NEWS

Deathwishjoe PBP game OOC/IC

• 110 Replies

deathwishjoe

• Chummer
« on: <11-01-11/2141:22> »
In case your popping in to see what’s up here this is a quick run mission I am doing for a few local friends of mine.  As I am the GM but am also the one with the weird work schedule we are meeting here as it should make it easier logistically to play. 

For the future players here’s a few basics since I expect you’re probably new to PBP rpg’s.  Dice rolls will be done using the invisible castle website.  which can be found here.  http://invisiblecastle.com/. This website rolls your dice for you and then gives you a URL you can post online to show others what you rolled.  The syntax for dice rolling on Shadowrun games will more often than not be xd6.hits(5)  where x is the number of dice you wish to roll.  Once you roll it will give you a URL you can paste into this forum. 

In order to simplify things We are going to ignore a lot of the normal protocols and etiquette used in PBP games such as having the out of character post in a separate forum post from the in character post.  I expect his game will be a horrible introduction to online gaming etiquette so please don’t use this as an example. 

In order to help me the DM distinguish between what type of text you are writing we will use the following color code.

Actions
Out of Character text
In character out loud speach
Matrix or subvocal microphone speach
Character thoughts

« Last Edit: <11-01-11/2217:57> by deathwishjoe »

deathwishjoe

• Chummer
« Reply #1 on: <11-02-11/2138:06> »

OOC: P.S. I took the liberty of naming and fleshing out one of your contacts. 

Your eating a bowl of Beef flavored textured soy proteins and noodles on your break during your day job when your commlink starts bzzing letting you know you have a message.  However rather then a social call its using the ringer you set up for people trying to get a hold fo you about your other line of work.  The one you do at night.  You answer the call and see the face of your Fixer contact the red headed Irish American Dwarven Bar owner Murray "Sticky Fingers" McConaughey.  "Oi! Aideen.  I have a job for you.  Some bloke wearing a suit contacted me saying he had a job for someone who was could work some vehicle shenanigans for him and I thought of you.  he wants to meet you in this bar in the touristville district called the Rusty Nail.  your supposed ta meet em there at about 8 PM tonight."  Once your shift is over that should give you about 2 hours to get ready and head over to the meet.   

Kenshinjade

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <11-02-11/2224:27> »
Aideen raised her eyebrow and looked up to make sure her boss wasn't listening. Did he give you any particular info?  I'm not going to do anything that's going to get me killed.  That last job you had me do nearly got me caught by the cops.  She said, remembering the time she was sent in to procure a vehicle the cops were watching.

deathwishjoe

• Chummer
« Reply #3 on: <11-02-11/2247:56> »
Aideens boss seemed to be under the influence of a BTL for the time being and was out of it as usual.  "Well Lassy He didnt give me any of the particulars.  You know how it works.  Ask him when you meet up with him at the Bar.  An if it is going to be a hot boost like the last job make sure he pays you hazard pay this time.  Besides no one ever said running the shadows was a safe profession Lassy.  Now if'n your interested I could represent you at the barganing table like old times for me usual fee of 15% but I hear pray tell your not the only only runner on the job this time so you may not need my services"

OOC: Waiting for Rachel's character sheet to be emailed to me.

Kenshinjade

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <11-02-11/2257:37> »
Aideen chuckled and nodded. I think you would love trying to fleece me, Murray.  She said as she looked at her boss in disgust.  I just need a few more runs, before I get get out of this hell hole.  Let that junky kill himself...  She thought with a scowl on her face, her ears laying flat against her head. I'll let you know if I need your services, Murray.  I'll stop by after and we can have a few for old times?

OOC: I was thinking of Murray and her serving in the military together?

deathwishjoe

• Chummer
« Reply #5 on: <11-02-11/2315:36> »
OOC: WTF why not.  works for me.

"Sure thing Lassy you've got my number."

Adelaide Willard was working at an Ork Underground Soup Kitchen/Shelter when she got a call on her commlink from an unknown number.  The message was a prerecorded message with a file attachment.  The picture for the sender hadn't been set up and Your commlink created a non descript androgenus human face for the caller.  "Word on the street is that your looking for some work.  Meet me at the Rusty Nail in the Redmond district at 8:00 PM tonight sharp and I'll make it worth your while. I've included the address to this message"   

Adelaide Willard

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <11-02-11/2339:37> »
Adelaide blinked away the thousand yard stare the call had given her. She gave the ork before her a stunning smile as she passed him the bowl of soup he'd been waiting, a bit impatiently, for. Dazzled, he walked away with the soup in hand. She looked to her pet cheetah laying against the wall behind her. "We may have work to do, Ash."

Ashitara looked directly into Adelaide's blue-gold eyes with her own dazzlingly green ones. She bobbed her head in acknowledgement.

Adelaide finished her shift in the kitchen and headed home for a quick shower before the meet.
« Last Edit: <11-04-11/2051:45> by RoseWinde »
The difference between genius and stupidity is Genius has its limits.

deathwishjoe

• Chummer
« Reply #7 on: <11-02-11/2350:55> »
OOC: I assume Aideen takes her van to the meet and Adelaide takes a cab to the meet.  I also need to know what if anything you guys are bringing to the meet.  Its a rough neighborhood but there is a police influence and Probably bouncers in the bar to deal with so nothing too terribly obvious. 

As you approach the bar there is a bright AR sign of a rusty Nail being used to mix a drink by an out of style (by a few decades) woman.  While making your way to the entrance you see two troll bouncers toss out one of the local orks who had a few too many in him and probably started something he shouldn't have. 

Kenshinjade

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <11-03-11/0728:02> »
Aideen looked at the bar through the windshield of her van, eyeing the trolls.  She sighed and reached into the hidden compartment and pulled out her hand cannon, sliding it into the hidden holster at her back.  Somehow the gun should have been impossible to hide, but she managed it.  She walked past the bouncers, eyeing the orc and swishing her tail irritably.  She stepped through the door, looking for the person she was supposed to meet.  She ordered a beer while she looked.

Adelaide Willard

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: <11-03-11/0836:21> »
Running late, by her standards anyhow, Adelaide took a cab rather than taking the time she'd need for the bus. She was only fifteen minutes early when she arrived. She paid the cab driver and allowed Ashitara to lead her from the vehicle, beginning her pet's oft assumed role of guide animal. She approached the door, ignoring the AR sign. Just as she was getting close there was a ruckus inside. The trolls ducked into the bar and Adelaide took this opportunity to sneak past them while they had their hands full with a wily ork.

She took her seat at the bar and ordered a whiskey sour. The bartender gave her a quizzical look, but must have had the antiquated drink be requested before, and so turned to fill the order. She nodded and smiled as the bartender handed her the drink. Her eyes widened and her brows raised slightly when she tasted the drink. It was made very well. Perhaps the bartender's experience had come from a regular with a preference for the drink. She looked around the bar idly, wondering who she was here to meet.

Shortly after she was given her drink a fox came to sit next to her and order a beer. The fox seemed to take no notice of her. She took the liberty of giving the fox a once-over while they were taking a look around the bar, beer in hand. "Hey there," Adelaide cast her an inviting, crooked smile. "Looking for someone?"

Kenshinjade

• Newb
« Reply #10 on: <11-03-11/1229:34> »
Aideen took a sip of the beer and grimaced.  this stuff ain't fit to strip paint. She though and twitched her ear at the woman trying to chat her up. perhaps I am, what's it to you?  She asked, tail twitching.

deathwishjoe

• Chummer
« Reply #11 on: <11-03-11/1719:01> »
before Aideen makes it into the bar.

OOC: Troll Bouncers perception check  3 perception + 3 intuition + 0 for size of Ares predator + 3 for actively looking for it.  for a total of 9 dice

perception check to notice the gun (9d6.hits(5)=2)

OOC: As the Troll got 2 successes and the opposed test is agility + palming your defaulting on the skill with only one dice.  Unless you wish to use edge you auto fail.  I can retcon the adventure of you want but rightnow I'm assuming that your not using the edge. 

The Troll Bouncer looks at Aideen and sees the Ares Predator tucked behind her back. "Hey you! You cant bringz that in 'ere!  Go leave that in your car."

As the troll says this a Kinght Errant Patrol car slowly drives past the bar. 

OOC: Fortunatly for you the Ares Predator is only restricted and not forbidden.  Otherwise the cops would have to get out and arrest you while confiscating the forbidden item.  In this neighborhood they just assume it's not worth there time to see if everyone with a fire arm has a liscence or not. 

Once inside the bar after a few seconds of conversation with the other SURGE woman in the bar (what are the odds?) a waitress comes by and asks for your drink order. 

OOC: Afer the two of you are done talking back and forth you both know from Trideo (3d TV more or less) and a few past jobs thta It's generally customary to ask for a table or reservation under the name of Mr. Johnson when meeting an employer for the first time since neither of you know what the person looks like.   

Adelaide Willard

• Newb
« Reply #12 on: <11-03-11/1937:52> »
Adelaide chuckled. Leaning down to Ashitara she nodded her head to indicate she was referring to the fox beside her as she said "She's a feisty one, hm?" As though they had practiced the movement, the two looked over at the fox and tilted their heads at identical angles as they considered her. Adelaide sat upright again, her corset helped to keep her back straight as she did so.

Charisma/Social Interaction Check (Adelaide) = 13d6.hits(5) → [1,5,1,4,2,2,5,1,3,6,4,5,6] = (5) 13d6.hits(5)=5

Charisma/Social Interaction Check (Ashitara) = 5d6.hits(5) → [4,1,5,3,1] = (1) 5d6.hits(5)=1

Adelaide listened with a smile as the barmaid asked what the fox would like to drink, seeming to take no notice of the beer she already held. Before the fox could answer the panthress cut in. "Excuse me? I need to meet a Mr. Johnson. There should be a table reserved for him. Could you take me to it?"

OOC: I rolled a charisma check because Adelaide is trying to charm Aideen with a little help from Ashitara. I hope that is correct and that I rolled correctly. Also, do I need to roll something like that to get a response from the barmaid? I would think the question routine for her, so I wouldn't think I'd need to roll, but as GM it is ultimately your call...

Kenshinjade

• Newb
« Reply #13 on: <11-03-11/1940:07> »
Aideen grumbles a bit at having to leave her gun with the bouncer.  Damned troll, probably doesn't even know how to use it.  If he so much as scratches it, I'm going to make him wish for death.  She thought as her tail swishes angrily.  When the waitress comes by she orders her beer and looks at the surge woman.  Eyeing her and trying to get a sense about her.  She then asks the waitress for a reservation under the name of Mr. Johnson, then shoots a glare back at the bouncer. 

deathwishjoe

• Chummer
« Reply #14 on: <11-03-11/2041:09> »
OOC: So the Influence skill group is made up of 4 skills.
Negotiation - used when trying to negotiate pay or when bargaining for the price of something.  You'll know when to make the roll.
Con - used to convince others when your lying,  You can just lie and make the roll.
Ettiquette - used when you are trying to fit in to certain social situations.  I'll generally let you know when a roll is called for. 
Leadership When your trying to use your charismatic nature to inspire others. Let me know when you want to use it and we can go over it then.   

The waitress looks startled by your questions.  "You know this isn't the sort of place were we do reservations, but now that you mention it I do remember this suit harrassing Frank over there" She gestures to the Ork Bartender "earlier trying to set one up.  I think thats him over in the corner booth."  She gestures to the corner booth in the back of the bar.  There's a nervious sweating wageslave sitting there in the shadows and it looks like he's waiting for someone.