NEWS

Paper Blossoms

• 81 Replies

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #30 on: <04-17-17/1556:16> »
'Lil shrugs.  I feel like I'm hanging out with a little kid.  Of course, 'Lil was young herself.  And it was possible that the it was an act.  Infantilism wasn't uncommon amongst gamers.

<<@Penguin: I'll let you take lead on this.>>

This would allow 'Lil time to focus more on the surroundings than just the task.
That's just like... your opinion, man.

Showgun117

• Newb
« Reply #31 on: <04-17-17/2137:55> »
Penguin would look around to see if there are more than just two portal sites. She would also switch her programs to be: Baby Monitor, Sneak, and Exploit.

(Matrix Perception)
[spoiler]11 dice, 5 hits, limit data processing 5[/spoiler]

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #32 on: <04-17-17/2140:11> »
When 'Lil and Penguin arrive at the area the assassins had disappeared from, they found a small pond with a broken, dilapidated fountain in the center of it. When they studied the fountain, it became apparent that once it had been a statue of a child playing fetch with a dog. Although now the hand holding the ball was broken off and at the statues feet and the dog was broken off from it's hind legs up. An old carriage wheel and a water pump were the only other elements immediately visible in the scene, but, the underbrush and trees were fairly thick and would have hidden anything else.
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #33 on: <04-18-17/1627:33> »
<<@Penguin: Well, Penguin... we have options.  We can unravel our own thread or take off after one of these other groups and cheese the egg away from them.  That would definitely put us ahead, but comes with risk.  If we frag it up, we'll be way behind.>>

'Lil checked the area, hoping to find further clues.

Showgun117

• Newb
« Reply #34 on: <04-18-17/1700:51> »
Switching into hot sim, Penguin would Search though the bushes hoping to find the other parts of the fountain.

Matrix Search
[spoiler]Int 5 + computer 6 + hot sim + 2 = 13, 4 hits, limit 5[/spoiler]

@Lil': can you have one of your cute little agents give me a hand?

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #35 on: <04-19-17/0221:08> »
The only things they found in the brush were the other half of the dog and a cobalt blue whip.
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #36 on: <04-20-17/1101:28> »
<<@Penguin: Times' a-tickin, Chilly Willy.  Which way?  Follow a new thread or steal someone else's?>>

In the meantime, 'Lil took a few moments to see if she could even find another trail to follow.  she scanned the area, looking for any code to indicate a direction beyond the ones that the two previous groups had taken.

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #37 on: <04-20-17/1143:58> »
The HUD Map shows the various teams and individuals each heading to spots the assassins disappeared from. And by the appearance of the map, two more have reached portal points, their teams are milling around at their sites just like Pengiun and 'Lil are. It looks like SmackDabGab and GoToGuy are the only live streamers playing in the race, as no other trids are even close to matching Penguins search criteria.. As Penguin does a quick check on the progress of the two live streamers, she sees SmackDabGab take a few broken cartouches off the floor and put them together like puzzle pieces, referring back to the runes on the wall a few times. Once she has them placed together correctly she begins looking around the room for the spot each one goes in. Once she places the last cartouche, a wall opens up before her.  GoToGuy in the meantime found himself in a grotto with a small, pretty waterfall in it. The only other thing in the grotto were some broken, hollow pipes and a long, flat piece of metal. GoToGuy placed the metal plate across some rocks a few feet apart in the water near the fall. Then he pulled up his inventory and called up some rope. Acting quickly he lashed the pipes together on a makeshift fulcrum and then placed the device where water could splash into the tubes. In moments the tubes filled with water and tipped, banging onto the metal plate to create a tune. The air above the device began to swirl and coalesce until it formed a manta ray like creature. GoToGuy mounted it and it immediately began soaring away to the next objective.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #38 on: <04-20-17/1315:47> »
“I’m in.  Thanks, John,” she said as she materialised in an alley.  She sniffed the air and looked around.  With her Black Panther avatar, sniffing was also part of her search, as was hearing and vision of course.  She was wandering around a bit, noting the various defects in the programming.  She thought there was still quite a lot of work and she doubted she would have let this out in beta in this stage, but that was deadlines for you.

When she heard about the special mounts, she decided to have a look at it anyway.  She moved to the square where they would start but she was a bit late, so she saw the first groups move away.  There were two still looking around when she entered the square.  One had a penguin avatar and the other some sort of ninja type.  She had a metahuman avatar as well, a fantasy dark elf, but she preferred to use the one that gave her nickname.

“Mmm, penguin,” she said to both as she came closer, her ears forward, tail slowly moving from side to side, sniffing the air, “I wonder how that tastes.”
“Just kidding,” she added with a grin showing a mouth full of big teeth, “this is where the special search starts?  You need another team member?”
« Last Edit: <04-20-17/1317:20> by farothel »
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #39 on: <04-20-17/1700:40> »
'Lil glanced over at the newcomer.  She certainly didn't have any issue with it, hopefully this one would be helpful.

<<Public: Hi, you got a handle?  We don't mind having a third, I don't think, if you can help us figure out what our next move is.>>

'Lil picks up the whip, examining it carefully.

[spoiler]Matrix Perception: 5 hits[/spoiler]

Showgun117

• Newb
« Reply #40 on: <04-20-17/2315:03> »
Penguin would cower and from the newcomer and try to reattach the part of the dog. She would also eye the scary beast.

Matrix Perception

[spoiler]5 hits[/spoiler]

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #41 on: <04-21-17/0700:08> »
"Sorry, the name is Black Panther," she replied as she had a closer look at the other two as well.
"I can surely have a look around to see how we can proceed further."

She had a look around for elements which were more than just background filling.  Things she could really manipulate.

[spoiler]
matrix perception on both
'Lil: computer 5 + intuition 4 =9: 9d6t5 2
penguin: computer 5 + intuition 4 =9: 9d6t5 2

matrix search to look for clues
computer 5 + intuition 4 =9: 9d6t5 7
limit is 5, so only 5 hits count.
[/spoiler]
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #42 on: <04-21-17/1204:51> »
As each person gathered data on the others they learned their game stats, character bio's, forum names, guild affiliations and in Penguins case, that she was a professional blogger with a little over a thousand followers. And Black Panthers search also showed the upper half of a dog, an old carriage wheel, a water pump and as she expanded her search further out, a power gem.
« Last Edit: <04-21-17/1705:36> by ismilealot »

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #43 on: <04-21-17/1219:58> »
While she was a big panther, she had programmed in allowances for her to manipulate items and she picked up the gem which seemed to glow with power.
"This might help," she said as she took it to the others.  She looked at the pond and spotting the other parts of the statue.
"Maybe if we put the statue back together and then use the gem's power to animate them, they might be able to help us, or at least give us a clue on how to proceed next.  I'm not sure if these developers thought about it, but that would be a trick I would program into a game like this."

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #44 on: <04-27-17/1400:37> »
<<@All: well, let's try that then!>

The three of them took a few moments to place the pieces together as best they could.  With the aid of the data sprite, 'Lil was able to glue the bits together, until they ended up with as much  of the statue together as they could.

She then took the power gem and held it near the statue.

<<@All: Let's see if this works...>