NEWS

Question on RCC's. autosofts and programs.

• 10 Replies

Rabidredneck

• Newb
« on: <10-27-17/1649:30> »
I've already had a look at http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=22807.210 and have a couple questions.

So the general consensus I've seen is Drones can run a number of autosofts and at a rating equal to their Pilot rating, so a Pilot 3 can run up to 3 rating 3 autosofts. There was also some talk that RAI says RCC's are similary limited by the device rating of the RCC. So a Proteus Poseidon with a device rating of 5 could run up to 5 rating 5 autosofts.

So what about standard programs such as Biofeedback Filter, Signal Scrub or Encryption? Although they don't have ratings, do I assume that they count against an RCC's total programs they can run?

&#24525;

« Reply #1 on: <10-27-17/2149:15> »
Common and Hacking programs take a slot, yes. Also RCC are not limited by their Device Rating in regards to the rating of Autosofts.

Rabidredneck

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <10-28-17/0036:50> »
Thank you for the response. So, a potential loadout for the Poseidon could be

Smartsoft (3)
Clear Sight (6)
Electronic Warfare (6)
Signal Scrub
Encryption

ShadowcatX

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <10-28-17/0845:13> »
Remember autosofts are per drone type.

Rabidredneck

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <10-28-17/1112:27> »
I know that some are, such as the maneuvering/evasion/stealth autosofts were per drone model, and the targeting autosoft is per weapon loaded on the drone. I've never seen in any of the rules i've read that every autosoft has to be drone specific otherwise why have autosofts on a RCC to be shared among all drones on it's network?

ShadowcatX

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <10-28-17/1135:16> »
Not individual drone specific but type specific. If you run a variety of drone types you need multiple autosofts.

Rabidredneck

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <10-28-17/1220:43> »
Ah, your referring to flying drones vs ground drones? Doesn't that still add an unnecessary level of complexity to things? I mean even if a rigger confines himself to a small mix of rotor drones and wheeled drones, a midline RCC like the Poseidan will quickly run out of space to run support autosofts like clear sight and electronic warfare if he has to have two of each for his drones.

(also having to do four separate verifications just to post something on these boards is getting old very fast...)

ShadowcatX

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <10-28-17/1350:24> »
Ah, your referring to flying drones vs ground drones? Doesn't that still add an unnecessary level of complexity to things? I mean even if a rigger confines himself to a small mix of rotor drones and wheeled drones, a midline RCC like the Poseidan will quickly run out of space to run support autosofts like clear sight and electronic warfare if he has to have two of each for his drones.

(also having to do four separate verifications just to post something on these boards is getting old very fast...)

No. Two different type roto drones will have to have totally different programs.

Like if you want to use steel Lynxs and Aztechnology crawlers both types have to have their own autosofts. And yes room runs out super fast. Yes that is intended.

&#24525;

« Reply #8 on: <10-28-17/1954:06> »
The authentication should only last for 10 posts I think. I believe autos like clearsight and e-war aren’t type specific. Past that a weapon soft is both dependent on vehicle and weapon. (Iirc) Also, off-topic: a stones defense test is Pilot + Pilot.

HP15BS

• Chummer
« Reply #9 on: <10-28-17/2223:50> »
Clearsight is, afik, the only autosoft that can be used for any and all drones. Most are limited by drone model, while Targeting is limited by weapon model (and can thus effectively work for a Roto Drone and a Steel Lynx simultaneously if they both have the same gun model).

Past that a weapon soft is both dependent on vehicle and weapon. (Iirc) Also, off-topic: a stones defense test is Pilot + Pilot.

I thought that was Maneuvering?
To Deckers the Foundation really is a crazy place from Alice in Wonderland. How does that stuff just happen? How do they work when everything about them defies logic?
Then a Techno comes, high 5's Caterpillar, takes a swig of Mad Hatter's tea, & wanders away chatting up White Rabbit.
- Marcus Gideon

&#24525;

« Reply #10 on: <10-29-17/1359:17> »
Drones follow the same rules in combat as anyone else. When a device calls for an attribute you use it's device rating in it's place. A drone's pilot determines it's device rating.

I had also asked the section's writer about it.