NEWS

Berserker Temper

• 4 Replies

忍

« on: <10-19-17/2322:16> »
Quote from: FA 68
When you take Physical damage in combat—or if someone under your care is badly injured—make a Charisma + Willpower Test (wound modifiers apply). You go berserk for 3 Combat Turns minus 1 turn per hit, so 3 or more hits averts the berserk temper entirely. If your totem also has this disadvantage, then any turns they might impose stack with the results of your test those additional turns (for example, if a Berserker chooses Bear, then they can possibly go berserk for as long as 6 turns). Berserk power bonus does not apply while raging with Berserker Temper. When Berserk, you go after characters without regard for your own safety.

Norse Adepts get a free adept power. It makes you go berserk much like some mentor spirits. And what else? Is that it? Here's your free berserk. No upside?

legionof1

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <10-20-17/0042:28> »
Yeah, that ones a head scratcher. We can only presume they ment some kind of tangible trade-off given, since they purposely exclude an interaction. It has been posted to the appropriate errata request thread in any case.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #2 on: <10-20-17/1459:43> »
Quote from: FA 68
When Berserk, you go after characters without regard for your own safety.

This could be a potential character killer if you really think about it.

You have a melee Adept, and you are in a firefight at opposite ends of a hall with Corp Security. Your buddy gets tagged, and you wig out:

So you now are charging down that hallway to hit the guy that shot your buddy.... and all the guards get to shoot.... YOU!

No using Cover, no full defense, no saying "well I stick to the wall to avoid most incoming fire", you are just running down the hall, obvious to the incoming fire!
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Spooky

• Omae
  • If you run, you'll only die tired.
« Reply #3 on: <10-20-17/1504:53> »
Yeah, but think of the brown pants factor for the sec guards: Holy *insert exclamation here*, he's charging us! Aaaiiieeee
Spooky, what do you do this pass? Shoot him with my thunderstruck gauss rifle. (Rolls)  8 hits. Does that blow his head off?

SpellBinder

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <10-22-17/0132:40> »
And the poor decker would really drop some mud in their pants as there would be next to nothing to brick that'd stop such a berserker.