NEWS

Karma cost for Forbidden Arcana

• 4 Replies

JmOz01

• Omae
« on: <05-14-17/1701:19> »
For the new style of mages is there a karma cost anyware?

ZeldaBravo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <05-15-17/0041:16> »
You mean like Hedge Witch? I guess you pay with restrictions... but I'm often wrong.
*I have problems with clarifying my point in English, so sometimes I might sound stupid or rude.*

JmOz01

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <05-15-17/0812:43> »
I'm referring to building with the karma system instead of the priority system

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <05-17-17/0641:26> »
As far as I'm aware, the variations on Magicians are just that, Magicians. Whatever creation system you're using, you pay for that, then apply the changes for the variation.

The new Alternates/Aspected Magicians don't have karma costs for non-priority system creation from what I recall. However, you could likely start by using the cost for Aspected Magician and speak with your GM about discounts or a rebate if that doesn't seem right.

UnLimiTeD

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <05-17-17/1804:19> »
Basically, that. Wakshaani simply forgot about that as he apparently didn't use those chargen options himself - or something, I may be twisting something I heard here, so better ask personally.
And yes, it's definitely not right for Explorers and Aware, which get higher magic ratings than other options, which in Karma System falls flat. And may be kind of a problem, actually - to have those magic ratings, they'd have to be free, minimum, and then why wouldn't you pick one?
Focused Awakened ly Hedge Wizard shouldn't cost anything extra - and the optional new enchanters ...  well, could ask your GM to just give you a free point of magic with it.
Still waiting on a Vector-Thrust Liminal Body.