NEWS

Texas -based Shadowrun setting?

• 46 Replies

frogboy7

• Newb
« on: <08-31-11/0803:23> »
Hey to the powers that be, I was wondering if there were any plans being kicked around for a Texas/southwest setting book for Shadowrun?  I was just thinking it could be like the Sixth World meets Mad Max and the Wild West.  Anyways just a thought  ;)

Phylos Fett

• Omae
  • Kind-of A Freelancer...
« Reply #1 on: <08-31-11/0821:05> »
Hey to the powers that be, I was wondering if there were any plans being kicked around for a Texas/southwest setting book for Shadowrun?  I was just thinking it could be like the Sixth World meets Mad Max and the Wild West.  Anyways just a thought  ;)

If you wanted Sixth World meets Mad Max you could set it in Australia :P

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #2 on: <08-31-11/1145:47> »
It's like Texas today, only with Drones and a legitimate fear of Illegals from Aztlan (Mexico) because they'll be armed and have a logistics support train behind them.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

bigity

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <09-23-11/0937:34> »
And lots of awakened critters.

Plenty of illegals from Aztlan (Mexico) already come across armed with logistic trains, but we'll leave that one alone.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <11-12-11/1154:53> »
This wouldn't be such a bad idea. Being in Texas myself, it'd be nice to have a source book with some official setting info to run a game in the "local" area.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #5 on: <11-12-11/1203:57> »
It's on my list of things to do, but it is, sadly, rather further down the list than I'd like. More immediate irons in the fire, though if someone proposes such a thing I'd be happy to look it over and offer my thoughts.
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #6 on: <11-12-11/1545:56> »
It's on my list of things to do, but it is, sadly, rather further down the list than I'd like. More immediate irons in the fire, though if someone proposes such a thing I'd be happy to look it over and offer my thoughts.
It's definitely something we should tackle one of these days.  Show all the Seattle-ites they aren't the Alpha and Omega.  Texas is.  Duh.  ;)

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <11-12-11/2026:42> »
Well of course we are. Only Alaska is bigger than us, but be outnumber them in people, so :P
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

kirk

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <11-12-11/2032:41> »
Well of course we are. Only Alaska is bigger than us, but be outnumber them in people, so :P
Poor Texas. No matter how hard they try, they're always number two. (Alaska for area, California for population, California for GDP...)

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #9 on: <11-12-11/2129:53> »
I would happily hammer away on a CAS suppliment. Texas, Atlanta, Tennessee, New Orleans, then feather out the rest. I have concepts for Mississippi, Arkansas, and Alabama, and, geeze, you don't even want to *know* how much butter I could churn for the Vol Sprawl.

It's been 21 years. I think it's time to meet the neighbors, y'know? :)

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #10 on: <11-14-11/1749:01> »
Meh.  CAS should just quietly fold up, and get divvied up between Aztlan and the UCAS ;)

<grin>

Bull

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #11 on: <11-14-11/1751:08> »
What, so the South Could Rise for a THIRD time?  :P
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #12 on: <11-14-11/1754:24> »
You think the Tir had trouble in northern California? Just wait to see what happens if Aztlan tries to take over the CAS.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #13 on: <11-15-11/0237:45> »
Half of the CAS gets nuked, and the other half is rendered uninhabitable due to biochem weapons.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #14 on: <11-15-11/0732:36> »
Half of the CAS gets nuked, and the other half is rendered uninhabitable due to biochem weapons.
Dammit Jethro! I tol' you not to make the chili!