NEWS

Suggestion: Forum Clock

• 3 Replies

Pyromaster13

• Omae
« on: <04-05-12/1608:43> »
I am fully aware that when you log into an account that the forum post timestamps match your time zone to make it easy to figure out when the post was made relative to your time.

But one thing I noticed is that when you're not logged in the posts go off of forum time, but there is no readout (that I could find) that shows you the 'current' forum time, thus making you unable to determine how long ago the post was made (easily anyhow).

So as a small suggestion, is there any way we can add a time/date readout of the current forum time for when you're not logged in? I can understand the argument of  "If it bugs you just get an account and log in" but what if you're on a public domain and can't/don't want to log in for security reasons?

So I once again humbly state that I'd like to see a forum clock for the 'not logged in' forum format if possible to give a little more utility to the guests that peruse the site.

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <04-05-12/2256:18> »
How would the system know what time you're in?
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

beowulf_of_wa

• Omae
  • just say no to rotary assault cannons and bubba.
« Reply #2 on: <04-05-12/2258:06> »
from personal forum settings, specifically time offset on the layout sub page.
« Last Edit: <04-05-12/2300:04> by beowulf_of_wa »
Carpe Noctem (seize the night)
Carpe per Diem (seize the pay), Carpe Dentum (seize the teeth), Carpe Denim (seize the pants)
Carpe Panem (seize the bread/capital)

no, i won't "just get over it."

NERPS!! for idiocy! NERPS!! for the minty fresh feeling! NERPS!! for gods! NERPS!! for guard duty!

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #3 on: <04-06-12/0012:55> »
from personal forum settings, specifically time offset on the layout sub page.

oh... I did not release.  Its always been American time... which in Australia can be confusing when you guys are almost a day behind....

+1 to you
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P