NEWS

Yellowstone Effect?

• 6 Replies

Moonshine Fox

• Omae
  • Proudly serving our dragon overlords
« on: <05-15-17/1121:15> »
I missed a number of events during my hiatus from the 6th world a few years back and, while I've caught up on many of them, Forbidden Arcana mentions the Yellowstone Effect several times but I can't find further reference to it. Can someone give me the lowdown on it?

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <05-15-17/1203:53> »
I think it refers to the "Yellowstone Calamity" described in Court of Shadows - to make it short a strong, but somehow contained, earthquake that open a "door" to the Court of Seelie...

(I have not yet read Forbidden Arcana, so I may be wrong)

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <05-15-17/1207:00> »
Jupp,

July 27, 2078, Yellowstone seemed on the brink of eruption, but the explosion only happened on the astral, leaving a passageway to the Seelie Court. The opening is drifting eastwards now.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Moonshine Fox

• Omae
  • Proudly serving our dragon overlords
« Reply #3 on: <05-15-17/1652:17> »
Ok thanks! I had largely ignored that book as I have no interest in the Court. Guess I'll have to look up some stuff.

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #4 on: <05-15-17/1814:54> »
I asked basically the same question on the Unearthed Arcana thread, and got this response from Wakshaani (in addition to answers similar to what you got here):

There's a lot unknown about Yellowstone. The whole thing takes a while to explain, but, "mana cloud appears, lingers for a while, vanishes, then shows up somewhere else" is the short of it.

No one knowns why it exists or how it was created, it just started happening after Yellowstone and doesn't really have a name yet.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <05-16-17/1148:50> »
Oh hey, saved me some typing, yay!

lokii

• Chummer
« Reply #6 on: <05-16-17/1241:25> »
Being treated to fae court gossip is in itself a bit of a super volcano eruption. :D