NEWS

Rules for Sharing Characters?

• 3 Replies

Totentanz

• Newb
« on: <08-17-17/1103:50> »
Howdy all,

I'm new to SR, but I've been playing TTRPG's for over twenty years at this point.

I've been lurking here getting used to the board, and I'd like to share a character for an upcoming game.  I'm building him in Chummer, but I can't find a way to export him into a format that's easy to copy/paste for your perusal.  When you post your builds do you copy it manually, or is there some other technique I'm missing?  Also, are there any conventions I should be aware of?  I didn't see a sticky on any of that.  Thanks!

ShadowcatX

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <08-17-17/1311:48> »
When I did mine I copied and pasted and then cleaned it up manually.

FST_Gemstar

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <08-17-17/1336:02> »
In Chummer,

go to print sheet. 

Change the format to a text format. 

Right click select all

Copy 

Paste

:)

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <08-18-17/1336:26> »
As FST_Gemstar says, you can copy and paste raw text version.

File > Print > "Text-Only" (from the drop-down menu in the top-right) > right-click > Select All > right-click > Copy > then paste here

If you want to be a doll and delete all the skills with rating 0, that will clean things up considerably.

Things that the print-out won't provide:
1) your Priorities, if you used the priority system
2) how you spent your starting karma
3) the grade (Alpha, Beta, standard, etc.) of your cyber/bioware

Knowing all of these will help the boards evaluate the character.

It also helps to know what role you envision the character playing. And, if relevant, what other characters are available at the table, plus what the GM likes or dislikes, or has outlawed. All these can inform recommendations about what to prioritize and what might be off-limits, either for character-specific or table-specific reasons.