NEWS

Deathwishjoe PBP game OOC/IC

• 110 Replies

White_Ghost

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #105 on: <11-23-11/2219:58> »
[spoiler]
Ooo cool, I thought I'd have to hit 10 successes to beat a data bomb five. Regardless, Nuadu wouldn't have wasted a task to defuse the bomb if he knew it was a honey pot. Instead, he'll use his access to modify Aideen and his own accounts to have global access to the slaved nodes. He'll take his time, doing it personally instead of using the sprite.
edit test to gain admin to all nodes (6d6.hits(5)=3, 6d6.hits(5)=1, 6d6.hits(5)=3, 6d6.hits(5)=0, 6d6.hits(5)=4, 6d6.hits(5)=1)
Nuadu figures he can use all the help he can get, so he's gonna compile another sprite to do the browsing for him. Rating 5
compile force 5 data sprite (8d6.hits(5)=3)
Sprite's resistance roll
rating 5 data sprite resistance (5d6.hits(5)=1)
2 tasks, now to resist fading of 2S
Resist fading 2S (10d6.hits(5)=3)
And we're good.

Crack Sprite rating 5: 5 tasks
Data Sprite Rating 5: 2 tasks
[/spoiler]

The spirit nodded. Waving away the spy as he moved toward the bomb, "Leave it.". He held his spectral hand to his mouth for a moment where it glowed, and he withdrew a long feather. Blowing smoke around the feather on his open palm, it congealed into a 6 foot tall owl with half moon spectacles. "Find me purchase logs for any private security or transportation firms. Include any information on the new bust a move toy line." The ghost commanded forcefully. The Massive owl spread its considerable wingspan and flew away, off to retrieve the information.

[spoiler]
Data search (10d6.hits(5)=2, 10d6.hits(5)=2, 10d6.hits(5)=5, 10d6.hits(5)=4, 10d6.hits(5)=7, 10d6.hits(5)=2, 10d6.hits(5)=3, 10d6.hits(5)=4, 10d6.hits(5)=2, 10d6.hits(5)=2)
Crack sprite 5: 5 tasks
Data Sprite 5: 1 task
[/spoiler]

Kenshinjade

• Newb
« Reply #106 on: <11-29-11/1003:57> »
Aideen watched the sprite go and turned to her companion. you sure do like birds.

deathwishjoe

• Chummer
« Reply #107 on: <11-29-11/1902:20> »
OOC: sorry for the lack of posts recently.  Holiday season and all.  I wont be posting as often since my work load got kicked up a notch with all the holiday sales my company has.  However we should eb able to get this scene moving forward. 

As the sprite wanders off in search of whatever it can find on those subjects and alert goes off and red lights flash and you hear a loud klaxon warning every one on the node that there are intruders.  The ICE reports to the securtiy spider that the Honey pots data bomb has been defused.  and they begin looking for you.   

Matrix initiatives. (11d6.hits(5)=5, 11d6.hits(5)=2)

OOC: there initiative for this matrix fight is 16 and 13. 

Matrix perception to notice either of you. if the hitsequal your stealth they notice you. (13d6.hits(5)=3, 13d6.hits(5)=4)

alright squidman lets flush these loosers out of our system.  says the spider
« Last Edit: <12-02-11/2103:48> by deathwishjoe »

White_Ghost

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #108 on: <11-29-11/2239:56> »
[spoiler]
Ooo cool, I thought I'd have to hit 10 successes to beat a data bomb five. Regardless, Nuadu wouldn't have wasted a task to defuse the bomb if he knew it was a honey pot. Instead, he'll use his access to modify Aideen and his own accounts to have global access to the slaved nodes. He'll take his time, doing it personally instead of using the sprite.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler]
Which is why when Aideen told him, he didn't defuse it.
[/spoiler]

deathwishjoe

• Chummer
« Reply #109 on: <12-02-11/2149:13> »
OOC: fair enough, I apologize but its rather hard to read the white text in the spoiler tags since it jumps up and down while you try to select it.  Or at least it does for me.  They have dump spoiler tags here.  There are no other slaved nodes to this nexus but I'll assume you found admin tools they have for editing user accounts for the several other nods connected to the primary node before here. 

The large owl comes back and reports.  "I have searched all of this node and the public access nodes on the matrix however I could not find the information you requested.  perhaps it is on one of the other secure nodes in this cluster that I do not have access to?" 

White_Ghost

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #110 on: <12-04-11/1454:05> »
[spoiler]I totally agree. I was wondering why we are using white, it's nearly impossible to read on my monitors.
I suppose I forgot to write an admin account for the sprite. I'll do that now for all the nodes that this security node will allow me to:
edit+computer to write admin account for data sprite 4d6.hits(5)=2, 4d6.hits(5)=2, 4d6.hits(5)=3, 4d6.hits(5)=2, 4d6.hits(5)=0, 4d6.hits(5)=2
That should take care of it. once he's done, he'll spend the sprites last task to search everything it now has access to.
10d6.hits(5)=1, 10d6.hits(5)=5, 10d6.hits(5)=4, 10d6.hits(5)=5, 10d6.hits(5)=2, 10d6.hits(5)=6, 10d6.hits(5)=5, 10d6.hits(5)=4, 10d6.hits(5)=4, 10d6.hits(5)=3
After he returns with my data, he will disappear.
[/spoiler]

The spirit emitted an echoing growl. Flicking his fingers to produce the access codes needed for the sprite to further venture into some of the more secure nodes on the network. "Expand your search to include any shipments to the headquarters of MCT." He ordered, sending the massive owl off again. Turning to Aideen, the spirit continued, "We had better check the other nodes connected to the public one, this one seems to be a dead end."

Logging out of the security and IT node The spirit reappeared in it's one armed suit and tie in the public lobby before walking patiently to the 'manufacturing' door. And sliding his admin access card through the security terminal.