on ---During Elija's little episode Bull mentions a brother is he referring to Johnny99 or did he have an actual brother that got into drek?

--- End quote ---

Johnny99 was not Bull's biological brother (unless I missed something), he was Bull's best pal and his "brother-in-arms", so to speak. They followed Harlequin in one of his astral quests to close the Horror bridges (cf. Harlequin's Back), but Johnny99 chose to sacrifice himself to stop the Enemy. That's also the origin of Bull's intense hostility toward Harlequin, born when he realized the elf had known all along one of them would have to die.
The story is told in detail in the Bull chapter of Street Legends.

cold iron:
I've been meaning to get a copy of that. Bonus question. Should we be concererned that Hestaby seemed unconcerned about the whole thing? I mean this is the kind of thing Big D would freak out a bit over as he killed him self to stop it and she is sitting there eating virtual popcorn watching the immortal elfs scrabmble like cockroaches when the lights are turned on.

lokii:
If she did, I would take it as a sign things might not be so bad after all.

On the other hand all of the Great Dragons besides Dunkelzahn and Arleesh seemed unconcerned about the whole Horror problem. So ...

Marzhin:

--- Quote from: cold iron on ---I've been meaning to get a copy of that. Bonus question. Should we be concererned that Hestaby seemed unconcerned about the whole thing? I mean this is the kind of thing Big D would freak out a bit over as he killed him self to stop it and she is sitting there eating virtual popcorn watching the immortal elfs scrabmble like cockroaches when the lights are turned on.

--- End quote ---

Makes me wonder how old Hestaby is. Maybe she was born after the Scourge (or was too young to remember how it was). If that was the case, all she knows of the Enemy is what older Dragons have told her, and she may not entirely realize how dangerous the Horrors are. Maybe.
Or maybe she is freaked out but being a Dragon she prefers to hide what she truly thinks in the presence of other Namegiver races, so she plays it cool.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version