NEWS

Tactical movement and Vehicles

• 3 Replies

忍

« on: <06-19-17/1330:04> »
I've been tackling a homebrew solution to give vehicles and drones a playable tactical movement rate. I've looked back to 4th to get some ideas and played around with different mechanics and configurations involving Speed and Acceleration. Nothing really hit it on the nose.

Just now I had an idea while looking at the Movement power. Presume vehicles have a base movement rate dependant on their locomotion (air, ground, walker, etc). Next multiply that by it's Acceleration and treat Speed like Agility.

I haven't checked all vehicles for this yet, but I'd like your thoughts on this.

kreblach

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <06-24-17/1349:21> »
Do you mind offering an example of how this works?

&amp;#24525;

« Reply #2 on: <06-25-17/0009:03> »
So Warpath and Sigma decide to have a race and hop on their Suzuki Mirage and Dodge Scoot respectively. They both have the same initiative for example's sake. In the first round of combat, Warpath chooses to sandbag to see if Sigma is really trying to race on a Dodge Scoot while Sigma cranks the accelerator to go as fast as possible.

Say ground vehicles move at x2/x4 walk/run rates. The Mirage would multiply those rates by its Acceleration of 3, making it x6/x12. Next we'll apply its Speed as we normally would with Agility. This gives a Mirage the walk/run speeds of 36m/72m. Which is about 25mph and 50mph respectively.

The Scoot on the other hand as an Acceleration of 1 and Speed of 3. It would have a walk/run of 6m/12m, which a person could jog or sprint along side it.

Edit: I was thinking of a x3/x5 for flying vehicles. Something different for boats. All still speculative.
« Last Edit: <06-25-17/0012:00> by 忍 »

Spooky

• Omae
  • If you run, you'll only die tired.
« Reply #3 on: <06-26-17/1716:58> »
I would go with x1/x2 for water, x2/x4 for ground, x3/x5 for rotor, and x3/x6 for jet.
Spooky, what do you do this pass? Shoot him with my thunderstruck gauss rifle. (Rolls)  8 hits. Does that blow his head off?