NEWS

[IC] Prelude: Sky

• 160 Replies

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #30 on: <09-25-16/0259:55> »
As you reach the far side of the creek you see that he is standing at the mouth of a cave.  Ivy and reeds hang down in a sort of natural camouflage and astral ward.  As you approach the cave the man moves to block your entrance you can see that his focus has shifted but he seems to be looking through, instead of at you.  A voice comes from inside the cave dripping with a Caribbean accent.

Ah, so you have come.  Welcome to my hounfour.  Please make youself at home, we have tings to speak of you and I.

The zombie backs off and resumes his vigil.
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #31 on: <09-25-16/1453:07> »
[Zyanya "Sky" Rivero - Unknown Date - The Barrens]

Sky looks at the entrance of the cave dubiously. Not really eager to enter, she says "Of course I am here, I was told you had something for me to bring somewhere."
"Speech" | *Thoughts* | >>Matrix<< | ~Astral~

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #32 on: <09-25-16/1608:07> »
Yes, dat be true, but we have much to discuss you and I.  De money is only part of your compensation.  Tell me did something strange 'appen to you today?

[spoiler]Okay I'm tired of the "unknown date"  pick something early autumn-ish and we'll go with that.[/spoiler]
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #33 on: <09-25-16/1630:35> »
[Zyanya "Sky" Rivero - October 12th - The Barrens]

"Much to discuss?" Sky frowns "Do you want to stay in your cave to hold a conversation?"

[spoiler]
Done ^^
[/spoiler]

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #34 on: <09-25-16/1706:13> »
I assure you the amenities here are much nicer than one would suspect.  Please do come in...After all, a storm is coming yes?

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #35 on: <09-25-16/1712:40> »

Sky grunts "So it would seem." Seeing no real reasons to stay out, and a bit curious too, Sky enters the cave.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #36 on: <09-25-16/2119:03> »
The inside of the cavern is lit with kerosene lamps and a space heater keep the chill out .The walls are decorated with painted spirals and swirls and an altar with waxen figures and candles take up one whole wall while the other half of the cavern seems to function as an office or study, bookshelves with actual books, various and sundry talismans and fetishes share equal space among the shelves.  In front of the books is a push recliner with a large black man.  His head is shaved and he has white and red paint on his face in a ghoulish mask.  His eyes are milky white with thick cataracts but he seems to be able to see you.  He nods at you with a warm smile and motions to the other heavy chair opposite him.  It appears you have interrupted him in some reading but there are no words on the pages on the great tome before him.

Ah Sky, should I call you Sky?  Your spirit is more radiant than I had imagined.  Would you like some tea, or coffee perhaps?  You are famous you know.  Raven speaks very highly of you.

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #37 on: <09-25-16/2250:54> »

Sky snorts "I doubt it. Cuervo is probably more pissed at me than anything." She looks around a bit, then nods "If it's real coffee, I'll take it. Otherwise, tea will have to do."

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #38 on: <09-26-16/0006:30> »
It's real coffee.  Just how I like my women.  Hot, black and hand picked from a third world country.  he laughs.  Ah, forgive me for my pathetic joke.  he picks up a couple of cups from his shelves and grabs a percolator from in front of the space heater.  He deftly pours two cups but you can see from the way he holds cups and pours that he is indeed blind,  It appears he relies on his astral sight which is imperfect when dealing with ceramic cups but he doesn't seem to let it effect him.

So I imagine you have questions.  Please tell me of your vision and I will see what I can help wit'.  In exchange for dis help and the 2000 dollars you were promised, I ask that you transport a spirit I have bound to the mausoleum di franchesca in the cemetary behind de 2nd national neo-catholic church on Baker street,  De one in your neighborhood.  He places a black waxen figure posed cross-legged, places it in a satin lined box and sets it on the table.

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #39 on: <09-26-16/0012:57> »

Sky frowns, but doesn't hesitate for long. It's not as if this vision was anything particularly secret. Still... "I will tell you, if you agree to share your analysis. In full. After that, we will talk about this delivery." Once he has indeed agreed, she tells him what she saw as it happened.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #40 on: <09-26-16/0046:24> »
As zis is part of de payment for delivery it would not be appropriate to give you this for free.  If you are concerned for de spirit don't be, bargains have been made and he understood his commitment.  He is not 'appy now but 'e will be, der are people who will give him offerings once he is in place.  T'is a simple delivery, Raven believes it is well within your capabilities.

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #41 on: <09-26-16/0050:23> »

Sky snorts "Yeah well, I think a child could bring a box to a church without too much trouble." She frowns, then shrugs. Right now, information is more important to her than nuyens, and since she will be able to pay her next rent anyway, it doesn't matter too much. "Fine."

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #42 on: <09-26-16/0925:11> »
We might have gleaned more information if you knew what to look for in the shapes the crows were makin'.  You know that raven crows and magpies are all part of de same genus and are often considered interchangeable in the lore?  Crows are more associated with the city than dere cousins though so dat could be significant or it could just be that's what Raven had available.  Divination isn't an exact science you know.  You described a procession of seven geometric shapes, dis is most assuredly significant.  There is an old divination rhyme associated with Raven.  "One for sorrow, two for joy, three for a girl, four for a boy, five for silver six for gold, seven for a secret never to be told".  If you could remember what shapes they used dat might have given us more information.  De rest of it is about a danger from the sea, or possibly one of the islands in that direction.

Based on what you saw and and my own experiences I would say dat an ancient menace from de sea is stirring.  Ancient horrors from de fourt Age have stirred mens dreams for millennia.  I would be especially wary of Dagon, his cultists are blood mages and the occasional toxic shaman and he is de most closely associated with de sea..  You may be called upon to do battle wit dese abominations.

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #43 on: <09-26-16/1511:46> »

Sky grunts "Battle? I don't do battle! I'm not that kind of Mage. And who is that Dagon exactly? Blood mages and toxic shamans? Just that? I may not exactly be a beginner at this Magic Thing, but I'm certainly not able to face all of that, it's crazy!"

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #44 on: <09-26-16/1702:59> »
Dagon is an ancient god worshipped by the caananites and other ancient civilizations.  I believe he is a powerful being left over from a previous age.  He is technically a guess based on the information I have heard and you have given me. 

You may not be that kind of Mage yet but you must prepare yourself.  Gather allies grow as a mage.  Raven sees dis for you.  You will be involved in some way.  I know you would rather run I want to run too, but failure to heed the call is dangerous.  Perhaps more dan heedin' it