Shadowrun General > Gear

[5e] Is this a good idea or a dumb one? (Utility Pistol)

(1/3) > >>

Tassyr:
I've been making a Sam (In 5e) with a focus on assault weapons and pistols. Naturally that means he's got an Ares Predator slung on one hip for his pistol and an assault rifle I've built from the ground up for his main. But I've been toying with an odd idea.

There's a LOT of crazy ammo. Injection rounds and Capsule rounds, stuffed with all kinds of fun toys. Stick-n-Shock. Tracker rounds (Security and Stealth.) Flare rounds. Would it be a good idea or a dumb one to find a decently accurate, small-clip pistol that can be loaded with all kinds of 'toy' rounds? Say, a few small clips of all these specialty items so yanking it off his gear, snapping the clip in and firing a tracker, or a stick-n-shock, or chemical round as needed with a sort of 'adapt-on-the-fly' toy?

Or is that dumb?

The Wyrm Ouroboros:
Not at all.  I'd use a Light, in part since chem rounds automatically have LP range at max (i.e. they get knocked down to it if they have more).  It could also be useful to have a revolver pre-loaded with one shot each of your preferred rounds; spin to the correct chamber, and take the shot.

Tassyr:

--- Quote from: The Wyrm Ouroboros on ---It could also be useful to have a revolver pre-loaded with one shot each of your preferred rounds; spin to the correct chamber, and take the shot.

--- End quote ---

Now that's damn clever. A shame I spec'd into Semi-Autos, but considering I'm swinging a solid 12 on pistols, it should be handy. Would you still recommend a light pistol in a revolver?

Jack_Spade:
For capsule rounds the hold out pistol is viable, for almost everything else don't go below light pistol as the DV drop off is just too painful.

The Predator - by the way - is inferior to the Savalette Guardian and it's burst fire mode.
Specing into Heavy Pistols is usually more beneficial than specing into semi-autos.
Ammo Select on a Ruger Super Warhawk with hand crafted Ammo for more DV is usually the way to go.

Tassyr:

--- Quote from: Jack_Spade on ---Specing into Heavy Pistols is usually more beneficial than specing into semi-autos.

--- End quote ---
Well that's an odd situation, because I tapped open Chummer5a and it says that there is no spec. into Heavy Pistols- unless it's a custom? Which I'm fine flying with. Had I thought of that option yeah- I'd've dropped on that instantly.

--- Quote from: Jack_Spade on ---Ammo Select on a Ruger Super Warhawk with hand crafted Ammo for more DV is usually the way to go.

--- End quote ---
About the Ruger- I admit I don't know jack all about the Hand Crafted ammo- what book is the rule for that one in? [edit] And where the heck is the "Ammo Select" modification? I can't find that sucker anywhere!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version