NEWS

Milspec and Hardened Armor

• 6 Replies

忍

« on: <02-21-17/2343:03> »
First does the milspec armor from R&G have Hardened Armor equal to their armor rating?
Second do drakes' hardened armor stack with milspec?

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <02-21-17/2356:48> »
The Milspec armor's Armor is Hardened Armor. It doesn't have different values, just all of its armor is considered Hardened.

As for Drakes, nothing that I'm aware of would restrict the ability for the worn armor to be effective with the natural armor, so by default they would stack. That being said, as a GM I would probably put my foot down restricting the ability for Milspec armor to be modified to allow for Dracomorphosis. Personally, I think the "added flaps and gussets" (or whatever it says) would be contraindicated by the Custom Fit.

adzling

« Reply #2 on: <02-23-17/0657:08> »
yeah no way i'd permit the highly restrictive and mobility reducing (check the rules) milspec armor to be modified for a shapeshifter or dracoform.

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #3 on: <02-23-17/1333:58> »
Personally, I would allow Milspec Armour to be made to a Drake's proportions/limb number.  That said, I'm of the opinion that 'shapechanging armour' is utterly ridiculous and don't allow it at my table.  Way too many changes for 'added flaps and gussets' to accommodate what entails with 'shifters and drakes. 
Would you want to go into a place where the resident had a drum-fed shotgun and can see in the dark?

Dwagonzhan

• Chummer
  • Drake on the run.
« Reply #4 on: <02-23-17/2051:36> »
Personally, I would allow Milspec Armour to be made to a Drake's proportions/limb number.  That said, I'm of the opinion that 'shapechanging armour' is utterly ridiculous and don't allow it at my table.  Way too many changes for 'added flaps and gussets' to accommodate what entails with 'shifters and drakes.

I agree with that sentiment, and I'm one of the weirdos that likes Drakes.
It doesn't make any sense how super-modern composite material armor could stretch to accommodate not only a radical shift in mass, but radical shift in physiology while retaining its protective properties.

Now, armor that is tailored specifically to the altered form, and only the altered form makes sense.
My drake has a ballistic mask that fits over his dracoform's snout; he "disguises" it as an elaborate headlamp ornament on his motorcycle.
"You haven't truly lived until you've had a Cortex bomb!" ~Former GM

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #5 on: <02-23-17/2150:23> »
I enjoy drakes as an idea as well, and am quite unhappy with the current implementation. 
Would you want to go into a place where the resident had a drum-fed shotgun and can see in the dark?

Dwagonzhan

• Chummer
  • Drake on the run.
« Reply #6 on: <02-23-17/2214:12> »
I enjoy drakes as an idea as well, and am quite unhappy with the current implementation.

I'm working with others to make them more viable, and unique to build around. Have been since late last November.
We've gone over their design and lore implications in excruciating detail (including this armor mod issue).
Hopefully we'll be able to post something of substance by March.
"You haven't truly lived until you've had a Cortex bomb!" ~Former GM