NEWS

5 Nastiest encounters?

• 5 Replies

Lord Cameron

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
« on: <05-02-17/1822:59> »
I'm just curious what the 5 worst/scariest/deadliest encounters you've all had?
Or GMs , what's the worst that you've thrown at your players?

Rosa

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <05-02-17/2215:13> »
Corrupted adolescent dragon
High force beetle insect spirits
Megalodon
High force blood spirits
Very strong Dzoo noo qua

The above is just a small selection from many years of SR and includes both early career and late career encounters, what made them especially scary though has more to do with the situations in which the encounters took place. Take the Megalodon for example,  it showed up as a very chaotic deadly unpredictable element during a pitched naval encounter between runners and pirates in the carribean sea, which made it especially hard to deal with.

Tarislar

• Ace Runner
  • Uzi's + Fireballs .... Why I love Shadowrun!
« Reply #2 on: <05-03-17/0025:54> »
Hmmm,  We've had some scary encounters in the last few years of playing that I'll list below, along w/ one of my first ever sessions from the early 90's.

1.  Facing the dragon Perienwyr (sp) in Mercurial seemed like it was going to end our careers early back in SR1 days........
     Till we fired multiple AVMs at him.

2.  The intro to Extraction from Missions Season 4 w/ the Drones & Sniper & lame set up w/o any prep time was pretty harsh.

3.  For that matter the bug nest later that season, #8?, was a nasty bit of business.

4.  My GM created some super cyber adepts a while back specifically designed to be nigh unkillable & then tossed them at us 1-3 at a time.
     Seriously bouncy w/ boatloads of Armor & Magic Resistance.

5.  Just last weekend we were dealing w/ 5 Fully loaded APCs in False Flag all packed w/ Spec Ops Tac Teams.
   (AE Loves a full APC, but really those things do NOT like taking damage & shrugged off a LOT of hits)

Lord Cameron

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
« Reply #3 on: <05-03-17/1537:44> »
I have a feeling that "Dragon" will be the #1 reply on many lists.  ;D

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <05-03-17/1548:01> »
Well, it was like this:

My character was riding this shitty car that wasn't his, to his left a sheer drop, to his right a police cruiser keeping up with him no matter how fast he went. Behind him followed a small European dragon and a freaking unicorn and only centimeters away in front of him a fully manned helicopter...

Anyway, my char had enough and finally got off from the kiddy-merry-go-round... ;)
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #5 on: <05-03-17/1858:06> »
I find its the situation that makes an encounter hard... not the opposition.

For example: during a data grab, the way the site worked, we HAD to go in during business hours... which meant heavy security if we went in guns blazing.... Or highly limited gear if we snuck in (posing as employees.... which means dressing and acting the part! - no weapons or major armor!).

So we snuck in.... and ran into a simple guard with security armor and a flechette shotgun.... That almost cost us our adept!
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.