NEWS

Panzerknacker [OOC]

• 355 Replies

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #195 on: <01-15-17/1242:50> »
You mean, Mike and her?

Fine, then I'll stick to INT 6. luv it :)
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #196 on: <01-16-17/2252:59> »
That post was kinda heavy, but in character for Devon.  Protector coming out to play a bit. 

Just wanted to say that it is character, not player, if there is a concern, I have having a good time here. 

I will take the opportunity though to say I was expecting more give and take with the GM than I have seen for the first bit, but if that isn't how this will be I can try to adjust.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #197 on: <01-17-17/0317:23> »
What exactly do you mean by "give and take"?

I admit, that so far I haven't really given you strong opposition - the first part was a classic milk run. But that won't be the case with the next part.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #198 on: <01-17-17/0644:57> »
Interaction with NPCs, pushing the narrative. 

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #199 on: <01-17-17/0700:45> »
No offense taken :) I know that bnc is a character who's difficult to work with. To be honest, I was amazed by how patient and forgiving you all were towards her ;-)

About the "give and take", I have to say that in my case, it's a bit of the opposite. I'm not used to a GM who influences the characters' decision. I like to do this on my own. Of course, this is a bit differnt in pbp, where players tend to forget about stuff that happened months ago.
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #200 on: <01-17-17/0715:49> »
Interaction with NPCs, pushing the narrative.

Oh, and I was worried that I'm giving Schmitt and Mike to much screentime and railroad you too much.
It's quite a bit of a balancing act to keep everyone involved, so I tend to keep the NPCs back so there's more focus on inter-party-action.

@Volker
That's actually one of the things I really like about pbp: You can always go back and reread things you and the GM have written.
talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #201 on: <01-17-17/0821:46> »
Well, I just love how it all imploded ;)  Nice post Volker - classic bnc!, Flatline also for you.  I just love how their personality clashes like that. 
Yael would never express her opinions like that, she is seating with proffesionals on a million dollar ticket and a chance for the excitement of a life time. As a younger, less established runner and a new mage looking to establish her reputation it will take considerably more to get her to burst up like that, especially infront of her employer.

(That she feels is giving her way too much credit - and if mages were difficult to find - he would hire someone more reputable for the job).

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #202 on: <01-17-17/1540:14> »
Yeah, me too :D thanks, I can only give that back. The roleplay between the two of them is amazing. You really add a lot to the party. And so does crossbow. Slob and Krestov were always so calm and forgiving (Krestov) or unaffected (Slob) that they could work perfectly with her, but it also wasn't as thrilling as what just happened. :)
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #203 on: <01-21-17/1506:06> »
I am not actually sure about learning the spell, there is a lot about this situation as a player I am confused about.  Sensors that detect magic?

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #204 on: <01-21-17/1621:56> »
FAB Sensor, p.195 Hard Targets
FAB SENSOR This sensor function can be added to any sensor package. This sensor can only determine the presence or absence of active mana sources in the immediate area, not the exact source or strength. Background count temporarily reduces the effective Rating by an equivalent amount. The bacteria sealed within the sensor require special sterile feedstock to maintain at a cost of 50 nuyen per month.

The spell in question is manascape, p.20 Shadow Spells
MANASCAPE Type: M  Range: LOS(A) Duration: S  Drain: F – 2
This spell is designed to pass illusions to the target’s magical senses. While it cannot create auras of astral images where none are present, it can change their appearance to anyone using Assensing, Psychometry, Sensing, or the Astral Window spell. False Impression only affects the image of a single spell or astral form, while Manascape changes the appearance of an area.

I hope that clears that part up :)
talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #205 on: <01-21-17/2333:59> »
but what about the spell signature itself - can it be assensed?  I read many opinions on it - some interpretations made these spells considerably more useful than others.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #206 on: <01-22-17/0232:45> »
I am ruling that the spells signature is buried beneath its own effect (otherwise it would be completely useless)
talk think matrix

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #207 on: <01-25-17/1908:47> »
Yay! I can access the website again.
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
" translated foreign language" (Foreign Language)

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #208 on: <02-03-17/1635:10> »
By the way, Yael and Flatline are full mages - this implies that they can do astral recon without physically leaving the safe house. Specifically, Yael is very skilled in assensing - I am not saying anything IC because I do not assume that she is aware of the conversations bnc is having with the rest. bnc has  a deck in her head, but Yael is unaugmented and probably left he link in her purse.  (even if she was cc'ed).

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #209 on: <02-03-17/1641:30> »
In that case you'll find that Indigo Spheres has a simple R4 Barrier in the astral and a lone R3 Watcher patrolling around - pretty standard stuff from a wage mage.
talk think matrix