Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
General Discussion / Any interest in intro light SR5 house rules?
« Last post by SITZKRIEG on (23:03:37/01-20-18) »
I was curious if Anarchy scratched the potential itch others had of a less crunchy SR system over here on the full SR5 side of the forums.  I took a look at the rules and the playstyle just doesn't do it for me (along with the various technical issues the ruleset had when I looked at it a while back).   I appreciate the granularity that Shadowrun has traditionally offered (been playing on and off since 2nd edition) but I've found it difficult to ease new players into the game because of the steep learning curve.  I do alot of house rules on my blog and was curious if a rules lite compatible introductory version of SR5 would be of interest to folks here.  It would mainly be of interest to starting groups to ease them into the full ruleset.  Or is that not different enough from Anarchy to warrant doing?  I'm curious to see what the thoughts are on that subject.
Looking for Games / Any Atlanta area gamers looking for a player?
« Last post by SITZKRIEG on (22:56:14/01-20-18) »
Playing the trio of Harebrained SR games has gotten me interested again in the IP.  Any south side ATL players looking to start up a game or have room for another player?  I'd like to play at Discover games in Fayetteville if possible as that is already a 25+ mile trek towards the city for me (sorry, can't join any North side games due to the commute). 
Catalyst's Shadowrun Products / Re: Sprawl ganger?
« Last post by SITZKRIEG on (22:52:41/01-20-18) »
I've been on a recent SR kick after picking up the three Harebrained games during the recent Steam Winter sale and it got me thinking about this game as well as the board game mentioned a few years ago.  I came here to ask about it (amongst other things) but luckily this thread was updated relatively recently.  I hope something tangible comes out of one or both of these ideas soon.  *fingers crossed*
Looking for Games / Re: Brand New Player, Looking for an online group
« Last post by 5H1FT on (21:30:51/01-20-18) »
I'm down to GM for sure. I tried the link that was posted for the discord but it's expired, i'm available pretty much all the time though so hopefully we could all make something work :D i'll message the other guys on this thread and  we can see if we can make something work.
Character creation and critique / Re: Melee Mage
« Last post by Marcus on (20:39:49/01-20-18) »
Why Rat over Shark?
Your P-limit is a real issue given your build is unarmed. The elf version is an improvement but don't get crazy, touch spell drain is stupid low, you don't need to push drain soak to the Nth. Accepting a lower the standard melee build strength is fine, but you need a lot more reaction,  and even with the touch only advantages a limit that going to get through.
When in doubt add weapon focus Knucks.
Character creation and critique / Re: Fangs as a weapon foci
« Last post by Marcus on (20:26:06/01-20-18) »
Really Fangs? Come on now. The greatest biter in the history of SR?

Que Epic fight scene music, you vs the Troll. Camera goes to the Troll as he raises monstrous enchanted Mace.
Camera swings back to you and you just smile showing those enchanted chompers.

I'm sorry guys, I don't see it, get a nice sword, or mace, maybe a spear, could get ethnic pick up a mega enchanted macuahuitl or maybe Nice Kris. Go all 70 and get some nunchuks. A katana is never a mistake when one is running the shadows. A Dao won't let you down! A Jain is lovely for a stroll through the Acid Rain. The dawn is never far when one has a Morningstar.

Some battle you just don't want to win, some titles are just better left to NPCs.
« Last post by Smoke on (18:20:35/01-20-18) »
I think we need a gm.

I don't have the discord link either private messaging everyone would work or we could start a play by post game on this site then everyones time limitations wouldn't matter as much.
Rules and such / Re: SR5: 2 MECHANICS ON ACTIVE SOFTS
« Last post by The Bald Man on (14:32:28/01-20-18) »
Pregen's in the CRB are fraught with errors, but I agree with your conclusion.
« Last post by 5H1FT on (14:30:05/01-20-18) »
Hey there! are you guys still looking for players/ a GM? I have a little experience running games and would love to actually play occasionally. Shoot me a discord link if you're interested :)
Looking for Games / Re: New player seeking online Group for 5E
« Last post by 5H1FT on (14:12:08/01-20-18) »
Hey there! are you guys still looking for players/ a GM? I have a little experience running games and would love to actually play occasionally. Shoot me a discord link if you're interested :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10