NEWS

HMHVV - The Romero strain?

• 16 Replies

Lansdren

• Chummer
« Reply #15 on: <11-04-10/0425:25> »
I did a ghoul run once and balenced the odd smart ghoul with a pack of ferals. Ferals are the way to go, they dont think they just hunt and you have the option for a overlord of some form to give them some commands when you need it. My command style for them was a mage casting influence on them like they were just a animal to command.
"Didnt anyone tell you as security school to geek the mage first?"  "I guess I will just have to educate you with a introduction to my boomstick"

lonewolf23k

• Newb
« Reply #16 on: <11-27-10/0906:44> »
I had a similar idea for making a variant HMHVV "Romero Strain", although I wouldn't have it reanimate corpses.  Instead, the regular virus would've mutated to act like a form of rabies, infecting normal people and turning them into ravenous cannibals.  The virus would also have aspects of flesh-eating disease, causing necrotisation of the infected's flesh, and a numbing of pain, thus explaining why the "zombies" would look like corpses and be resistant to injury.

Mind you, the tissue necrosis would inevitably cause the "zombies" to collapse and decay, so they could be relatively easy to deal with by containing them until they collapsed on their own.

...Which would make a lot of Mega-Corps interested in their weaponization potential.

Edit: Alternatively, a Magically mutated variant of Toxoplasmosis could work as well, as it's real-world counterpart has been known to induce Psychiatric Disorders in infected patients.
« Last Edit: <11-27-10/0909:25> by lonewolf23k »