NEWS

UCAS/CAS Reunification.....Will it ever happen?

• 27 Replies

Dwagonzhan

• Chummer
  • Drake on the run.
« Reply #15 on: <09-26-16/1616:47> »
Actually, no one knows yet how long drakes live. He might very well still be alive.

Huh...I would have assumed it was the base Metatype, since Bred Drakes are metahumans with "some dragon strapped onto their essence".
But now that I think about it, the lore or rules for Drake aging hasn't actually been discussed or explained.

Something to think about, I suppose.
« Last Edit: <09-26-16/1625:09> by Dwagonzhan »
"You haven't truly lived until you've had a Cortex bomb!" ~Former GM

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <09-26-16/1629:34> »
Actually, no one knows yet how long drakes live. He might very well still be alive.

Huh...I would have assumed it was the base Metatype, since Bred Drakes are humans with "some dragon strapped onto their essence".
But now that I think about it, the lore or rules for Drake aging hasn't actually been discussed or explained.

Something to think about, I suppose.

I always assumed that they don't live quite as long as true drakes, but still live far longer than most other metahumans (with the exception of elves, maybe). Being a drake would definitely add an interesting twist to the mission for your character. Not necessarily a bad twist, just an interesting, and perhaps extremely lucrative one if he plays his cards right.
It is better to be crazy and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts.

"Nothing is wrong if no one can stop you."

Remember, you're only a genius when they need you. The rest of the time you're just an asshole.

Well, drek. Looks like Timmy fell into the Dissonance Well again.

Dwagonzhan

• Chummer
  • Drake on the run.
« Reply #17 on: <09-26-16/2319:54> »
I always assumed that they don't live quite as long as true drakes, but still live far longer than most other metahumans (with the exception of elves, maybe). Being a drake would definitely add an interesting twist to the mission for your character. Not necessarily a bad twist, just an interesting, and perhaps extremely lucrative one if he plays his cards right.

Well, his current mission is trying to figure out what is happening under the waves in the Caribbean-Gulf. (formerly Gulf of Mexico)
He's been feeling inexplicably pulled towards the ocean for the past 3 years, and is now aware of some presence that is "watching" him and millions of others living on the coast.

Last mission, the runner team he's been watching and quietly training up "incidentally" lifted a powerful artifact whose name loosely translates to "The First Tear of Mother Ocean".
He had planned on using the chaos of their mission to steal the artifact himself, but the runner's planning worked better than expected, and he was able to convince them to transport it directly to his ship.

Long term plan: Use the Tear and another artifact to conduct a powerful divination to peer into the depths of the ocean basin, and see just what exactly is really down there.
(if anything; it's possible the stress of all the years of hiding and living half-cocked paranoid is finally getting to him.)

Depending on where the plot goes (I don't know yet)...there might actually be something down there to warrant mutual alarm for the CAS, Aztlan and PCC. ;p

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #18 on: <09-27-16/0004:28> »

Well, his current mission is trying to figure out what is happening under the waves in the Caribbean-Gulf. (formerly Gulf of Mexico)
He's been feeling inexplicably pulled towards the ocean for the past 3 years, and is now aware of some presence that is "watching" him and millions of others living on the coast.

Last mission, the runner team he's been watching and quietly training up "incidentally" lifted a powerful artifact whose name loosely translates to "The First Tear of Mother Ocean".
He had planned on using the chaos of their mission to steal the artifact himself, but the runner's planning worked better than expected, and he was able to convince them to transport it directly to his ship.

Long term plan: Use the Tear and another artifact to conduct a powerful divination to peer into the depths of the ocean basin, and see just what exactly is really down there.
(if anything; it's possible the stress of all the years of hiding and living half-cocked paranoid is finally getting to him.)

Depending on where the plot goes (I don't know yet)...there might actually be something down there to warrant mutual alarm for the CAS, Aztlan and PCC. ;p

Ooh, color me intrigued. I certainly hope that goes well for him. If it does, Lord Quecksilber may in fact start actively looking for him, to offer a deal most drakes would be hard pressed to refuse.  ;)

Remember, you're only a genius when they need you. The rest of the time you're just an asshole.

Dwagonzhan

• Chummer
  • Drake on the run.
« Reply #19 on: <09-27-16/0236:38> »
Ooh, color me intrigued. I certainly hope that goes well for him. If it does, Lord Quecksilber may in fact start actively looking for him, to offer a deal most drakes would be hard pressed to refuse.  ;)

Not sure if my runner would consider that inspiring or terrifying, if he knew.  :o

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <09-27-16/0308:59> »

Not sure if my runner would consider that inspiring or terrifying, if he knew.  :o

Plug Quecksilber into Google translate from German to English and draw your own conclusions from there.  ;D

Dwagonzhan

• Chummer
  • Drake on the run.
« Reply #21 on: <09-27-16/1214:36> »
Plug Quecksilber into Google translate from German to English and draw your own conclusions from there.  ;D

Ah right, Mr. Mercury.
In my game, DF Agents are already en-route to New Orleans following up on a lead for another free drake.
Not sure if the Draco Foundation is still allied with Ghostwalker as of 2077, but the runner would probably try to hide from them too if there's even a small chance they would turn him over to Ghostwalker.
« Last Edit: <09-27-16/1500:59> by Dwagonzhan »

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #22 on: <09-27-16/1649:48> »

Ah right, Mr. Mercury.
In my game, DF Agents are already en-route to New Orleans following up on a lead for another free drake.
Not sure if the Draco Foundation is still allied with Ghostwalker as of 2077, but the runner would probably try to hide from them too if there's even a small chance they would turn him over to Ghostwalker.

I'll give you the small comfort of knowing that he's not THE Mr. Mercury, just A Mr. Mercury. Lord Quecksilber has nothing to do with the Draco Foundation or the Atlantean Foundation, and has no allegiances to any of the great dragons (in fact he told all of them in no uncertain terms to FRAG OFF after their games got his parents killed). His whole thing now is freeing other drakes.

I hear Bavaria is lovely in the spring.

Dwagonzhan

• Chummer
  • Drake on the run.
« Reply #23 on: <09-28-16/0249:43> »
I'll give you the small comfort of knowing that he's not THE Mr. Mercury, just A Mr. Mercury. Lord Quecksilber has nothing to do with the Draco Foundation or the Atlantean Foundation, and has no allegiances to any of the great dragons (in fact he told all of them in no uncertain terms to FRAG OFF after their games got his parents killed). His whole thing now is freeing other drakes.

Freeing drakes...as in, they work for Quecksilber instead of a great dragon? Is it a budding "free drake city" or "free drake nation"?

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #24 on: <09-28-16/0339:31> »

Freeing drakes...as in, they work for Quecksilber instead of a great dragon? Is it a budding "free drake city" or "free drake nation"?

Not exactly. He is trying to build a what basically amounts to a "free drake army", but it's a bit more complicated than that.

Anywho, I've pulled the thread off-topic long enough. If you want to know more, PM me.

Rosa

• Omae
« Reply #25 on: <09-28-16/0649:05> »
Alright, since a seriously pissed off GW wouldn't spur Reunification, let's go with the idea that NAN decides to go through with the goals of the original GGD....  How long would UCAS and CAS get their collective asses together to reunify?

Well first of all the NAN is a lot less unified that they used to be, so it is very unlikely that they would decide to pursue such a course, especially also because many of the individual NAN nations have a lot of ties to either UCAS or CAS or both, political and economic mostly, so somemajor events would have to happen for them to go back to their original plan. Second the other side of that coin is of course that the UCAS and CAS also have very different individual ties to the various NAN nations, so Again some major shift in attitudes would have to take place in
North America for them to start thinking more about defending themselves against the NAN than Trading/cooperating with them.

Rosa

• Omae
« Reply #26 on: <09-28-16/0706:25> »
Alright, since a seriously pissed off GW wouldn't spur Reunification, let's go with the idea that NAN decides to go through with the goals of the original GGD....  How long would UCAS and CAS get their collective asses together to reunify?

Well first of all the NAN is a lot less unified that they used to be, so it is very unlikely that they would decide to pursue such a course, especially also because many of the individual NAN nations have a lot of ties to either UCAS or CAS or both, political and economic mostly, so somemajor events would have to happen for them to go back to their original plan. Second the other side of that coin is of course that the UCAS and CAS also have very different individual ties to the various NAN nations, so Again some major shift in attitudes would have to take place in
North America for them to start thinking more about defending themselves against the NAN than Trading/cooperating with them.

Tbh i do not see this reunification happening any time soon if ever, i understand that it can be tempting to "restore" the old USA, but even if that were to happen, it would be a serious mistake to think it would be like the US is today. First of all, the corps would never give up their power, because if they did, it would start a landslide of nations wanting their mojo back from the corps, so the corps would quite likely fight against such a reunification if it ever became a serious idea. Second of all, besides the NAN, there are many more WHO would not be interested in seeing an American rebirth, Atzlan, Tir Tairngire and quite likely Seattle springs to mind, but there's quite likely more.
« Last Edit: <09-28-16/0709:14> by Rosa »

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #27 on: <09-29-16/1245:20> »
One should also note that the megacorps don't want reunification, either. While they'd probably not favor any further balkanization, the fact is that having several countries, with different laws, that they can play off eachother is good business. You would see a LOT of corp-sponsored runs aimed at stopping any reunification efforts before they really got going.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters