Drain: 6S
Drain Resist: 21d6t5 4
Take 2S damage
Johannes has to defend against 9P(e) AP-9 + Net Successes

Spirit of Man:
Astral Ini: 12+3d6 21
Manifesting inside Car

[/spoiler]

Johannes hadn't finished his sentence yet before Rex had vanished back into his body. More from instinct than anything else a lightning bolt shot from his eyes towards Johannes. Rex felt something breaking around him and for a second his dog form completely vanished beneath the form of a beast - a mixture of bear, wolf and some great cat. The image vanished as fast as it had appeared and left a panting dog behind.

The Kami he had called already began to manifest but wasn't visible yet on the material plane

Forgetting for a moment that he no longer could talk, Rex howled a: "Gaooul" at Waywalker to get him to hit the gas pedal.

« Last Edit: <05-12-17/0653:56> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #331 on: <05-12-17/0710:11> »
[spoiler]
@Jack_Spade just to be sure I get your actions of the ct right:

First pass(30) returns to body, second pass (20), switch perception + reckless spellcastin (2 simple action) and last pass (10) - call spirit (Simple Action) ?

"Johannes has to defend against 9P(e) AP-9 + Net Successes "

It is a direct spell right, so he got a chance to avoid first (he was more/less expecting you to attack him and also he was not surprised)... or did I miss something preventing him to dodge ?

[/spoiler]

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #332 on: <05-12-17/0718:32> »
[spoiler]
Not exactly: Movement in astral form is instantaneous, stopping astral perception/projection is a simple action
Reckless Spellcasting gives +3 drain but allows me to cast as a simple action

Lightning Bolt is an Indirect Spell, meaning it works like a pistol - defense with Rea+Int (+Wil if he goes full defense)

Technically my Ini drops as soon as I leave projection to 13+1d6, leaving me with only one additional ini pass, at 4, but by the rules you can finish your action once you've begun it, otherwise it would get really complicated.

[/spoiler]
talk think matrix

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #333 on: <05-12-17/0820:36> »
[spoiler]

Right, so indeed on First pass(30), Rex goes back in his body, switching to physical perception and reckless cast. Then, for second pass, initiative is reduced to 14 (and thus 4). So, you call the Spirit in the second pass (4) and then it will manifest on the third pass (or first pass next round), right ? Because you do need a simple action to call a spirit right ?

[/spoiler]

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #334 on: <05-12-17/0832:02> »
[spoiler]
The spirit already has his instructions: Manifest and use Movement on the car so we can get away  ;D

[/spoiler]
talk think matrix

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #335 on: <05-12-17/0845:53> »
[spoiler]OK ;) - waiting on Haywire to resolve the first pass[/spoiler]

Haywire

• Omae
« Reply #336 on: <05-13-17/1041:30> »

"Drek hits the fan. At least he payed us."
[spoiler]Initiative: 5d6+3 16
Drone initiative: 4d6+3 19
First action: Send message to drones-->Suppressive fire!
Second pass: pilot groundcraft (jumped in): 14d6t5 5
drone #1 suppressive fire: 9d6t5 6
drone #2 suppressive fire: 9d6t5 3
[/spoiler]
«Never, ever, cut a deal with a dragon.»

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #337 on: <05-13-17/1052:56> »
[spoiler]Suppressive fire is mostly to create "interdiction zone" and reduce movement, so how do you want your suppressive fire to affect your opponent ? Do you want to simply fire at them and force them to take cover ? Do you want to prevent them to get closer to the chopper or the van ?[/spoiler]

Haywire

• Omae
« Reply #338 on: <05-13-17/1234:58> »
[spoiler]I would like to force them to take cover, so we would get away with the van.[/spoiler]

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #339 on: <05-15-17/0515:42> »
[spoiler]
@Haywire I did not realized, but I also need the initiative of the drone. However, their action on the first pass will be delayed until they get the order from Waywalker on 16.
I also assume the drone are flying, somewhere above the van, out of sight, but ready to indeed provide cover.

To recap here is the init order of the first pass:

• (30) Rex moves back to his body and reckless spell cast
  • (23) Bodyguards opens fire on the Van
  • (21) Spirit of Man manifest (I assume it needs to Manifest to use Movement)
  • (16) Waywalker orders his drones to lay Suppressive Fire on the Bodyguards
  • (<16) Drones lay suppressive fires

Note that some other things may be happening, but I'm just pointing out what your character can see (without using an Observe in Details action).

So let's see how this get resolved...
[/spoiler]

A bolt of electricity leaves the mouth of the (dog) mouth of Rex and goes straight to M.Johannes, running toward his chopper...

[spoiler]Johannes tries to dodge the lightning bolt (Full Defense): 12d6t5 8[/spoiler]

... but the ork somehow feels the air crackling, and incredibly managed to dodge the bolt, plunging behind the Ares Mule, now slowly going back to the van.

A fraction of seconds later on, his bodyguards opens fire on the Mystery Machine, clearing aiming for its wheels and its engine block. Suddenly, the poor vehicle is getting hammered with bullets.

[spoiler]
As the vehicle is parked, and Waywalker has not yet acted, the van can not "dodge". Not that they are using the Called Shot "Engine Block -4 - disables vehicle.":

Johannes Bodyguards fires on the van's engine block: 9d6t5 5, so 15P
Johannes Bodyguards fires on the van's engine block: 9d6t5 3, so 13P

Both are using AK-97 Rifle (Acc 5, 10P, -2, SA/BF/FA) on Full Auto (10 bullets). As both damages are above (Armor - AP) (6 - 2), the vehicle needs to resist.

Here are the van's attributes:
H3,S3,A1,B10, Arm6, P2, S2

@Haywire can you roll (twice): Body + (Armor - AP) so (10 + (6 - 2)))= 14d ?
[/spoiler]

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #340 on: <05-15-17/0609:46> »
[spoiler]don't forget: Rex sustains a reinforce spell, giving 5 armor and body to the MM[/spoiler]
talk think matrix

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #341 on: <05-15-17/0640:11> »
[spoiler] @Haywire: I did :) but he's right, don't :) [/spoiler]

Haywire

• Omae
« Reply #342 on: <05-15-17/1450:24> »
[spoiler]
vehicle defense: 24d6t5 10
vehicle defense: 24d6t5 8[/spoiler]

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #343 on: <05-15-17/1523:26> »
Rex noticed the fountain of hot oil and steam escaping the demolished car engine and sent a quick <<aren't you glad we didn't take your car>> towards Waywalker. Desperately he called mentally out to the Kami: 'The car won't drive anymore, now we must fight. Beware of the awakened enemy.'
talk think matrix

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #344 on: <05-16-17/0305:36> »
If the rifles of the bodyguards swiftly turns the poor replica of the Mystery Machine into a pile of garbage, the two men does not have more than a fraction of seconds to enjoy their victory. Almost immediately, the suppressing fire of Waywalker's drones, forces them to take cover - one behind a nearby large pile of junk made of auto parts, and the other one joining M.Johannes being the slow moving Ares Mule, still slowly walking toward the van, unaware of his recent demise.

On the bright side for the runners, the combined suppressing fire zone is large enough to pin down their three opponent. None of them can take the risk of going to their chopper without crossing it...

Nearby the van, Rex's Kami manifests, ready to provide its help to the now disabled vehicle. The spirit takes a second to look at the poor vehicle before, looking quite puzzled, like a cat realizing it has been chasing its own tails for the last ten minutes.

[spoiler]

Note that the bodyguards spent their Free Action to Hit the Dirt. Unless I'm wrong, this is the end of the first pass. Rex's initiative now changes, and one of his (Simple) Action is obviously to change the order of his spirit.

@Jack_Spade do you want to use your other Simple Action ? Maybe to reckless spell cast or observe in details ?

@Haywire: if the drones are sustaining the suppressing fire, we don't need their initiative, if you plan to make them change

Second pass:

(??) Most likely Waywalker's drone - if they stop their fire, but their actions would be then dealt with after Waywalker directive.
(13) Bodyguards next action
(11) Spirit of Man's action - waits on Rex
(6) Waywalker next move
(4) Rex actions
(<4) Spirit of Man will attack
[/spoiler]

If the bodyguard are pinned down by the attack, they both manage to aim and fire at the van, now directly aiming at the runners. One is using a hole in the pile of junk has improvised gun port, while the other managed to shoot through the legs of the Ares Mule.

[spoiler]
Obviously, Bodyguards have some penalty due to the improvised way they are shooting (like if shooting thru a camera, so -3d):

Johannes Bodyguard fires on Waywalker: 10d6t5 3
Johannes Bodyguard fires on Rex: 10d6t5 3

I consider you can dodge, but you would need to jump out of the vehicle (or go to the rear of it - but this will means using an Interrupt action). Otherwise you can just stay in your seat and see if the bullets actually goes through the vehicle. Or anything else you come up with :) !

[/spoiler]