NEWS

[IC] Umbrae Europae (Chapter 2) - Running Coyote

• 358 Replies

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #315 on: <05-04-17/1016:02> »
[spoiler]
That is something that people often forget, but when one does assense an aura, the target actually feels it - which can tip'em off. If you just want to go a look at what aura you can see (and how many) of them, you just need to do a Perception test (Perception + Intuition)[Astral].

Then, based on what you see, you may want to do an Assenssing test to know more what one of the aura - at the risk of tipping off the person or entity associated with the aura.
[/spoiler]

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #316 on: <05-04-17/1024:06> »
[spoiler]
Alright, suits me  ;D Astral Perception: 13d6t5 5

[/spoiler]
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #317 on: <05-04-17/1035:20> »
The astral space, while connected to the physical realm, is always a confusing mash up of colors, emotion and auras. Just finding one bearing is not easy, but Rex physical form is close enough of the junkyard to quickly travel to it.

Not surprisingly, here, the astral is not very welcoming. The place is abandoned, and going through it, gives him the impression of waking a bear during its hibernation. A grumpy bear. One who liked to be left alone.

Most of the shapes Rex can perceived are dark and metallic - but also tainted by death, decay and disarray. He quickly comes to the conclusion, is just watching the astral reflection of all the battered and destroyed car and vehicle of the junkyard. However, once those shapes somehow filtered away from the foreground, he also spots several more vivid aura. He needs a few instants, but he can count up to 4 different aura.

Rex would need to do a proper assessing to know more, but three of the auras appears to be human or meta-human, close together, nearby the large black,cold and tasteless aura he assumes is the chopper spot by Waywalker. The last one, seems brighter... Maybe an awakened or a spirit ?

[spoiler]
@Jack_Spade now you can decide if you know "enough" or want to risk tipping the group off by assessing some auras
[/spoiler]

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #318 on: <05-04-17/1109:21> »
[spoiler]
Good enough for me.

Calling another protector Spirit:

Summon F6 Spirit of Man: 12d6t5 4
Resist F6 Spirit of Man: 6d6t5 2
Drain resist: 21d6t5 10
No Drain

Spirit has Spells: Mana Barrier and Movement
[/spoiler]

Rex refrained from getting any closer. Four different people were not that suspicious, but he still wanted to be prepared. This time he didn't call the Kami into himself, but instead met him on the astral 'Greetings esteemed Guardian of Secret Gardens. I beg of you to shield me and my compatriot and aid us if necessary against attacks.'
That done, he returned to his body and reported:
<<Four people, three looked mundane, one is probably awakened. Didn't dare to get closer as I didn't want to spoil the mood. I asked the Kamis for a little support on our behalf. So let's roll and see what happens. If this goes to shit, the Kami can supercharge this car and you can get us out of here post haste.>>
talk think matrix

Haywire

• Omae
« Reply #319 on: <05-04-17/1234:54> »

"Good enough for me. Let's roll the chances and see what we get."
«Never, ever, cut a deal with a dragon.»

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #320 on: <05-08-17/0604:12> »
The funny looking van that the team is now using slips into the junkyard, by the main entrance - the large metal door probably already opened by Johannes, or his more likely his men. The large tires of the van are certainly adapted to the dirt the vehicle rolling on, casting a small cloud around it. Right in front of them, the fancy helicopter is parked, in the middle of the junkyard, a three humanoid shapes are waiting in front.

As the van get closer, the pictures gets clearer. M.Johannes stands here, in brand new fancy suit, subtly aligned with the color of Saeder Krupp, and surrounded by two massive, human bodyguard. While the ork should normally be the "biggest" one of the trio, both humans appears to be massively augmented. Both are also holding in theirs hands, but not pointing them toward the van, assault rifle - a decent SK knock off of the world famous AK-97.

Stopping the van five or six meters before the group, Waywalker do a last sweep with the meek sensor of the vehicle and his deck. If somebody is going to drop on the meet, they are apparently very good at hiding it. Then, the ork start talking toward them, pushing his voice a bit to be sure it reaches them inside the van:

"My friends I do completely realizes you two are not the most social runner out there, but would you mind do us the favor and coming out for a talk ?"

Taking something out of his vest's pocket, but slowly to ensure his intentions are not misinterpreted, the ork continues:

"I have here, in my hands, a pair of credisticks for you, with the upon agreed payment, but also a nifty bonus to compensate for the... well, unexpected extra disagreement, this all run have brought o you... Well, those are for you, obviously, if you do have the goods. Would you mind showing us the engine, on top of your faces ?"

Still smiling, or rather grinning, the M.Johnson looks at the van, and waits for the runners next move...

[spoiler]... with all my apologies for the delay, end of last week turned out to be loaded.[/spoiler]

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #321 on: <05-08-17/0909:25> »
<<I'll take care of it.>>
Rex got up and walked into the back of the Van.

A quick expenditure of power created two telekinetic hands, which he used to open the car's back doors.
To Johannes he sent: <<Take a look, it's all there>>

Once Johannes and his goons came into view, Rex used the opportunity to yank the sticks from his unsuspecting fingers and drifted them back to Waywalker
<<Take a look if it's all there.>>
[spoiler]
Magic Fingers: F6
Magic Fingers F6: 12d6t5 3
Dr: 21d6t5 8
No Drain
Grabbing the Sticks: Grabbing Sticks: 5d6t5 2[5d6t5=2, 5, 6, 1, 1]

[/spoiler]
talk think matrix

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #322 on: <05-09-17/0539:49> »
As Waywalker manouevers the van to display the engine, sitting in the back, Rex magical "yanking out" of the credisticks barely surprises the M.Johnson, who appears amused, but does makes his bodyguard twitches. However, the ork immediatly stops his men with an appaising gesture from his left hand.

"What a magnificent creature you have taken the shape of M.Rex. I had heard you liked to roam around in animal form, but it is nevertheless quite a sight."

Looking at Waywalker in the van, the M.Johnson:

"I expect you will find that everything is in order, M.Waywalker. Ah, here is the famous engine. A beauty it is indeed."

Not getting to close to the van, maybe two meters away, Johannes takes anyway a long look at the engine. Clearly the ork is not only looking at the device with his eyes, but also through his AR, at the icon displayed. In the meantime, Waywalker quickly checks the credisticks and founds indeed everything in order.

[spoiler]
Johannes checks the engine in the matrix: 9d6t5 4
Close, but not enough for him to realize the "autosoft" (the AI) is missing...
[/spoiler]

Johannes carries on, still smiling :

"Well, everything seems to be in ordered on this side too... Excellent. Let me again congratulate you on a job well done. As you have an Ares Mule drone here, would you mind moving the engine to the chopper ?"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #323 on: <05-10-17/0751:58> »
Rex sighed in relieve, learning this might indeed go to plan (for once). While helping to loosen the straps on the engine he told Waywalker: <<When we are rid of the engine, get us out of here asap. I still have a bad feeling about all this. Being near this engine can only spell trouble - and we really need to get this whole soybeer drinking going.>>

talk think matrix

Haywire

• Omae
« Reply #324 on: <05-10-17/1640:59> »

Waywalker's meat body sweated as he checked the credstick and found them all right.
Rex helped with the engine, while he deployed the Ares Mule to get the engine on the chopper.
Once it was on board he manouvred the van to have the Mules go up.
He received Rex's message.
"Yes, I totally agree. I'd look for a safehouse to let the heat die down."

[spoiler]Safehaouse knowledge: 9d6t5 6[/spoiler]

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #325 on: <05-11-17/0501:20> »
Waywalker quickly locate a couple of safe house the duo could use to hide for a little while. He quickly shares the information, in AR, with his partner. In the meantime, the drone, now loaded with the engine, is slowly going toward the M.Johnson's chopper... The duo prepares to leave, and, as Rex's dog form is getting closer to the van, Johannes talks again:

"Oh please, don't go right away if you don't mind. There might be some... follow up to perform, for you and your partner. If you are interested of course..."

The M.Johnson then paused, looking directly at the mage shaped into an animal, clearly awaiting his answer. Behind him, the drone has almost reached the chopper.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #326 on: <05-11-17/0529:42> »
Feeling too limited in his body to communicate, Rex went back to his seat and reappeared a few seconds later in his astral form in front of Johannes:
"With all due respect, we just went into the SOX for you, got shot at, fought toxic spirits and had to race around in the Mystery Mobile.

This has to be a hell of an offer, otherwise my partner and I will have to excuse ourselves to recuperate and repair mind, body and gear.
And don't even think about suggesting we should go back or near the SOX.

So, what is it?"
« Last Edit: <05-11-17/0632:50> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #327 on: <05-11-17/0613:22> »
[spoiler]FYI, I'm going to let Waywalker states what he does / think, before going on.[/spoiler]

Haywire

• Omae
« Reply #328 on: <05-11-17/1610:05> »

Waywalker stretched his arms, pain from the VR sessions lasted long.
"My partner has said our position. It has to be a very good offer for us to be interested..."
"To: REX: I heard that SK likes to have runners on their payroll, but it's a thing I wouldn't be sure to do...We'll be tied to them for the rest of our lives."

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #329 on: <05-12-17/0533:10> »
With a quick glance at the Ares Mule's arm loading the engine on the chopper, Johannes goes on:

Well, as you can imagine, given the rather political situation behind this all run, we need to do some... wetwork. To ensure that no one can piece together what really happened, and our employer part in it.

Again, as the runners as used to now, Johannes pauses an instant, for dramatic effect. He also slightly moves toward the chopper.

There is a short list of people to get ride off to cover this all nefarious business. And it starts with you two.

As the bodyguards suddenly opens fires on the runner's van, Johannes sprint toward his chopper...

[spoiler]
Please roll Surprise check (Reaction + Intuition (3)) and your initiative. Assuming you have enough success, you have more than 3s to the Surprise Check, you will NOT lose your first pass.

Johannes Bodyguards Initiative: 4d6+14 23

Out of character: At the beginning of this run, I had no intent (as a gm) to turns Johannes into a bad guy. I actually meant him to a close ally, helping your through the all run. However, you guys quickly hated him, and keep shutting him down, or being suspicious of him. So following the good advice of John Wick - "give your player what they want", I'm giving you the poor lad to shoot at ;) !

[/spoiler]