NEWS

Novels

• 21 Replies

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« on: <03-01-11/0303:34> »
The conversation about Mr. Stackpole doing another "Wolf and Raven" if possible brings up the question...

Will there be new novels, and are they on the drawing board at all, or just planned, or not even a concept at the moment?
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

aimlessfreak

• Chummer
« Reply #1 on: <03-01-11/0304:58> »
I haven't read Wolf and Raven, but is Mr. Stackpole, Michal J. Stackpole?
But I didn't know he was a DRAGON!

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #2 on: <03-01-11/0306:18> »
Yes.  And he wrote "Wolf and Raven"  (Well, the first part) before Shadowrun was even finished.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

aimlessfreak

• Chummer
« Reply #3 on: <03-01-11/0308:05> »
Damn I need to find a copy then.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #4 on: <03-01-11/0311:11> »
Hard to find.  I lucked out after I (stupidly) sold my books when I moved provinces.  I had nearly the whole set of Shadowrun Novels.

But oh so worth it.  He writes very well from the point of view of someone in the 2050s, and rivals Mr. Pratchett on footnotes.   :P

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #5 on: <03-01-11/0317:57> »
Hard to find. 
Amazon's got used copies starting at $0.01.   ;D

http://www.amazon.com/Shadowrun-32-Raven-Michael-Stackpole/dp/0451459954/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1298967403&sr=8-1

It IS hard to find if you just check local book stores and that sort of thing, though, I'll give you that.  But my gut reaction to so many of life's problems is to just go check Amazon, I just can't help myself sometimes. 
« Last Edit: <03-01-11/0322:00> by Critias »

aimlessfreak

• Chummer
« Reply #6 on: <03-01-11/0319:51> »
Lol

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #7 on: <03-01-11/0322:11> »
Yeah, the joy of being in the USA.  The problems with ordering stuff on the Internet in Canada is...

Well...  Let's just say arguing with people about "Canada not being overseas" comes to mind.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #8 on: <03-01-11/0323:08> »
Yeah, the joy of being in the USA.  The problems with ordering stuff on the Internet in Canada is...

Well...  Let's just say arguing with people about "Canada not being overseas" comes to mind.
I'll certainly give ya that one.  I worked for DHL long enough to know all about the pleasures of dealing with international customs, America/Canada in particular.

aimlessfreak

• Chummer
« Reply #9 on: <03-01-11/0323:26> »

You have to be joking, I mean really "overseas?"

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #10 on: <03-01-11/0337:00> »

Nope.  Got the company on the phone, and had them pull up a map of North America and asked them what was wrong with that statement...

They still insisted that Canada is "Overseas" from the USA.

There's also other issues of ordering from the USA, but that involves Customs, which is a whole new league of stupid.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

aimlessfreak

• Chummer
« Reply #11 on: <03-01-11/0339:31> »

Nope.  Got the company on the phone, and had them pull up a map of North America and asked them what was wrong with that statement...

They still insisted that Canada is "Overseas" from the USA.

There's also other issues of ordering from the USA, but that involves Customs, which is a whole new league of stupid.

And yet your still our friendly brothers to the north lol

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #12 on: <03-01-11/0340:41> »
Yes, and, thankfully, you now have a President that doesn't have to be reminded that we exist.

Now, let's find out about those novels!

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #13 on: <03-01-11/0804:01> »
I love my (autographed) copy of Wolf and Raven. And, speaking with Mr. Stackpole at GenCon '09 when I got it signed, I believe he is VERY much looking to go back to the Sixth World. Hopefully JMH & Catalyst can make that happen.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #14 on: <03-01-11/1521:47> »
It'd be awesome to get another SR anthology together, but one written by folks a little more...in-tune with the SR universe, instead of trying to go for recognized authors (who are new to the setting).  Something by Mr. Stackpole would make a tremendous "capstone" novella for a book like that, IMHO.