NEWS

Bloody Business

• 33 Replies

Grinder

• Newb
« Reply #30 on: <04-27-16/1029:17> »
Did anyone use the book in his homebrew campagin? Which parts of it are good?

Thamaxt

• Newb
« Reply #31 on: <08-04-16/1540:17> »
I am going to bump this. I am trying to figure out whether I want to buy or skip this book in preparation for a campaign I am wanting to start and there are no reviews on this book anywhere. Based on the preview on drivethru it is 8 pages about the megacorps having an audit followed by a load of adventures and an NPC section. On one hand, it may be useful for keeping up with the metaplot and the adventures may be useful if I am feeling lazy but I am mostly wanting background information to write my own plots around.

Not saying it is not a good product.... just I already bought 3 shadowrun books this week and I am wondering if I can just pick this up at a later date.
« Last Edit: <08-04-16/1558:15> by Thamaxt »

DeathStrobe

• Omae
  • Front Range Free Decker
« Reply #32 on: <08-04-16/2321:07> »
There is some good lore info for making your own runs. My biggest problem with the book is that the campaigns are really abstract, which leaves a lot of the heavy lifting to the GM. I personally find that defeats the purpose of buying a book like this, as I kind of buy it to take all the hard work of building runs out of my hand. It'd have been nicers with maps and security ideas. With that said, it does advance the meta plot and is kind of interesting, so not exactly a bad buy, but I was hoping for more.

Sphinx

• Errata Team
  • Omae
« Reply #33 on: <08-05-16/0935:02> »
It's another campaign book in the style of SR4 Artifacts Unbound, Corporate Intrigue, Twilight Horizon, and Jet Set. There are about twenty good adventure outlines revolving around the megacorporate audit and various AA and AAA corps maneuvering to influence the outcome, and there's a section at the end with stats for a dozen or so different NPC/Contact types that could be useful both in these adventures and elsewhere. It's great for experienced GMs who can sit down at the table and wing it based on a plot outline and a few stat blocks; it's a little tougher for beginners, who'll need a lot of additional prep time.