NEWS

Panzerknacker [IC]

• 723 Replies

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #315 on: <11-18-16/0059:13> »
[spoiler]Is badneighbor still playing?

Is this KE or Lonestar? What dice pool would their information system have against matrix actions?[/spoiler]

Tschernenko op, afternoon

"Drek! This is going awfully wrong! Don't forget she mustn't be in custody tonight. If we want to blame our Whitman coup on her, she can't be in prison already. There's no better alibi than that! Can you do it? Do you need any help? I don't think I can hack the police's direction system."
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #316 on: <11-18-16/0333:40> »
[spoiler]
KE
The dispatch system is also behind an R6 host 8679, so 15 dice
The gear of the KE officers is secured by their commlinks, so 10 dice

They carry standard issue equipment: Ares Pred, Stun Baton, Armor Jacket with Helmet, R5 Commlink, 8+d6 Ini, 8 Attack, 8 Defense, 18 Soak

[/spoiler]
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #317 on: <11-18-16/1343:12> »
Slobbertooth looked at his Mirage, and then at the cops closing in on Krestov and Tschernenko in their cruiser.

Am I about to do something very very stupid?

[spoiler] This op needs more pink mohawk

So... what kind of vehicle are the cops driving.[/spoiler]
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
" translated foreign language" (Foreign Language)

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #318 on: <11-18-16/1627:41> »
Earlier
"Just great", thinks Yael, and texts on her way >> Don't let me be the one preventing you from doing something dangerous and exciting but I can spray you with some fairy dust to help you evade the police unnoticed?"

Later
Seeing the tough faces Slob and Kite are giving her, Yael remains quiet. She wanted to confront bnc, but felt too confrontational at the time.  Her fellow runners seemed like tough cookies. Perhaps they indeed just see her as a barbie doll. Trying to fight her anger and frustration, she projected her mind to the safe house.  Yael made sure that it was still safe and then watched bnc for a while - she wanted to talk to her - but just popping out like that might escalate things. Instead, Yael did what she usually did to relax -  a mental tour in the city. She projected her mind and watched the streets, Washington lake and Council island.  Doing so she had to fight an urge to mentally visit her family. Yael suddenly missed them, it was not that Yael did not regularly meet them, it was that  she drifted away when SINless Yael became SINNer Anna.

Yael wondered what would her parents think if they knew what kind of mess she got herself into. That she seduced a middle aged man into his apartment and planted drugs in his car. Worst, that despite genuine attempts to ditch these life of crime, she could not resist the thrill of a lucrative job. "I am going to rob a freaking bank -  I am a huge disappointment... How do I tell them that I am incapable of staying at the right side of the law? After all my lectures and speeches... They were right,  I am still Yael, and no matter how hard I try to be SINner Anna - I just cannot. I am as fake as my SIN. "

She returned to her body as the car arrived and then silently left to her room, but hesitantly before entering she decided to 'knock' on bnc's door by texting >>knock knock.
« Last Edit: <11-18-16/1643:34> by gilga »

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #319 on: <11-18-16/1656:04> »
Flatline was following the car, so when Anna's astral form left and headed to the safehouse, he was really confused.  He had read enough warnings about astral travel that made him worry about someone leaving their body in a moving car.  He used the last task of the elemental to stay with her physical form and continue to protect it, then followed her.  When he arrived at the safehouse he noted her activity and continued to follow discretely.  Her aimless wandering became apparent, so he settled into an overwatch role, somewhat confusing himself by the activity.

He finally realized it was simply The Protector guiding him, and after a few minutes of his usual exercise of trying to make sense of what his mentor wanted of him, he gave into the act.  Back at the safehouse, he intended to speak with Anna, though he wasn't sure what it was he was going to say, so he while he waited for the team to return, he went back to studying golf.

« Last Edit: <11-19-16/1004:08> by Crossbow »

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #320 on: <11-19-16/0240:14> »
Earlier

"Good thinking. But you should do the same to Anna. Remember, Krestov, she should not have any alibi at all if we want to blame her for what our is going to do. Just, you know, make her pass out. Seems you're on a good way. Private victory celebration or something?"

Later

Gooddamn, burning drek! What the drek went wrong in there. I could have pulled this drek off way more elegant. Drek, am I getting old?
bnc switches to AR and gets up. She walks over to the sink and splashes cold water over her face, swearing under her breath. Then she walks over to the freezer, gets a can of Pepper Plus, but then decides otherwise.
"Why did you slitch not coordinate with me? God dammit, drek. Could you not just have him shove his golden dick up your cunt and be done with it?", she yells at no one in particular.
You're just angry because you fucked up. You should have realized that the host would be able to see through the spoofed command. You should have thought about crosslinking the commands from the beginning. And you serious as hell should not have tried to erase a mark from a professional hacker in the middle of combat! You're a runner now, you should know that stuff better. Don't just blame it on someone with bigger tits.

bnc punches against the wall in fury, then sullenly sits down on the hospital bed. <@Janitor <Get me my damn massage chair from my flat. I can't lie in a bed like this for hours every day. Also, if you don't have it at hand, buy a shitload of datataps and burner links. I don't want anyone so much as take a piss without both of them.>>

She lies down, makes herself comfortable, and switches back to full VR in order to stay with her comrades. You can't be sure that Zody didn't find a way to attack them.
Not much later, a message from Anna arrives. Before she answers, bnc checks the sender link - just double-checking everything is okay with it - before she answers:
<@Anna <whos there>>

[spoiler]Matrix Perception: 13d6t5 6
Just the usual stuff. We know there's nothing wrong with it, so let's just proceed.

A rules question. Since I failed to wipe out the mark on me that I failed to avoid, I have three boxes of matrix damage. This wouldn't be a big deal, if it weren't a built-in headware deck. In our group, we assume that built-ins, too, need some kind of mechanism to exchange them when they get out of date or malfunction. Most of my teammates would argue, that you still have to open the skull at a defined point, thus needing medicine, but that there's kind of a slot where you can jack in and out the deck.
What do you say I have to do in order to repay it? I don't fancy the idea of keeping the matrix damage for the rest of my life. I possess both the hardware and medicine skills.
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #321 on: <11-19-16/0350:57> »
Earlier
[spoiler]
(Yael has a spirit F5 - if it uses its concealment power (materializing high above the city and concealing itself too - any perception checks to locate Anna T. and Krestov are suffering -5 dice and crossbow should have a better spirit by the way).
[/spoiler]

Later
Yael looked at Flatline and nodded saying a happy "Hey you!" .
Yael felt a bit awkward, underwhelmed before that mage - and he was following her, perhaps fearing that Yael was going to screw up again.

Then she grinned as she texted.  >> It is miss 'hasn't been slotted' can we ahm - talk in person? to see where we are at. Her link had trodes so she did not need to even type, "if I was not awakened I'd definitely get a DNI. "  She thought.

[spoiler]
@Jack, Volker
Just my own opinion - though I think about implemented deck as something like a specially tailored smuggling compartment. One that is made especially for the deck. So the most hardcore I'd go is to have to cut open some skin to expose the compartment.
(can be cool RP if bnc actually tries to do that - and Anna can heal the cut if you like.)

@Crossbow - if you like we can have Anna/Flatline exchanging a few words in the hallway - do not worry about the time/space continuum, just forward the conversation when you have time. 
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <11-19-16/0355:06> by gilga »

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #322 on: <11-19-16/0505:07> »
<@Anna <might prove difficult. u r in a car im@home. but we can discuss in the groupchannel how we rectify the sit.>>

[spoiler]I think we should wait for the Tschernenko OP to be finished before we make any more plans how to deal with the situation. Do you agree?
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #323 on: <11-19-16/0534:53> »
[spoiler]
No special hurdles to repair your deck (normal Hardware test). You may describe it as you see fit, but the smuggling compartment description is spot on in my opinion

The Patrol Cruiser has
HANDL  6/3
SPEED  5
ACCEL  5
BODY  14
ARM  9
PILOT 2
SENS 2
SEATS 6

(As per the rules in Stolen Souls 197)

[/spoiler]

Finally Tschernenko had put the finishing touches to her work and grinned at Krestov, taking another swig from her bottle:
"This piece will easily fetch 30k even after the fines for vandalism. But you might want to go now. You are much to handsome for prison." She winked at him.
talk think matrix

Qwikfix

« Reply #324 on: <11-19-16/1003:11> »
[Spoiler]Guh, I hate work XD  gonna be a post to keep things moving, so ping me if you need a dice roll or something.

@Volker: a surgeon in Antarctica once removed his on appendix, so it isn't in the realm of impossibilities to do a little self-treatment :D [/spoiler]

Krestov''s mind was whirling as the fellow Russian carved into the piece with amazing speed, but he could hear the sirens, and a confirmation of Slobbertooth''s presence combined with the aid from Yael and the promise of some aid from bnc helped.  As Anna spoke up, he reverted to his tongue and nodded.

"Is true for both of us.  Hold on, I will take you to safety"  Mentally directing his bike, he felt some kind of energy wash over him...Anna's doing no doubt...and scooped up the woman in his arm, darting off the beaten path to use the landscape as cover, keeping low and fast to evade the coming pursuit to his getaway bike...

<<bnc, no need to hack KE.  MAYBE play with traffic lights?>>

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #325 on: <11-19-16/1022:32> »
"Hey, just wanted to make sure you were okay, caught the tail end of all that stuff at Whitman's, and I saw you fly off, so I followed.  Don't know if you saw me in the AEther.  Good work with the clean up by the way, how do you want to handle this thing tomorrow?"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #326 on: <11-19-16/1039:21> »
[spoiler]
I'll do the rolls for you

[/spoiler]

While Krestov picked up the artist like a trained pick-up artist and started to flee Tschernenko squealed with delight:
"Haha, you know how to handle a lady." To  the police men she called: "So long boys" and threw them kiss hands.
The KE had their guns out but obviously didn't dare to shoot at the troll due to the human woman over his shoulder. It took them a second to reholster them and get their stun batons out, but by then Krestov had already gotten quite a lead and steadily gained on them. His bike arrived just as he managed to break line of sight to his pursuers.
Getting on the bike and sorting Tschernenko out took a few seconds, so that the police men came just right to eat some grit of the bike speeding away.
Over the noise of the rushing air she called to him: "What should we do next? Are you going to climb the Empire State Building with me in your arms?"
talk think matrix

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #327 on: <11-19-16/1124:31> »
[spoiler]Nice :) I'm definitely fine with that, too.  But I would still have to carve a cut into the flesh to get to it, wouldn't I? I mean, it's in my head, after all.

I guess I don't need any rolls to perform the thing below, do I? I should get away with buying hits if I just pick those cars with mediocre security. Also, I have all skills I need to control them.[/spoiler]

Tschernenko OP
"Do cops in the UCAS have to stop at traffic lights? I got a better idea..."

With growing enthusiasm, bnc starts to get that part of the job done. In order to keep the police, she hacks nearby cars and bikes and sends them in their way, creating chaos behind Krestov's tracks. But she tries not to overdo it - she wants it to look like bad luck. A missed braking maneuvre here, a stray bike there. Just enough to make it difficult for the cops to keep up.

"Woohoo, safe journey, kiddos!"
« Last Edit: <11-19-16/1132:30> by Volker »
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #328 on: <11-19-16/1131:03> »
Earlier
Yael astrally took off with her spirit to the scene, it only took a few moments. Once she estimated that Krestov and Anna have broken line of sight with the coppers she instructed her spirit to conceal the couple, their bike and the spirit itself.

Later
Yael said "I love astral travelling, it opens my mind and gives me perspective. Yes I saw you, thanks. I am just glad that bnc had me out of there, I did not want to hurt that man or be exposed as a mage."

She sighed tomorrow "I'll be charming and you'll be respected. I hope that Whitman will not be there as I planted some drugs in his car, as for Anna T, Whitman thinks she demolished one of his expensive masterpieces. If we did legwork well, most of the good buyers will not make it and we just need to make a good impression."

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #329 on: <11-19-16/2352:02> »
"Charm is definitely a strong suit for you, maybe you should be there to help me with our Amerind competitor.  I have the story worked out, but I am not the best at delivering a convincing line, I am confident we can take this guy out of play if we can get him drinking."