NEWS

SR4 20th Anniversary Limited Edition

• 29 Replies

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #15 on: <09-09-10/1051:04> »
Looking through System Failure, The Yamatetsu MetaMatrix, UOL, PacRim Comm, Angel Sat, Arespace, Shiawase, MCT and Wuxing were the first to be hit with worms. There was also a worm at Europort, one on the Singapore MRG, and Puck's worm that hit Deus at Boston. Eleven worms total that have been detailed.

There were 15 EMP bombs set up over major cities, set to go off when the virus killed the LTG. Unfortunately, this doesn't mean there were code eggs at each location, but we might be able to assume so. So, I'd put a very rough estimate at between 15-25 code eggs.

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #16 on: <09-09-10/1054:30> »
Frag, that's a lot of worms...

Scary thought of the day: I wonder how many Corps kept fragments of the wormcode. And how far they got in reverse engineering it, now that some have help from TMs...
SR4A Limited Edition [german] - 0478/1100

Casazil

• Omae
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #17 on: <09-09-10/1653:23> »
Eh if a corp can hold bug spirits and experiment on them I'm sure one or more has some if not all of at least one of those virus's crash 3.0 comeing soon to a game near you.
"If at first you don't succeed blame someone else"
Joel "Casazil" Rogers
Catalyst Demo Team Shadowrun Special Agent #251
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/CasazilsShadowrun/

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #18 on: <09-09-10/1658:11> »
Didn't the corp's dissect the original crash virus from `29 to create the first Black IC programs?

I'm sure they're doing something similar with Jormungard...

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #19 on: <09-10-10/0101:15> »
Didn't the corp's dissect the original crash virus from `29 to create the first Black IC programs?

I'm sure they're doing something similar with Jormungard...

Yes and most likely yes.

Casazil

• Omae
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #20 on: <09-10-10/0625:14> »
From what i remember the original virus hid out in the matrix untill this latest crash and it helped Mag fight dues.

So at best the corps got just a sample of it maybe something it disguarded???
"If at first you don't succeed blame someone else"
Joel "Casazil" Rogers
Catalyst Demo Team Shadowrun Special Agent #251
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/CasazilsShadowrun/

Krypter

• Newb
« Reply #21 on: <09-18-10/1511:35> »
First point is this book is beautiful etc....

However has anyone had problems getting the book out of the case?

As I got it for my birthday and then took me a good hour or two to get it out to start with.
I have these "thumbs" things that help me a great deal in manipulating objects. So no.

Beautiful book, btw, way better than the original monochromatic 4E design (which I couldn't stand). It looks so nice I'm afraid to use it for gaming.

BTW, something strange happened to the LE versions here in Canada, as Amazon had them cheaper than the regular non-LE version. They must have over-ordered those or something. Saved me a bundle though!
"Degrade first the arts if you'd mankind degrade,
Hire idiots to paint with cold light and hot shade."
-WB

TheBigD

• Newb
« Reply #22 on: <10-10-10/2324:54> »
Yeah, an absolutely gorgeous book. :)  The other SR books on my shelves are jealous of it and I think they're plotting behind its back.   :o

Some people think I have too many SR books.   ;D

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #23 on: <10-10-10/2344:19> »
Some people think I have too many SR books.   ;D
Too... many... ? I don't understand this concept. What is this you speak of?

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #24 on: <10-11-10/0127:17> »
I was about to ask the same thing. I tought that was some kind of yankee thing, but since you asked, too... I am confused.

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #25 on: <11-15-10/1842:35> »
I'm just going to post:

That book is amazing! Whenever i look at it, there's gnashing of teeth, because i can't manage to play/GM SR... But i re-read it for the short stories usually, and it always makes me feel better about that.
Thanks for the 20nd anniversary rulebook, CGL team.
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

theKernel

• Omae
  • I believe you like it served cold -Matador
« Reply #26 on: <02-04-11/1321:04> »
I also agree that the book is beautiful but I don't know which one I own. How can you tell? Also how the heck do you guys(FJ Doc Chaos) know so much about this game? I mean I guess I know that much about D and D but I wish I could trade it for shadowrun info you know?
HACK THE PLANET
Theres no place like 127.0.0.1
Always start and end character creation by asking yourself "why is this character not an ork." If you don't have a good answer you should be an ork. -UmaroVI
"Stay at least one lie ahead of everyone else"-Vitriol
SR4+++hbB?!Wdk++o+++++M+P-

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #27 on: <02-04-11/1334:02> »
I also agree that the book is beautiful but I don't know which one I own. How can you tell? Also how the heck do you guys(FJ Doc Chaos) know so much about this game? I mean I guess I know that much about D and D but I wish I could trade it for shadowrun info you know?
The 20th Anniversary edition says so in a couple places -- bottom right of the cover, along the spine, end of the back cover blurb.

And the only way to learn is experience.  Be a fan of the game for 20+ years, get a collection of Shadowrun books that'd do a library proud, read 'em, reread 'em for fun, hang out on the internet talking about it, play, play, play...and the next thing you know all the Shadowrun's soaking in, and all sorts of trivial nonsense (like your wife's name or where you left the car keys) is being replaced by remembering the formal scientific name for elves or trolls.  ;)

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #28 on: <02-04-11/1336:24> »
This is the 4E Core Rulebook (SR4)This is the 20th Anniversary Edition (SR4A)This is the Limited Edition (SR4LE)

As for how I know so much about the game, "fan" is derivative of the "fanatic" - a person that obsesses over an object, person or idea.

And, I've been a fan for a long, long time. ;)

theKernel

• Omae
  • I believe you like it served cold -Matador
« Reply #29 on: <02-04-11/1338:04> »
Ohhhh I have the anniversary! And I plan to be playing this for a very very long time, so i guess I should start buying books other than this one. I have the PDF of unwired but I think next is sixth world almanac.
HACK THE PLANET
Theres no place like 127.0.0.1
Always start and end character creation by asking yourself "why is this character not an ork." If you don't have a good answer you should be an ork. -UmaroVI
"Stay at least one lie ahead of everyone else"-Vitriol
SR4+++hbB?!Wdk++o+++++M+P-