NEWS

[SR4] Double Image and Ruthenium Polymer Coating

• 3 Replies

Aleph

• Newb
« on: <12-28-13/0448:51> »
Hi,

a questions regarding the spell Double Image and Ruthenium Polymer Coating. Is it possible to be invisible while having a visble Double Image?

TsuiPen

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <01-04-14/1842:32> »
I'd say you can do both. But wearing Ruthenium Polymer Coating does not make you exactly invisible. I used to imagine the effect to be a little like in Predator, if you know what you're looking for, you can see it, though to see it when distracted is unlikely, and it is hard to keep track when it is moving and darting in and out of cover. Also, most armor does not cover all parts of the face. So I say whatever little visible residue remains, the spell doubles it.

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #2 on: <01-10-14/0235:22> »
Yeah, Ruthenium Polymer only coats you with cloaking images. It's not invisibility.

Fun fact. RuPolymer imposes a penalty on Perception tests.Which means... if it's a situation where someone automtically succeeds at the test, like spotting someone out in the middle of an open area with no other significant distractions, the stuff does absolutely nothing.

There really should have been a "dazzle camouflage" combat option where rather than trying to cloak you the RuPolymer creates false silhouettes and other imagery to make it harder to tell your exact body position, imposing a penalty to hit you.

-k

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <01-10-14/0255:19> »
Just to point out because it seems to have been missed; RPC copies your surroundings. An illusory copy of you from Double Image is a direct duplication, correct? If so, it looks just like you with a coating of your surroundings, not the illusion's.