NEWS

[IC] Prelude: Cigz

• 76 Replies

Scawire

• Ace Runner
  • FightFightFight the endless Ninja Battle
« Reply #15 on: <09-26-16/1900:42> »
 not wanting to leave with nothing but a few pictures Cigz decides to check over the strange files a bit closer. First his cyberdeck is optimized in order to give him a better chance at accessing the files. After the deck is ready he copies and pastes the selfies to his deck then starts reading the files that are almost completed puzzles. If needed he will crack the protected files to gain access to them.

[spoiler]
cyberdeck 5 firewall 4 attack 3 data process and 2 sleaze

if needed crack the files

Crack files: 8d6t5 3

[/spoiler]
Words,Thoughts,Matrix,Astral

Magic uses higher laws to over come lower laws.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <09-26-16/1950:28> »
There's no electronic encryption but something about these files is tickling the back of your memory.  You are sure there's something significant here but you just can't put your finger on it,  Maybe if you took them to some of your friends...
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Scawire

• Ace Runner
« Reply #17 on: <09-27-16/1316:58> »
With the initial check through the console onsite being completed with very little solid leads Cigz decides best not stay in the apartment for too long. With his Cyberdeck Cigz proceeds to copy every file on the console to his deck. Maybe I can crack this system more once I'm off site. With his agent copying all the files on the console Cigz looks over a few selfies to hammer into his head Murphy's face, and tries to see if he can recall any rumors from the streets about this person.

[spoiler]
Trying to remember if any word has hit his ears about Mr Murphy
Street Rumors: 7d6t5 1
[\spoiler]

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #18 on: <09-27-16/2024:02> »
You have some vague recollection that he's pulled a heist or two but nothing specific, so he's either professional or small time.  As low tech as his set up is, you're thinking the latter.  It takes almost no time for the files to download, you keep the selfies too in case you need to remind yourself what he looks like.
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Scawire

• Ace Runner
« Reply #19 on: <09-28-16/1111:34> »
With the files downloaded it is time to leave the area. Making his exit from the building Cigz makes his way back to his bike. I need to head to a store When Cigz gets to his bike he will make his way to a store where he can acquire a knife. If he needs to take Murphy's right hand he will need something sharper then his deck to cut the thing off.Best make a call to some buds when I'm shopping maybe they can crack the console better then me

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <09-28-16/1350:21> »
There is a hardware store  a few blocks down.

[spoiler] feel free to send any contacts a call on your link [/spoiler]

Scawire

• Ace Runner
« Reply #21 on: <09-28-16/1630:10> »
Cigz gets to his bike and starts up the engine and races off to the nearest hardware store. Small time crook hum... that is not really going to give me any big leads either. Best give my buds a call. Once at the hardware store he parks his bike gets off then proceeds to message his hacker team.

------MESSAGE--------
To: Freeze

Guys I have a few files here I need looking over. I need a lead on the where about of a person and all I got is these files let me know what you find out.

>>>> File UPLOADED >>>>>>>>>

-------END OF MESSAGE----------

With the a call into the hacker team with the gift of the console files Cigz heads into the hardware store looking to find a nice knife that would be great at cutting the hands of a disobedient metahuman.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #22 on: <09-28-16/1757:28> »
>> lol what the hell man, its a bunch of sudoku and crossword puzzles, did you get stumped on tbese????  Whatevs, I'll post it for the boys to look at.  Drop in the VR hangout and they might look at them quicker<<

The knives are on the small side, maybe a serrated filleting knife.  Ooh there are some nice saws, and they are on sale only 50 nuyen.

Scawire

• Ace Runner
« Reply #23 on: <09-30-16/1305:00> »
Deciding between a knife and a saw is not fun, at first Cigz was going to jump on the idea of a saw but being low on nuyen it took him sometime to finally do it. With the new saw bought and on his way back to his apartment his mind starts to think what could the games be hidding. Maybe a lock box maybe an alarm. Good thing I didn't try to crack them on his system, if he returns home to find his game done he would know someone was in his crash pad. Back at his apartment Cigz parks his bike and head to his small cut out hole in the wall pad. I best get on line and see if I can work with the team on this one, might not be that hard to crack, but best get started. Cigz sends a message to his group then sits down on his chair and dives into VR

-------MESSAGE--------
To:Freeze

I'm heading to the VR room if anyone wants to help me out I'll meet you there waiting.

------END OF MESSAGE--------

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #24 on: <09-30-16/2313:43> »
A couple of guys meet you in the room they are skimming through the files and look up at you when you enter.

Freeze>>>I think I see why you wanted us to look at these.  They reminded me of old school cryptology.  Samwell here is a bit of an otaku when it comes to that stuff I thought I'd bring him in

Samwell>>> Yeah it appears that the numbers and words from these puzzles are a fairly advanced cypher.  I'm debugging a program I whipped up for these.  So far it looks like we have dates and times and short descriptions.  Can't quite make out anything yet but the sheer volume is really quite impressive.  I expect it is some kind of journal but why someone would go to this much trouble to encrypt a journal is beyond me.

Freeze>>>it's actually fairly impressive, any one with some computer skills and off the shelf programs can break electronic encryption.  It takes real skills to notice low tech cyphers anymore.  I almost didn't look at them twice, then I figured you must have some reason you wanted fresh eyes on this.

Samwell>>>We decided we'd break these for you for a favor.

Freeze>>>You gotta tell us what all this is about when it's over...deal?

Scawire

• Ace Runner
« Reply #25 on: <10-02-16/1308:02> »
Sitting there in a digital suit and fedora Cigz is glad the team has made leeway with  the console files.

>>>You have my word I will let the team know what this was all about when I'm finished. The thing is I'm trying to locate the person I got these cyphers from so if there is any way you could point me in a general location of him from these files that would be help out a lot.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #26 on: <10-02-16/1440:08> »
Samwell>>>  Holy shit check this out.

Samwell brings up one of the compile entries and displays it for the room to see

12-13-72--Franklin shot on Bayside after  Timshian job, cut split three ways instead of 4 12,000Y

Freeze>>> are these all jobs jobs and meets?  This guys has been running for decades, mostly small stuff though.  How have we not heard of this guy.

Samwell most recent entry is for a meet yesterday at a storehouse off Bell-red and 140th.  That's going to be the best intel we can get you from this...I'll keep working on decoding it if you want to check that out.

Scawire

• Ace Runner
« Reply #27 on: <10-03-16/1536:14> »
Cigz sits up in his virtual chair hearing his hacker team talking about the good news.

>>> Thanks guys that is great news I have somewhere to start at now. Let me know if you find anything else out. I'm heading out I'll check back with you guys and let you know how things are shaping up

Cigz disconnects and gathers up his gear, same as last time then heads out to make his way to the storehouse. I hope this run pans out I need to pay rent next month. Cigz takes his bike to the storehouse to see what he can find.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #28 on: <10-03-16/2324:51> »
You drive to the storehouse it's not far from here about 2 miles.  You approach the storehouse listening for anything but don't hear anything, there's the strange smell of burning ham.  All the windows are boarded up, how do you want to play this.

Scawire

• Ace Runner
« Reply #29 on: <10-04-16/1655:02> »
I wish I was a full mage I could zip around this place and see into every corner instead I have to leg it through this place. I hope the locals are not the shoot at everything that moves types Cigz was going to walk in and see what info the local crew in the area would tell him, but not sure if that would work out well,, best to start off more covert.

Turning on AR Cigz starts to scan the area for any wi fi signals. Lets see what the matrix will tell me first. A bit worried about what is waiting eatting away at there hammed up meal. I hope the metas in the area are not wanting to cook my goose for stepping into there part of the barrens. I'll deal with them if I have to.