NEWS

Need help choosing programs for E-ghost.

• 7 Replies

Jeeves

• Chummer
« on: <10-25-10/1451:22> »
So, remember Simon "Thorn" foster? GM ruled that Rosie is an E-ghost. Now, I need to get a character sheet made.

The rest is all taken care of except for programs. She has 120,000 nyen for programs, and I have no idea what she would need.

What programs (at what ratings) should I buy for this character?

Thanks

Dakka

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <10-25-10/1520:45> »
E-ghost as in she's an AI now?  Did she have any hacking background before becoming an E-ghost?

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #2 on: <10-25-10/1535:56> »
Analyze, Browse, Command, Edit, Encrypt and Scan for the common use. If you take 6 in all, it'll cost 3,600¥.

For hacking, I'd go with Armor, Attack, Blackout, Corrupt, Decrypt, Defuse, ECCM, Exploit, Medic, Nuke, Sniffer, Spoof, and Stealth. At rating 6, they'd be 78,000¥ total.

That leaves 38,400¥. Two Agents (R6) is 30,000¥, leaving 8,400¥.

Are you sure you have 120,000¥ for programs, or is it for resources? It seems like an awful lot.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #3 on: <10-25-10/1536:47> »
E-ghost as in she's an AI now?  Did she have any hacking background before becoming an E-ghost?
In Thorn's thread, it was mentioned that she was a Technomancer.

Ultra Violet

• Omae
  • Child of the Matrix
« Reply #4 on: <10-25-10/1544:26> »
Who or what was she before? And when or how did she become an e-Ghost (where was she and what happened in detail)? Has she a main goal, a reason or purpose to become an e-Ghost? Does she know who she was? And how does she cope?
These questions could lead you to her programs and her skill set...
« Last Edit: <10-25-10/1546:12> by Ultra Violet »

Dakka

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <10-25-10/1742:32> »
And E-Ghosts are prohibited from ever having inherent programs right?

I agree with FastJacks program choices except I prefer Black Hammer over Blackout (I'm vengeful like that).  Analyze/Stealth/Exploit will be the backbone of most hacking actions.  I'd also try to find 6,000 for Data Bomb.  Nothing sets off a node alarm faster than having one of these bad boys go off.

Jeeves

• Chummer
« Reply #6 on: <10-25-10/2227:20> »
She wont be doing a whole lot of hacking, just piloting cars, hacking other vehicles or drones, and so on. the 120k nuyen was for resources, doesn't have to just be for programs.

Her motivations as a character don't matter as of now, and i know next to nothing for the different matrix programs. That's why i came to you guys. Rosie is essentially the E-ghost of the technomancer who was Thorn's Rosie., if that makes sense. She was a technomancer. That's all i have for her.

Also, on a side note, can agents run more than one program at a time?

thanks

Dakka

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <10-25-10/2247:03> »
Does Rosie live in Thorn's new ride (did Thorn need a new ride after the shooting?), or does she have a home node somewhere else?  Is the 120,000 for just Rosie for Rosie and Thorn to share, or does Thorn have his own cash reserve?   Are you writing up Rosie or is the GM or a third party?

Hacking vehicles and drones will require Stealth/Exploit/Analyze to get in and once you are in there Command should let you remote control the sucker from your admin account. Armor/Attack/Black Hammer will help out should Rosie be caught trying to hack and have IC sent to stop her.  Medic and a decent agent will keep Rosie's Icon from getting too trashed.  Decrypt is for Encrypted drone/vehicle nodes.   Defuse is for Data Bombed drone/vehicle nodes.  Sniffer is for intercepting wireless traffic to evesdrop or sometimes to fool a node with on the fly editing.  Scan finds hidden nodes.

This thread, http://forums.shadowrun4.com/index.php?topic=754.0 has some very good advice for beginning matrix users.  You will notice the list here and there are virtually identical except for the inclusion of Armor which can be more important to an AI who can't just switch to a new commlink for a new icon and a full matrix condition monitor.