NEWS

How many lodges can a mage have?

• 6 Replies

Senko

• Ace Runner
« on: <07-29-17/0308:43> »
Ok first off I'm pretty sure the answer to this is one but I won't have access to my books for a few days and I'm wondering about it so I figured I'd ask. Can a mage have multiple lodges attuned to them (say a strong one at work, a weaker one at home for personal use and a very minor one in the company van for when they get sent out to regain control of the secret facility) or are they limited to one? I'd prefer multiples but I'm fairly sure they can only have one I just can't recall anything specific on the topic and figured I'd ask rather than wait till I'm home again to look it up.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <07-29-17/0424:17> »
On a quick search, I haven't found anything forbidding it. Especially temporary lodges you can have as many as you like
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Senko

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <07-29-17/0502:07> »
Hmm that's interesting.

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <07-29-17/0626:48> »
Yeah, it's just a matter of having the time and materials to set up each lodge. No limit on how many you could have set up at any given time. Remember, though, that it takes days to set up a lodge, and it isn't portable (stationary, by definition). They also each have your astral signature, so if someone else stumbles onto your lodge they can use it to try and track you down.

It isn't spelled out in lodges specifically, but my groups have always allowed multiple people to be "attuned" to a lodge also. In the same way that all the participants of a Ward ritual can pass through the barrier unaffected, we let multiple people help create a lodge to allow them to use it easily as well. The way we've handled this is that everyone who is going to have access must assist in creating the lodge for at least one day (helping more does not reduce the time required to set up), the leader must work for the entire time (or at least most of it, including start and finish) and it is that leader's astral signature that is primary (others tied to the lodge are possible to be noticed, but require more hits on the assensing table).

Let multiple people use the same lodge unimpeded isn't strictly by the book, but it makes perfect sense for things like magical societies, corporate magician circles, etc. We already know that you don't have to be the one that set up a lodge to use it, most of the things that require a lodge just say "lodge" and only a couple limit that to "of your tradition" (I think learning spells is the only one that mentions that limitation).

Senko

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <07-29-17/1458:52> »
This is more thinking about corporate mages not shadorunners so tracking is less of an issue as they'd be registered anyway just wondering if they could have business and personal lodges.

So it's not possible to put a lodge in a van or train carriage and move it shame.

I like the idea about shared lodges makes a corporate one much more manageable Space/staff wise though you'd be limited in the number of people who could attune to it by how many days it takes to set up its still a lot better than one lodge per person.

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <07-30-17/0806:59> »
I like the idea about shared lodges makes a corporate one much more manageable Space/staff wise though you'd be limited in the number of people who could attune to it by how many days it takes to set up its still a lot better than one lodge per person.

I would say as long as everyone that needs access can fit and work on setting it up at the same time, there shouldn't be a restriction based on the amount of time it takes to set up. That's why I included the note about how more people helping can't reduce the time necessary, the assumption was that you might have several people helping out at the same time.

So, for example, a team of 8 mages are setting up a smaller lodge at Force 4. The space they have is going to be for research so they have it organized so they can all work comfortably. They pick one person who is the lead, who must coordinate the arrangements for the lodge set-up. Everyone else helps (putting in at least a day of attunement time), and you might also stipulate that they have to be present for the final phase of set-up.

If you want to add a limitation of some sort, I would use the Force times 2 or 3, maybe ForceŚ2 participants can be attuned in addition to the "lead".

Senko

• Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <07-30-17/1533:17> »
I wonder if industrial lodges for use by multiple people would be bigger in terms of space then.