NEWS

Denver Dumpshock Afternoon (Season 2) IC

• 14 Replies

Jian

• Chummer
« on: <12-04-12/2031:29> »
Visits to Denver are one set of things. Staying for an extended period of time in the city of Ghostwalker and multi-nation sectors is an unholy headache. That and work has been unfairly light so far. The good news, was within the past few minutes, each of you had received messages from contacts about a job offer.

The place is Denim, a nightclub in the PCC sector. The Johnson, according to a choice remark, seems to be looking for 'shiny new faces' of the neutral sort. Slammin' good, wouldn't you think, chummers?

The time is 2 PM. The meeting is set for 4:30 PM. You have 2.5 hours to do legwork and prepare and such. Your contacts suggested you get there on time.

Solodice

• Chummer
« Reply #1 on: <12-05-12/2201:20> »
Stinger was awoken by the loud pulsating sounds of powernoize from his virtual alarm clock.

"1 pm... I swear I set it for 8 am." Stinger said as he rolled out of bed and in a zombie like fashion made his way to the apartments kitchen. The soy decaf was already set and steaming for him and this is when he looked at his messages.

A job and it's in my own backyard. Thank goodness as boarder crossings are pure hell.

Stinger went over the rest of the message sipping his decaf . With the cup drained Stinger went and got himself ready for work. A form fitting shirt was the first to go on and it showed off Stingers muscles nicely or at least he thought it did. He then dawned his combat vest and threw a civie t-shirt over it. The tee was then joined by a Avalanche hoodie.

Stinger checked his Fichetti Security 600 and tucked it, with it's conceable holster, into his waistband.

"Party time!" He said to himself as he left the apartment. It was only around 2 pm so Stinger decided to take a nice walk around the surrounding neighborhood. The perfect chance to get a look for some places to break into in case he was low on Nuyen in the future. Nothing to note really.

I really need to get into those nicer hoods out west.

With nothing better to do Stinger heads to the closest bus stop that would take him to Denim. To pass the time he called up Rickey.

To Stinger's disappointment Rickey didn't pick up so he just left a message for him, "Hey old rat, get back to me when you have time. I got some business to talk about with you."

[spoiler]Area Knowledge: Denver (bus stops in PCC that get close to Denim):3d6.hits(5)=1[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Contact Availability Roll: 1d6=2[/spoiler]
Thought | Speech | Matrix | Astral

THE EDGE, there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. ― Hunter S. Thompson

Triggvi

• Omae
  • It is all fun and games until the rum runs out
« Reply #2 on: <12-09-12/2007:24> »
Regina puts down the wrench she has in her hand, looks at the call log. Hmm a job, just in time, I wonder what the job is? She reaches out in to the air and presses a button, saving the AR repair program she is running for the drone.  Presses another non-existing button and starts typing data search parameters into the data search field, flips data and inserts tags. Get directions to the club, estimated driving time and traffic conditions.

She walks to her closet and pulls out a clean jet black jumpsuit and puts it on.  She then sits down and start putting virtual makeup and redoing her on her AR image for the meet.

Note to Gina “Check with Data hawk concerning the Denim Club.” 

Regina’s AR image looks a lot more like an idealized steampunk version of her in perfect make up and goggles; her real life image of a chick mechanic with her hair in a ponytail and no makeup. She rides around on a second hand thundercloud contrail racing bike that looks it has seen better days but seems to purr like a kitten.

She arrives an hour before the meet and starts using her drones to scan the area and walks in the club with her fireflies in her pockets.

.[spoiler]
16d6.hits(5) → [2,6,2,6,1,1,6,3,5,6,4,6,1,3,4,5] = (7)
Data search on the Demin club.
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <12-09-12/2322:40> by Triggvi »
Speaking  Com  Thinking

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
  • The idea is to die young as late as possible -A.M.
« Reply #3 on: <12-09-12/2152:01> »
It's been a hard night, the ZDF Major had him running across all over Denver just to Blow up some new Big-shot who wanted to start some sort of Cult there, but that's life. Some live it, some die in it, some just keep on being in it, not really doing anything, Witch seems like a wast of time, For Shadow at least that is. Live Big or go Bust trying. Reckless, NO, reckless is not big, Smart, though, is, so always have some options on your hands and a Ace up your sleeve.

Just as Shadow was about to get some well earned rest he got a message about the meet. ... Great, one more opportunity to get some extra Nuyen .. he thought to himself, so he edited the message he was about to send to Major Jefferson in the ZDF, he had been working as a agent for some time now, all of the books of course, but still even the Peacekeepers needed some help in keeping all the peace in a City like this.

>Yo, Jefferson, Got the kill, Confirmed and everything .... Data transmitted,
On a side note, added 10K to your back-pocket account, to repay you for the loan you gave me at the start. Will get the rest soon. Also if you know some cheap way to get across the CAS and PCC boarder i would appreciate it, i know you can not get a chopper to fly me over every time i need to do some of the record job for you guys, and i have some other work too. A simple Coyote would do, but if you have some plans of the Old Aztlan tunnels or something, you know i am a resourceful guy. Would appreciate the Intel!
Regards, Shadow<

As the meet was set to be very soon, Shadow adjusted his sleep-regulator to give him the boost and keep him awake for longer, he also played one more then one of his contacts being able to give him a hand, so he called up Tabby, a changeling that had given him some jobs previously.
>Morning, Beautiful, How was clubbing Yesterday, Sorry once more for not coming, you know works comes first, but next time defiantly will show you some of my moves on the dance-floor ;) Also, will need some info on coyote's running the Boarders from CAS to PCC, have a job there, and would love to go there with my Twins, but the Angry people on the boarder would not understand that, they are so Mean sometimes .... So call me when you have someone i could call for the boarder and do not forget to reserve me a evening of your time :)<

Sending both Messages Shadow decides to take a Cold shower to freshen up after the job, he still had enough time and also he would prefer to get to PCC with his guns in case the job was one of the "Here&Now" type's. ...Always be ready! ... , or something like that had his Master said, but he had seen it in a different light, better safe then sorry, then sorry quite often meant - DEAD!

Anticipating the Messages to be fast ones, he dropped all he had on him and gave himself to the embrace of the cold water, his Heavily modified Body shivered at first, then got used to the icy water. There was a new adventurer on the horizon, and he would defiantly be prepared for it :)

« Last Edit: <12-09-12/2154:21> by Kouryuu »
Prepare for the worst, hope for the best and expect nothing!
Matrix;speaking;thinking;ExternalSourcesLink
RainDragonBar

Caramelle

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <12-11-12/1548:54> »
Amadou was still trying to get asleep when she got the message. This was an unpleasant side effect of her previous life - almost impossible to sleep normally. She was trying to overcome it, but quite unsuccessfully by now. Probably because she hadn't much to do and get exausted. So she was happy to get a message about a job.

This sounds promising... At least something new and I really need some nuyen.

She got out of her bed and ordered a taxi for 4pm. Half an hour should be enough to get to the PCC. Then she prepared herself to go out and cross the border.

At 4pm she was already outside the apartment and got into the taxi - To the Denim club, PCC sector...

[spoiler]Border crossing
11d6.hits(5) → [6,2,3,4,4,2,4,1,2,5,1] = (2)
[/spoiler]
You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone. /Al Capone/

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix/Comlink

Jian

• Chummer
« Reply #5 on: <12-12-12/2057:38> »
Fortunately, you have an uneventful, relatively uninhibited transit into the Edgewater district of the PCC sector, and the neon sign for Denim is easily spotted. Due to the time, wageslaves haven't gotten out, and the parking lot is empty save for a car or too.

The lights and noise of the nearby Lakeview Amusement Park adds a backdrop to your arrival - plus the loud tribal beat music flooding from Denim itself. Inside, a few sprawl denizens nurse drinks like liquid comfort, served to them by a middle-aged human woman behind the bar, in Hopi tribal garb.

Something might be up her butt, or just default grumpiness, but she gives you a glare when you enter.

[spoiler]Triggvi's Data Search: Denim has a strong Hopi theme and NAN clientele... of course, shadow deals are common too. Did I mention you piece together from a number of comments that the Koshari are the owners?[/spoiler]

Triggvi

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <12-12-12/2106:21> »
Regina doesn't like the grumpy bartender icon and does an AR overlay of her image to turn her in to a sweet matronly bartender. Then Regina satisfied with her work sits down at the bar and orders a domestic beer and smile at the the bartender as her AR image smiles back.

[spoiler]
Regina is Reality Impaired. She is treating the grumpy bartender as an AR  Icon she can change. If you want me to make rolls for helping the grumpy bartender  with her AR Icon without her knowledge let me know.[/spoiler]

Speaking  Com  Thinking

Solodice

• Chummer
« Reply #7 on: <12-13-12/2041:39> »
Stinger took a quick look about and caught the look from the bartender. He just ignored her and took a seat the bar next to a human female that just ordered a beer.

"I'll take a Coors." He said taping his right hand's fingers across the bar top.

He looked over at the human next to him. From the look of things she did some work that was very hands on, mechanic, or maybe a construction worker for one of the sectors

Without looking at her he asked, "Come here often?"

[spoiler]Stinger's AR Icon is a man in cloak that's seems to have no face or is hidden behind the dark shadows of the cloak.[/spoiler]

THE EDGE, there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. ― Hunter S. Thompson

Triggvi

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <12-13-12/2058:25> »
"I Have never been here before in my life, first time. I am Regina btw. "
"Can I ask you a question? What is up with all the dark, depressing and grumpy AR Images? Take the nice nice woman behind the bar, she seems so sweet but has a really grumpy AR Images"
Speaking  Com  Thinking

Solodice

• Chummer
« Reply #9 on: <12-13-12/2232:59> »
Stinger laughed to himself, "Welcome to the PCC sector of Denver, sweetheart." He said in a southern drawl something he didn't do the first time, "It's not just the AR images but most of these people are probably grumby and pissed. These type of places usually draw in crowds of them. He paused for a moment, "Names Stinger."

Racking his hand across the bar top waiting for his Coors, where ever it might be, he looks over to Regina, "You here for the beer or the shitty music?" He asks referring to the tribal music that has been pounding in his ears.
« Last Edit: <12-13-12/2236:20> by Solodice »

Triggvi

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <12-13-12/2308:34> »
Stinger laughed to himself, "Welcome to the PCC sector of Denver, sweetheart." He said in a southern drawl something he didn't do the first time, "It's not just the AR images but most of these people are probably grumby and pissed. These type of places usually draw in crowds of them. He paused for a moment, "Names Stinger."

Racking his hand across the bar top waiting for his Coors, where ever it might be, he looks over to Regina, "You here for the beer or the shitty music?" He asks referring to the tribal music that has been pounding in his ears.

"I am not here for the Beer or the tribal music and I am sure as hell not here to pick up chicks" Regina glances at the bartender. "You?"
Speaking  Com  Thinking

Solodice

• Chummer
« Reply #11 on: <12-13-12/2356:17> »
Stinger ignored her question about him being here so he just came back with his own question, "If your not here for the beer, the music, or chicks, what are you here for then?"

The Coors finally arrived and Stinger took a sip of the beer waiting for Regina to answer his question.

Triggvi

• Omae
« Reply #12 on: <12-14-12/0004:00> »
Stinger ignored her question about him being here so he just came back with his own question, "If your not here for the beer, the music, or chicks, what are you here for then?"

The Coors finally arrived and Stinger took a sip of the beer waiting for Regina to answer his question.

"I will know what I am here for when someone makes an offer"
Speaking  Com  Thinking

Caramelle

• Chummer
« Reply #13 on: <12-14-12/1030:53> »
Amadou walked into the bar and winced. The music was terrible and people looked so grumpy and pissed that there was no way she could normally come to a place like this. She noticed a woman and a man at the bar and headed that way. Those two didn't seem like normal audience for place like this. Just a feeling, not that she knew them...

White wine, please, if that's possible, she ordered and shivered from the grumpy looks of the bartender.
You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone. /Al Capone/

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix/Comlink

Solodice

• Chummer
« Reply #14 on: <12-19-12/1840:06> »
"Business then, huh. Weird place to do any business if I would say so myself," Stinger said lying to Regina.

Stinger then eyed the elf that sat down next to him. He just grumbled to himself and took a drink of his Coors and almost spat it up when the elf ordered white wine.

"Wine... in a place like this," he thew his hands out, Coors in hand, presenting the place they were in, a tribal like bar that had terrible music, "At most your going to find this on the menu," he shook the Coors in his out stretched hand.

He brought his arms back in and drained the rest of his Coors and set it on the bar top with a bang.