NEWS

UDI 2073 Catalog

• 79 Replies

Casazil

• Omae
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #30 on: <09-07-10/0515:29> »
I can see your point...what would you suggest as appropriate for the availability?

21 works it puts beyond what one can get a starting creation.
"If at first you don't succeed blame someone else"
Joel "Casazil" Rogers
Catalyst Demo Team Shadowrun Special Agent #251
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/CasazilsShadowrun/

Casazil

• Omae
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #31 on: <09-07-10/0517:16> »
So, the reason for the post initially is that I am using it as a teaser for a catalog that I want to put together to throw out on a SR website that I am working on.

Do people prefer such content as html or PDF?

Either works for me
Joel "Casazil" Rogers

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #32 on: <09-07-10/0847:20> »
Well, graphics certainly add to the Mb of the file. But I've yet to see a truly 'unwieldy' PDF. Even the Pathfinder RPG Core rulebook, at over 550 pages and lots of graphics, which comes in at almost 80 Mb is still usable enough for me that I'll have it up on the laptop while running/playing. It does slow down a little when transitioning pages, but not enough to call it a problem.

John Schmidt

• Omae
« Reply #33 on: <09-07-10/1558:22> »
I personally haven't had problems with large PDFs, the Pathfinder rulebook is a great example of a big one. Just thought that I should put it out there after reading some complaints.
It's not the one with your name on it; it's the one addressed "to whom it may concern" you've got to think about.

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #34 on: <09-07-10/1603:33> »
I like PDFs, but nothing beats books at the table. You can't replace the look on the players faces when you open a book, look for something, find it, put on a big SMILE and put the book down again. Try doing that with a PDF  ;D
SR4A Limited Edition [german] - 0478/1100

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #35 on: <09-07-10/1604:57> »
I like PDFs, but nothing beats books at the table. You can't replace the look on the players faces when you open a book, look for something, find it, put on a big SMILE and put the book down again. Try doing that with a PDF  ;D
Ah, but see with my laptop full of PDFs, when I grin they have no idea if I was looking up a rule, a new spell or that vicious critter... :D

John Schmidt

• Omae
« Reply #36 on: <09-07-10/1607:23> »
I love printed books too.

However, nothing beats carrying around your entire SR library on a laptop at a convention!  ;D

Doing a search through your entire SR PDF files is also insanely faster!

It's not the one with your name on it; it's the one addressed "to whom it may concern" you've got to think about.

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #37 on: <09-07-10/1608:01> »
Interesting approach, FastJack. I might try that, I got the laptop on the table for character sheet references, cheat sheets and music anyway.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #38 on: <09-07-10/1610:18> »
Hee-hee... Did I mention Hero Labs has a great functionality that you can put the entire group into a single portfolio, add in some critters/NPCs and track initiative and stuff all at once?

And that they're working on releasing the Shadowrun toolkit?

John Schmidt

• Omae
« Reply #39 on: <09-07-10/1614:23> »
Since the UDI catalog is going to be a fan produced product I can afford to do it as a PDF!

It does beg the question though, color graphis w/ intricate borders or spartan b&w?

Hero Labs is a great product and I can't wait for the SR module to be made available!

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #40 on: <09-07-10/1616:35> »
I always liked b&w illustrations more than colored stuff. Just my 2 nuyen though...

John Schmidt

• Omae
« Reply #41 on: <09-07-10/1619:32> »
Would you be printing it out Doc so you are thinking about your color ink cartridge being sucked dry?

B&W isn't hard to do, simply take the images into photoshop and convert them.  ;D

Casazil

• Omae
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #42 on: <09-07-10/2006:53> »
Ah, but see with my laptop full of PDFs, when I grin they have no idea if I was looking up a rule, a new spell or that vicious critter... :D

Yeah you can have more mystery with a laptop and all the PDFs on it
Joel "Casazil" Rogers

Casazil

• Omae
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #43 on: <09-07-10/2008:28> »
I love printed books too.

However, nothing beats carrying around your entire SR library on a laptop at a convention!  ;D

Doing a search through your entire SR PDF files is also insanely faster!

I need to get a laptop one of these days make going to Megacon easier that rolling duffel bag i use is nice holds everything sure but man lugging it around .....
Joel "Casazil" Rogers

Casazil

• Omae
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #44 on: <09-07-10/2009:18> »
Since the UDI catalog is going to be a fan produced product I can afford to do it as a PDF!

It does beg the question though, color graphis w/ intricate borders or spartan b&w?

Hero Labs is a great product and I can't wait for the SR module to be made available!

COLOR!!! I love Color
Joel "Casazil" Rogers