Shadowrun General > Gear

Which would you call the better weapon?

(1/3) > >>

Tassyr:
I'm still (Yeah, my getting in on this is dragging for some reason) working on the same sammie I've been poking for a few weeks, off and on. I've been tweaking his gear for the past few especially, and found something that I want an opinion on.

On the one hand, you have the Salvatte Guardian. Comes with an internal smartgun. Modded intensely I got it to these stats:
Damage: 8P
RC 7
AP -1
Mode: SA/BF
Ammo 12(c)
Avail 6R
Cost 1,585¥
Conceal +-0

On the other hand, I saw the Remington Suppressor. Equally heavily modded, I got it to -these- stats.
Damage: 7P
RC 6
AP -1
Mode: SA/BF
Ammo 15(c)
Avail 6R
Cost 1,600¥
Conceal +-0

The big thing that's even making me consider the drop in RC and damage is my char is spec'd heavily into automatics to get his AR skill where I want it at opening- meaning this pistol would be much more efficient as a backup. Counting Cyberware and Specializations, he's got a 16 dice pool with the Suppressor, and a 14 dice pool with the Guardian. Common sense to me would seem to dictate that I just go for the machine pistol and stick with it. Is that right?

(A large part of why I grabbed pistols at all rather than just snagging machine pistols was the fact that you can load a cylinder-style heavy pistol with utility rounds- gel, tracker, narcoject/DSMO, stick-n-shock, etc- and flip it around at will to keep from having to reload every time you want to fire a different type of round, so he's -also- packing a revolver for that purpose.)

Jack_Spade:
The Guardian is an outstanding gun and I'd always recommend it. The limited magazine capacity can be doubled with extended magazines, eliminating the only weak point the gun has.

You seem to have taken both Pistols and Automatics as skills, so it's kind of a draw, since the Suppressor is a very good gun too.
Still, always err on the side of supreme firepower. The difference between an opponent that is down and one that only has a -3 to all his actions is often only one point of damage.
So if you don't need the silenced quality I'd take the Guardian and have a Defiance Taser as a back-up when you need to take someone out silently.

Tassyr:

--- Quote from: Jack_Spade on ---The Guardian is an outstanding gun and I'd always recommend it. The limited magazine capacity can be doubled with extended magazines, eliminating the only weak point the gun has.

You seem to have taken both Pistols and Automatics as skills, so it's kind of a draw, since the Suppressor is a very good gun too.
Still, always err on the side of supreme firepower. The difference between an opponent that is down and one that only has a -3 to all his actions is often only one point of damage.
So if you don't need the silenced quality I'd take the Guardian and have a Defiance Taser as a back-up when you need to take someone out silently.

--- End quote ---

Aright, that's the kind of thought process I needed to see. I've -always- got a Defiance taser on my chars, no matter what, so it works. Thanks!

Jack_Spade:
Happy to help  :D

The Bald Man:
I don't have the books in front of me, nor do I know what mods you applied - What is the Accuracy of each?
Is there something else you want to spend those Pistol skill points on?  I think you will find you can get by with just automatics. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version