NEWS

UDI 2073 Catalog

• 79 Replies

Caine Hazen

• Global Moderator
  • Omae
  • Dumpshocker Emeritus
« Reply #15 on: <09-04-10/1539:32> »
No, they seem about on for an Autocannon's damage potential.  I like how you kept it down to burstfire vs a full auto, works better on a crew service weapon like this.

hmmm... I really need to get all my installs done here... I forget what version of carrara I have.  Been playing with hexagon as well. 
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have on your hands is a non-working cat~DNA
SRGC 0.3: SR1 SR2 SR3 SR4++ h b+++ B--- D++ UB++ IE+ RN-- fnord DSF++++ W++++ hk+ ri++ m gm++ M--(+) P FP+

John Schmidt

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <09-04-10/1558:07> »
The new lighting options in Carrara 8 are very potent. Skylight and indirect lighting can give you some great soft shadows without having to resort to postwork. I think what makes Carrara a standout is that your work flow is vastly streamlinged. Maya gets a lot of attention for its eco system but Carrara can go toe to toe with it using Replicate.

The hair system in Carrara absolutely rocks! I don't think I will ever go back to polygon hair.

I will say that if you get too enthusiastic in the render settings that even a good system (i7 980 6-core, 12GB 1333Mhz ram, ATI FirePro v8800 2GB video card) will bog down! Right now I am researching setting a 20-40 node render farm to let me really go nuts!!!  ;D

IMO...an assault cannon with burst fire and a 90-rnd drum is PLENTY of firepower. When I was thinking about this cannon the 30mm ASP cannon was firmly in mind. The lightest vehicle that I have seen one mounted on was a Landrover...which looked absolutely sick!
It's not the one with your name on it; it's the one addressed "to whom it may concern" you've got to think about.

Caine Hazen

• Global Moderator
  • Omae
  • Dumpshocker Emeritus
« Reply #17 on: <09-04-10/1600:34> »
hehe, let me know... I've contimplated building a render farm for myself ;)  I have the rack all built up and stuff!

Carrara 7 was the last I got... might have to upgrade!
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have on your hands is a non-working cat~DNA
SRGC 0.3: SR1 SR2 SR3 SR4++ h b+++ B--- D++ UB++ IE+ RN-- fnord DSF++++ W++++ hk+ ri++ m gm++ M--(+) P FP+

John Schmidt

• Omae
« Reply #18 on: <09-06-10/1810:50> »
I watch computer sales on Ebay...every so often you will see a batch of computers go up for sale from a government agency or business.  It would be nice to get a 50 or 60 of the same model, spare parts.  ;D

Wow...I realized just how badly I have derailed my own thread. LOL
It's not the one with your name on it; it's the one addressed "to whom it may concern" you've got to think about.

Casazil

• Omae
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #19 on: <09-06-10/1848:00> »
Looks cool stats are good maybe a higher availability though at 20 a runner with restricted gear can have this at character creation.

Something like this should only be had in game with work.
"If at first you don't succeed blame someone else"
Joel "Casazil" Rogers
Catalyst Demo Team Shadowrun Special Agent #251
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/CasazilsShadowrun/

John Schmidt

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <09-06-10/2102:58> »
I can see your point...what would you suggest as appropriate for the availability?

Mooncrow

• Chummer
« Reply #21 on: <09-06-10/2111:35> »
Availability is pretty hard to pin down, for vehicle weapons, it can range from 15-30, even for guns with similar stats.  For this, no higher than 22F, I would think. 

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #22 on: <09-06-10/2119:07> »
That sounds about right since the Panther's a 20F.

John Schmidt

• Omae
« Reply #23 on: <09-06-10/2141:00> »
Done!  ;D

John Schmidt

• Omae
« Reply #24 on: <09-06-10/2216:44> »
So, the reason for the post initially is that I am using it as a teaser for a catalog that I want to put together to throw out on a SR website that I am working on.

Do people prefer such content as html or PDF?

Caine Hazen

• Global Moderator
  • Omae
  • Dumpshocker Emeritus
« Reply #25 on: <09-06-10/2217:47> »
yes!

Oh wait, that was multiple choice

John Schmidt

• Omae
« Reply #26 on: <09-06-10/2223:46> »
You would like it in both formats?

HTLM to see if it is worth downloading and then PDF for actual use?

Caine Hazen

• Global Moderator
  • Omae
  • Dumpshocker Emeritus
« Reply #27 on: <09-06-10/2228:04> »
Well HTML might be given for a nice interactive cataloge, and the PDF so that my lame assed players who won't go look at that shit themselves would be printed out for them :D

Then again, 1 or the other is just fine!

John Schmidt

• Omae
« Reply #28 on: <09-06-10/2231:22> »
Putting up the HTML and the PDF shouldn't be a big hassle. LOL

John Schmidt

• Omae
« Reply #29 on: <09-07-10/0035:44> »
The great thing about PDF's is that you aren't constrained by print publishing page counts. However, I have heard from a couple of people that at a certain point the size of the PDF becomes unwieldy. Anythoughts on that? Mainly talking about size in terms of Mb not page count.  ;D