NEWS

Technomancer feedback for a new book!

• 542 Replies

dragrubis

• Newb
« Reply #480 on: <07-23-17/1329:31> »
may be with an other FC to see what is view on a device...

&amp;#24525;

« Reply #481 on: <07-25-17/2116:50> »
Resonance Flood
Target: Device
Duration: S
Fade Value: L - 3
Resonance Surge
Target: Host
Fade Value: L - 1
These Complex Forms generator excess processes and bog down any efficiency possible. For each net hit on an Opposed Threading test versus Intuition + Data Processing, the target(s) suffer a -1 Dice Pool modifier to all Matrix tests. Resonance Flood targets a single Device. Resonance Surge targets a Host and affects any operators such as Spiders and its IC. The users are unaffected, however there may be some latency problems from the Host. (More fluff than crunch)

Null Pointer
Duration: P
By recoding specific matrix commands, you can force devices (and through that, personas) to be unable to make a certain Matrix Action. Make an Opposed Threading test versus Logic + Data Processing. If you win the device cannot make one Matrix Action of your choice. If the device (or persona) attempts to perform the chosen Matrix Action it will fail with no progress or determent such as gaining MARKs or increasing their OS. As a Complex Action, the device may roll Willpower + Data Processing with a negative Dice Pool modifier equal to the Level in order to overcome your subjection. Every hit it makes reduces your net hits. Once you have no net hits, the Complex Form ends.

Jolt
Target: Persona
Duration: I
Jolt blasts Resonance at a Persona and bombards the user with malicious code. This Complex Form deals Biofeedback Damage to the target equal to your hits, resisted normally with Willpower + Firewall. If you target a Persona that is not in VR the Complex Form fails, but you still suffer Fading.

Obfu-skate
Target: Self
Fade Value: L - 2
When running silent isn't enough, you choose to ride the flow of Resonance to make your connections. Others attempting to find you through a Matrix Perception test suffer a dice pool penalty equal to your hits. This penalty applies to foes and allies alike. Much like running silent, once someone has a MARK on you, you appear clear as day.

PushR
Fade : L - 1
By killing simsense protocols, this Complex Form "ejects" a Persona from VR. Make an Opposed Threading test against the target's Willpower + Firewall. If you win the Persona switches from VR to AR and becomes disoriented (pg. 409). If you get net hits greater than or equal to the target's Firewall, they suffer dumpshock. If your target happens to not be in VR, PushR has no effect, and you still suffer Fading.
When the target is link-locked they add the highest Attack rating of the opponent(s) link-locking them to the Opposed Threading test.

Resonance Tether
Fade : L - 2
Through threading a constant flow of Resonance onto a Persona, this Complex Form link-locks the target if they fail an Opposed Threading test versus their Willpower + Firewall.

//
« Last Edit: <07-25-17/2121:14> by 忍 »

dragrubis

• Newb
« Reply #482 on: <07-26-17/0550:40> »

Null Pointer
By recoding specific matrix commands, you can force devices (and through that, personas) to be unable to make a certain Matrix Action. Make an Opposed Threading test versus Logic + Data Processing. If you win the device cannot make one Matrix Action of your choice. If the device (or persona) attempts to perform the chosen Matrix Action it will fail with no progress or determent such as gaining MARKs or increasing their OS. As a Complex Action, the device may roll Willpower + Data Processing with a negative Dice Pool modifier equal to the Level in order to overcome your subjection. Every hit it makes reduces your net hits. Once you have no net hits, the Complex Form ends.

Jolt
Jolt blasts Resonance at a Persona and bombards the user with malicious code. This Complex Form deals Biofeedback Damage to the target equal to your hits, resisted normally with Willpower + Firewall. If you target a Persona that is not in VR the Complex Form fails, but you still suffer Fading.

Obfu-skate
Fade Value: L - 2
When running silent isn't enough, you choose to ride the flow of Resonance to make your connections. Others attempting to find you through a Matrix Perception test suffer a dice pool penalty equal to your hits. This penalty applies to foes and allies alike. Much like running silent, once someone has a MARK on you, you appear clear as day.

PushR
Fade : L - 1
By killing simsense protocols, this Complex Form "ejects" a Persona from VR. Make an Opposed Threading test against the target's Willpower + Firewall. If you win the Persona switches from VR to AR and becomes disoriented (pg. 409). If you get net hits greater than or equal to the target's Firewall, they suffer dumpshock. If your target happens to not be in VR, PushR has no effect, and you still suffer Fading.
When the target is link-locked they add the highest Attack rating of the opponent(s) link-locking them to the Opposed Threading test.

Resonance Tether
Fade : L - 2
Through threading a constant flow of Resonance onto a Persona, this Complex Form link-locks the target if they fail an Opposed Threading test versus their Willpower + Firewall.

//

Luv all of them... big UP

&#24525;

« Reply #483 on: <07-28-17/1837:16> »
And here's some echoes!

Algorhythm:
    You gain a bonus equal to your submersion grade to actions when using devices in which you benefit from a wireless-on bonus. In addition to this, you benefit from smartlink as if you had paid essence for it.   :D

Infinite Persona:
Prerequisite: Mutable Persona
    You may reduce the Matrix Attribute’s of your Living Persona by a total of half your Resonance. You then gain the same number of points to increase different Matrix Attributes of your Living Persona.

RAID:
Through subverting networking protocols, you can create a PAN and slave a number of devices equal to twice your Resonance plus your submersion grade. This results in faint impressions of your Resonance Signature on those slaved.
//Resonance Array of Independent Devices

Wardiving:
IC suffer a dice pool penalty equal to your submersion grade while you’re in the same host. Any personas such as regular users or Security Spiders do not suffer this penalty.

&#24525;

« Reply #484 on: <08-18-17/1627:51> »
Duplicate Program
Fade: L - 1
Choose a program to duplicate and make a Threading test. The Complex Form lasts for a number of minutes equal to your hits. Common programs require a minimum Level of 3, and Hacking programs require a minimum Level of 5. You can have a number of duplicated programs equal to your Resonance at a time.

//alternatively this could be an opposed test at 4 & 6 for common and hacking without the minimum Level. idk

dragrubis

• Newb
« Reply #485 on: <09-04-17/1026:24> »
Any news here?

HiddenBoss

• Newb
« Reply #486 on: <09-04-17/1127:32> »
Yes, They are not making the new Technomancer pdf book but taking what they was working on and putting it in a new matrix book, so the stuff that should of been in the matrix book "data trails" was taking out and now ending up in a new matrix book..... we just come full circle.

Well it should get it out of PDF hell but i not happy about this.
« Last Edit: <09-04-17/1129:19> by HiddenBoss »

dragrubis

• Newb
« Reply #487 on: <09-04-17/1128:43> »
Like a Joke!

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #488 on: <09-04-17/1625:22> »
Expect it to get further delayed by the announcement of 6E, and they delay it to dual-stat it like the early 5e supplements.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Finstersang

• Omae
« Reply #489 on: <09-08-17/0634:58> »
TBH, the Matrix content in general is quite Sup-Par, with Technomancers just being the most obvious example. Data trails didn´t provide nearly as much content as 4th Editions "Unwired". Also, all those missing clarifications, lack of options for Gamemasters, the kinda-cool-but-somewhat-unfinished concept of Deep Dives...

Not the worst idea to make a new actual Matrix supplement and splice missing TM content in. I just hope it doesn´t take an eternity...

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #490 on: <09-11-17/0816:22> »
During interview on the 6th World Podcast, Scott Schletz mentioned a upcoming releases for Shadowrun 5 with no name but being "advanced book on Matrix stuff". He says in the interview that he would like to see more stuff on Resonance Realms, so I also hope this would include some love for the Technomancer. But next in line is Street Lethal (i guess soon to be released) and Dark Terrors - so I won't expect the advance matrix book to be there before 2018.

dragrubis

• Newb
« Reply #491 on: <09-11-17/0818:31> »
Something like 2019 for all over the world translate then...

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #492 on: <09-11-17/0820:26> »
Well, if you are French (I am) I would simply expect this to never be translated. There is no french version of the Arcology Shutdown, Storm Front or War (maybe for the best) and so on...

Sad truth (and not saying to the publishers are not doing their best)

dragrubis

• Newb
« Reply #493 on: <09-11-17/0821:07> »
Yep i am...

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #494 on: <09-11-17/0830:12> »
Then I am sorry to say that I would not expect this guide to be translated. There was a fundraiser for Lockdown and some other books, but for now one, I would expect anything release this year and the next will simply never be translated. I'm quite sorry :( - I'm not trying to bring your moral down, neither to bash on the french translator (I know they are doing the best they can), I just don't want to set false expectations.