NEWS

UDI 2073 Catalog

• 79 Replies

TheBigD

• Newb
« Reply #75 on: <10-13-10/2332:24> »
So, the reason for the post initially is that I am using it as a teaser for a catalog that I want to put together to throw out on a SR website that I am working on.

Do people prefer such content as html or PDF?

PDF, yes please!

And if it's in color, awesome, if not, still awesome. :)

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #76 on: <10-14-10/1055:19> »
In fact, I didn see why this kind of weapon may not be made with standard Arsenal mods. There is nothing said about that large modification for burst fire/full auto mode cannot be done to standard assault cannon. In fact, there is more to it: combo with rapid fire gives you 5 rnds bursts. well, Recoil is the bad thing, but with gyro stabilization + some other mods, average orc may be able to fire one burst per complex action

In fact. We had used this rules when players get the real top-hit once and had been granted anything the are able to pay for (meant: weapons)

One of them want a simple weapon: Ares Predator IV. With all modifications he wanted, the price goes to 256000Y (350Y original :) well, he hadnt been able to pay for it  ;D

John Schmidt

• Omae
« Reply #77 on: <10-16-10/0656:35> »
My inclination is two PDF versions, one color and one B&W.

I will stipulate that the B&W version will actually be formated for print...white background with the illos being far lighter than would be pleasing to the eye for screen viewing, otherwise they print too dark. The color pics are going to be lit for screen viewing which means that they are going to be too dark for printing. That saves me time in photoshop editing and color ink for printing to see if I am in the ball park for each illo.

HTML content for the catalog will be reserved for a couple of entries that I really like as teasers with a table of contents.

Currently...I am swamped though so I haven't even looked at it in the last four weeks. This vexes me...as I would really like to get my SR website up and running.
It's not the one with your name on it; it's the one addressed "to whom it may concern" you've got to think about.

freddieflatline

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #78 on: <10-17-10/2043:20> »
I do not want to be the schlub carrying around a drum of 90 rounds of 20-25mm ammo... damn that'd be heavy!

And BF... yeah, vehicle mounted maybe!
That's what the Big Troll is for. (Drek, he's probably the only one that can fire the damn thing without dislocating a shoulder anyway...)

That would have to be one huge frakking Troll.......

John Schmidt

• Omae
« Reply #79 on: <11-12-10/0558:33> »
One of my favorite articles out of TSS was Patrick Goodman's "How much diid you say he weighed?". That can be found in issue #9, which also contains the ever so awesome 'Random Atmosphere Generator' by Steven A. Tinner.

As for the weight of the 90 round drum of 20mm ammo, it would weigh about 22.5 lbs. (1/4 lbs. per round) say another 5 pounds for the drum itself? So...28 lbs. rounding up. One of the things about future warfare, I think we are going to see squads being issued some sort of mule drones to reduce the combat loads that soldiers are required to hump around with. Combat packs are insanely heavy add to that body armor and it is a wonder that you don't have soldier's simply dropping dead from heat exhaustion...let alone being able to fight!

As I stated previously, I have seen a 20mm ASP cannon mounted on a Land Rover (and it was firing in full auto but stationary) so vehicle mounted and burst fire is completely within the realm of possibility 60+ years into the future (IMHO).  ;D

It's not the one with your name on it; it's the one addressed "to whom it may concern" you've got to think about.