NEWS

Astral perception with watchers and spirits

• 15 Replies

Qemuel

• Chummer
« Reply #15 on: <09-22-10/2102:51> »
I understand what you are getting at in a PbP situation.  Line-by-line like that would be a LOT of back and forth between GM and Player.  However, since you should be getting a feel for your players, their abilities, and personalities, you can take liberties with what you think they are looking for regarding information and condense it into one post (essentially just like I wrote above in the example).  You practically HAVE to do this to make it manageable and keep the story moving.  You can still flavor the encounter as you see fit based on the player character's personality without making watcher spirits go beyond their limited capacity.  Having them be your eyes and ears is a great way of using them, but what they see and hear should still be filtered through their 'personality' and rating 1 abilities/skills.  If the mage wants better results, he will have to go in astrally him/herself.  If he can't do that, there is always the clair-type spells, but they have their own limitations.

As an example, your player may simply send in a watcher to scope out the room as their "action".  Since you know what the player is likely to find important, you can put the entire dialog in one post like I did above without waiting for each individual question to pop up.  If you've missed something, I'm sure the player would let you know.  Watcher spirit personalities are a great way to throw in some flavor and crazy antics!  Have fun with it and your players will have fun.

btw, I'm enjoying reading your PbP game!
« Last Edit: <09-23-10/0143:55> by Qemuel »