NEWS

This Old Drone

• 12 Replies

Shanfara

• Newb
« on: <10-30-10/0929:48> »
First impressions:

I dig it, a lot. A bunch of old drones. I love drones. they don't talk back, you don't have to pay them, and they're not susceptible to mind control.

I like the rules for obsolescence as well. I think technology getting older and not working as well is very cyberpunk, especially in a world like SR4 where runs take place everywhere from Lagos to Manhattan: High tech and low life OR low tech and low life.

I'm looking forward to bringing these drones into my game.

The lack of obvious balance between mundanes and awakened casters enhances the game and encourages creativity and role playing.

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #1 on: <10-30-10/1434:33> »
I noticed on the Login page the rep score was shot, -729, I'm guessing it was Clockwork logging in. Really dig the book.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

Xerxos

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <11-01-10/1229:18> »
What's going on with the abyssal acceleration? Every drone is slower than the slowest "normal" drone.

Shanfara

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <11-01-10/1254:23> »
I saw that. I can't imagine that's entirely correct, unless they've changed the vehicle rules and just haven't told us yet.

Or I'd add a 0 to all values.

The lack of obvious balance between mundanes and awakened casters enhances the game and encourages creativity and role playing.

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #4 on: <11-01-10/1539:04> »
Yeah, pretty sure those are typos... :( Hopefully there'll be a fix out soon. I know they are obsolete but that's going a bit too far.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <11-03-10/0637:04> »
Cross quoting from dumpshock's This Old Drone topic
Quote from: JM Hardy
Typos--they're going to be fixed. But our layout guy, who has a day job at a newspaper, has to survive election day first.

Jason H.
"An it harm none, do what you will"

FoxBoy

• Chummer
« Reply #6 on: <11-03-10/1254:13> »
I noticed on the Login page the rep score was shot, -729, I'm guessing it was Clockwork logging in. Really dig the book.

He's -still- in the dumps? Guess he never recovered from trying to turn Netcat in to the corps for the bounty. I wonder if his contacts are still talking to him...

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #7 on: <11-03-10/1339:59> »
Well, from all that's been written of Clockwork, he wasn't that likeable even before he tried to get the bounty on Netcat. The one write-up on him noted that he liked to bring untested equipment on runs to see how it would fare... and not tell his partners that it was untested.

gorta

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <11-25-10/0149:16> »
Just bought this and noticed that the M1216 Mule and MQ-8 Fire Scout don't have a size.  Are they both Large Drones?

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #9 on: <11-25-10/0322:20> »

He's -still- in the dumps? Guess he never recovered from trying to turn Netcat in to the corps for the bounty. I wonder if his contacts are still talking to him...

Well, he is an ass (a BIG one), but he seems to pack a lot of great gear and talent for it. Maybe he chances teams and contacts more often than I change my shorts, but a rep for getting the job done is worth a lot, even if people don't invite you to dinner parties.
SR4A Limited Edition [german] - 0478/1100

Greegan

• Newb
« Reply #10 on: <04-29-11/2302:18> »
Just bought this and noticed that the M1216 Mule and MQ-8 Fire Scout don't have a size.  Are they both Large Drones?

I would guess the Mule would be "large" (comparable in size to the Lynx)? The MQ-1 Predator is labelled "Medium", so my GUESS is the Fire Scout too is "Medium".

Peter_M_Andrew_Jr

• Freelancer
  • Newb
« Reply #11 on: <01-23-13/2150:41> »
For a little threadomancy, the revised edition is now available.

Hope you enjoy the artists' work.

Peter

NinthSphere

• Chummer
« Reply #12 on: <01-25-13/2259:25> »
Thumbs up for the revised edition. It cleans up well.