NEWS

Creating a New Weapon

• 30 Replies

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #15 on: <10-14-10/0249:24> »
Trafalgar Gun Cane (which doesn't accept accessories, so it's tough to make modifications).
Actually it just cant mount accessories, you can mod it just as well as any other weapon.
For this, i would say just get a forearm snap blade(150Ą) added as an underbarrel weapon.
And then just talk with your GM about what you want the combination to look like, maybe pay extra 1000Ą for custom look 2 to justify hiding the under barrel blade by making the whole cane a little turdier then normal for example.

As for the cost of modifying stuff at chargen, i have allways gone with "you pay the price listed in the mod table and then your gun/vehicle has the mod in question", becouse i find it just silly to start reguiring the player to pay for someone to do that modding with her abstract starting recources. The book does say that those costs are for parts to do the modding, put to me saying that the player only has a collection parts when the play start is pretty much the same as saying to sammy that he has an aparment full of coolers containing various pieces of ware instead of having that ware in him.
"An it harm none, do what you will"

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <10-14-10/1107:17> »
Maybe instead of custom look 2 I should take custom look 1 and melee hardening.

I need melee hardening anyways and the thing is supposed to be fairly inconspicuous. It's not covered in golden skulls or anything like that.

It's got a silvery orb at the top for holding and the shaft is black, growing slightly narrower towards the end. Not the most common style, but not that out of the ordinary either. It's style makes it kinda resemble a wizard's wand or scepter, but not so much to mark him as such.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #17 on: <10-14-10/1344:29> »
Personally, I'd talk to my GM about it instead of an internet forum -- especially since it's a tangle of house rules, modifications, skill rolls, customizations, etc, etc, that you want to get (a) through a contact and (b) before game starts -- because his take on it matters more than Max's, or FastJack's, or mine, or anyone else's, really.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #18 on: <10-14-10/1347:06> »
Personally, I'd talk to my GM about it instead of an internet forum -- especially since it's a tangle of house rules, modifications, skill rolls, customizations, etc, etc, that you want to get (a) through a contact and (b) before game starts -- because his take on it matters more than Max's, or FastJack's, or mine, or anyone else's, really.
Too true.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #19 on: <10-14-10/1350:28> »
I mean, don't get me wrong.  I don't mean to come off as "shut up, stop asking questions!" or anything;  just that it wouldn't be a terribly good idea to get your hopes up based on what some of us here on the forums are telling you, and then present it as what's "right" to your GM.  Shadowrun, like any RPG is so terribly table-driven -- varying wildly from one GM's interpretation to another's, in a very postmodernist sort of way -- that your best bet is to regard forums as vague sort of fact-and-opinion gathering archives, to use us to research and to drum up three or four different ways you'd like to build your gunswordcane, and then to present each version to a GM, see which one he thinks looks the most fair/balanced/whatever, etc, etc.

Don't obsess over the details we give you, because all our opinions about the "best" way to build this thing are just that, opinions.

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <10-14-10/1431:55> »
Informed opinions are better than those of someone less informed.

I don't currently have a GM and these forums are my best source for this kind of information. :-[

I think i'll just have to try to do the best I can, making it.
« Last Edit: <10-14-10/1441:01> by Joker »

voydangel

• Omae
  • SR GM since 1990. Damn I'm old.
« Reply #21 on: <10-14-10/1749:47> »
Slightly off topic, but - where are you from Joker?
My tips for new GM's
Unless it is coming from an official source, RAI = "Rules As Imagined."
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4++SR5+++h+b+++B+D382UBIE-RN---DSF-W+m+(o++)gm+MP

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #22 on: <10-14-10/1928:58> »
I'm living in Summertown, Tennessee.
I'm from Eugene, Oregon.

voydangel

• Omae
  • SR GM since 1990. Damn I'm old.
« Reply #23 on: <10-14-10/2045:45> »
Ahh... darn, was gonna say you might be able to join my group if you were closer - since you lack a GM and all that, but alas, I am in Olympia, WA.
My tips for new GM's
Unless it is coming from an official source, RAI = "Rules As Imagined."
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4++SR5+++h+b+++B+D382UBIE-RN---DSF-W+m+(o++)gm+MP

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #24 on: <10-14-10/2051:22> »
Hey, thanks anyways. :)

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #25 on: <10-17-10/1714:31> »
You get something worked out?
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #26 on: <10-18-10/1112:53> »
YXou can also use a positive quality to buy a state of the art arsenal or equipement, i do not know exact name now. maybe there is one that allows you to get this weapon for the beginning. So I woul advice this way. In fact, your weapon is nothing so special that it cannot be bought for at most 2 BP :)

AJBuwalda

• Chummer
« Reply #27 on: <11-10-10/1056:20> »
WeaponDiff/ThresholdInterval
Most melee weaponsSimple/230 min
Basic melee weapons (ext. baton)Basic/41 day
Exotic melee weapons (swords)Complex/81 day
Street Sweeper/Streetline SpecialComplex/81 hour
Most pistols/riflesIntricate/121 week
Automatic weaponsExotic/161 week
Exotic ranged weaponsExotic/20+1 month

Simple weapons can be built without tools. Basic weapons would require a kit to build. Complex and intricate weapons require a shop, while exotic weapons need a facility.
Is this table in any of the source books?
Greetings from the Netherlands, comrade!

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #28 on: <11-10-10/1100:07> »
Simple weapons can be built without tools. Basic weapons would require a kit to build. Complex and intricate weapons require a shop, while exotic weapons need a facility.
I was basing it off the Build/Repair table (SR4A, p. 138) and Extended Test Difficulties table (SR4A, p. 64).

AJBuwalda

• Chummer
« Reply #29 on: <11-10-10/1104:52> »
I was basing it off the Build/Repair table (SR4A, p. 138) and Extended Test Difficulties table (SR4A, p. 64).
Ok, thanks! You honor your name, FastJack. (though I read that was also a hacker)
Greetings from the Netherlands, comrade!