NEWS

Chrome Flesh Errata

• 250 Replies

I_AM_ZHOUL!!!

• Omae
« Reply #165 on: <08-29-15/0721:45> »
I suspect it's a more general clarification on Internal Router, as it clearly works for some wireless bonuses, but not others, and which isn't clear, so is a lot of GM calls.

The explanation for most wireless bonuses (sometimes in fluff, sometimes in crunch, sometimes by players) was that the device had to rely on distributed processing power or information sources on the Matrix. Some never fitted that well, and would be good candidates for Internal Router.

I hope none of my players want one, don't really want to have to make calls on everything a player considers fitting.

Most everything is an easy call... Yes or No. The Smartlink is one of the weird ones in that it should provide all the bonuses but how the Smartlink/Smartgun works is confused even in Core. Yeah you'll have to spend a few minutes going over everything the first time but 'ware like Attention Coprocessor, Increased Hearing Spectrum, Fiber optic Hair, & LED Tattoos need connection to outside databases while 'ware like Eye Light System & Microscopic lenses just reduce Actions by  a step. But I doubt that you are ever going to have much of a problem since it's a very niche piece of 'ware. I built a full 4 cyberlimb Character so it was worth that excessive Essence cost to play with all my gadgets very easily... but in most builds it just isn't worth the essence cost for negligible bonuses.

I_AM_ZHOUL!!!

• Omae
« Reply #166 on: <08-30-15/1858:54> »
@Wakshanni... why wasn't something like a Skillwire Expert System included? There was a whole lot of focus on trying to bring Skillwires into relevant play but not being able to reroll Edge is kinda punishing for a Skillwire Character? Not being able to reroll failed tests is pretty punishing for a Skillwire focused Character, when a .1 Essence/¥3k piece of 'ware alleviated that issue in 4th.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #167 on: <08-30-15/2019:50> »
I haven't convinced everyone that Skillwires needed help yet. I figured that I could either A) go Expert or B) lower the entry cost, and I went with B for now. Spending Edge on SKillwires removes the one real weakness that they have, but wouldn't really help people buy in sinc ethe system's high cost and availability were the real hamstrings. By dropping the cost and lowering teh availability, it allows for people to dip a toe in (Skilljack 2 opens up Linguasofts and Knowsofts, a HUGE boon for a small cost), go in pretty heavy (Skilljack 4!), or all-in (Skilljack + Skillwirs + Chipjack) ... it nearly creates a new archetype, and certainly opens a lot of doors.

If it *still* isn't enough, some of the other things I proposed (I'd set Activesofts lower in prcie by a tad, for instance) might go in, or, yes, teh Expert System.

I'd rather be too cautious, where we could release another improvement later, than go in too hard and create something that everyone wanted. Keep in mind, I'm not on the rules team, so I tend to play safer with things than some of the others do, and I tend to leave things in GM hands more than some do as well. I was worried about some gear I put forth in Run and Gun, but so far there haven't been *too* many complaints there, other than one being too weak. Teh one I was most worried about I've never seen anyone MENTION, let alone take. So, I guess it was okay. :D

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #168 on: <08-30-15/2101:40> »
I was worried about some gear I put forth in Run and Gun, but so far there haven't been *too* many complaints there, other than one being too weak. Teh one I was most worried about I've never seen anyone MENTION, let alone take. So, I guess it was okay. :D

I can think of a few folks willing to review whatever you have.  For free.  And very nearly instant and vocal.   : )

Or you can keep it to folks who've signed NDAs and been interviewed by the rules team.  I guess.  But what harm can come from pre-releasing unapproved rules to random folks on the internet?    :P

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #169 on: <08-30-15/2145:30> »
Yeah nooooo.

I like my job, thanks. :D

I_AM_ZHOUL!!!

• Omae
« Reply #170 on: <08-31-15/0241:47> »
I haven't convinced everyone that Skillwires needed help yet. I figured that I could either A) go Expert or B) lower the entry cost, and I went with B for now. Spending Edge on SKillwires removes the one real weakness that they have, but wouldn't really help people buy in sinc ethe system's high cost and availability were the real hamstrings.

Pegasus obviously saw very differently since they reduced the price of Skilljacks down to Rating×¥1000 when they released their version in German. But whoever is saying that a Skillwire Expert System is bad because spending Edge would be game breaking needs to go look at it again. It was there in 4th & Skill Maximum was 6... yet they were still very niche characters. Now the Skill Maximum is 12, that's a whole magnitude of improvement possible whereas before it was possible to be as good as one could possibly get using Skilljacks/wires.

The reduction of Skilljacks from ¥20,000 to ¥10,000 per Rating at least took them from... "HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... FUCK NO!!!!!" down to... "wow... those sucks for Nuyen to Karma benefit" especially when you factor in the Activesoft costs or the Platinum Skill Network that still only goes to 4 but cost ¥20,000 a month. Been trying to make a character but going MbW is the only way that's remotely viable &  even then it's definitely sub-par.

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #171 on: <08-31-15/1031:56> »
I remember hearing skillware was a cheep way of having a skilled labor force, but those costs are crazy. I much prefer the German pricing.
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #172 on: <08-31-15/1705:27> »
I remember hearing skillware was a cheep way of having a skilled labor force, but those costs are crazy. I much prefer the German pricing.

That's why I brought Hardwires back. :)

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #173 on: <08-31-15/2134:49> »
Ah, thanks then. Kinda enjoyed the horrible picture of Mega's saying here lie down for your job training. Bone saw? Nope, breath in this real quick. 24hrs later, welcome drone, uploads needed info, your desk is right here.
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.

Slamm-O!

• Chummer
« Reply #174 on: <08-31-15/2349:20> »
Junkyard Jaw is .75 Essence and [6] Capacity. 

A Partial Cyberskull is .4 with 4 capacity. 

How can half your head be lower essence than getting your lower jaw and upper teeth taken out ?

I say drop it down to .25, or .5 for the Junkyard Jaw, and using 4 capacity. 

Or upping the partial cyberskull capacity.  right now you can only fit a cyberdeck in there. 

Do we have any idea on what capacity on cybereyes / ears is to implant into a skull ? i assume the same as they carry but you never know.
Mess with the best.  Die like the rest !

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #175 on: <09-01-15/1105:21> »
There might be skull options added later that up the Capacity.

As for the Jaw, yeah, it's a lot, but there's also a LOT more work going on there than with just a skull plate.

https://www.google.com/search?q=trap+jaw&biw=1348&bih=665&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMI2rfso43WxwIVCHg-Ch0CgQ7C

https://www.google.com/search?q=trap+jaw&biw=1348&bih=665&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMI2rfso43WxwIVCHg-Ch0CgQ7C#tbm=isch&q=iron+gob

(It maybe should have been .45 like a partial limb, but I needed to trade off a bit for the damage potential it has, so I upped it a tad.)

I_AM_ZHOUL!!!

• Omae
« Reply #176 on: <09-01-15/1542:43> »
Real Errata Clarification Post

Optimized limbs raise the user’s applicable limit by +1 for each limb optimized in that skill.

Munden QuickDraw: A rare entry from Lone Star, the QuickDraw is both fast and accurate. (Pistols)

Since Firearms don't have Limits, does that mean that it applies to Accuracy? Or do you just only get the +1 Die Pool Modifier for 2 Cyberarms?

Slamm-O!

• Chummer
« Reply #177 on: <09-03-15/2351:29> »
Pg 87 Grapple Hand - you need Exotic Ranged Weapon (Grapple Gun) for targeting the hand.  What if the hand has a Shock Hand. 

Reach out and BzzzzRrrrrTt. 

Or the Hand has other Cyberweapons.  Spurs, Extreme Weapon mod with a chainsaw that can launch outward etc.

« Last Edit: <09-04-15/1214:57> by Slamm-O! »

Slamm-O!

• Chummer
« Reply #178 on: <09-04-15/0010:26> »
Cyberlimbs have capacity and you can add items to them.  Much more useful.  I don't see it costing that much essence or using that much capacity still. 

I can have a Chainsaw hand .5 Essence !? That takes up only 5 capacity ? That does MORE damage.

Slamm-O!

• Chummer
« Reply #179 on: <09-04-15/0016:28> »
Random Thought:

What happened to the rule you get +2 Damage if you have a pair of cyberweapons.  It might make it worth while to take two then.  Now it's just an essence sink from a mechanical standpoint.