NEWS

Is this line still being supported?

• 25 Replies

Black Mamba

• Newb
« on: <11-20-16/1220:49> »
I know I'm not the only person having difficulties obtaining a copy through my FLGS. I can get it online, but prefer to support local merchants. Their primary distributor is Southern Hobby and they've been out-of-stock for more than two months.

I'm working with my FLGS to run demos of Shadowrun products, but it's kind of a moot point if we can't obtain copies for the store to sell. Are we simply waiting on another production run or is the line dead?

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <11-20-16/2325:39> »
I'm pretty sure that Southern Hobby has to purchase CGL product from Alliance, the primary distributer of CG.  Alliance will, in most cases, supply their own retail clients before releasing product to another distributer. Your FLGS may find that stock is available from Alliance directly. One of the biggest problems, IMO, for the FLGS these days is the distribution model. There are about 11 distributers of gaming product just in the USA including Games Workshop which is their own distributer. Some companies will make a single distributer exclusive for their product while companies like FFG will accept direct orders and cut out the distributer all together. The FLGS needs to decide how many different orders they want to manage in a week or month and what kind of payment deals those companies will offer.

They might get Net 15 from one distributer for weekly shipments but Net 30 from another for bi-weekly, then Games Workshop requires COD while FFG wants Net 60. All this on top of managing the pre-orders and requests of customers, OP, events, and every thing else.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <11-23-16/0749:52> »
AFAIK, the game is still being supported...Character Expansion Pack 2 only hit stores in the past month or two and I believe the "Corporate Raid Expansion" is still in process. All of the products are available online, so suspect the issue is more with the distributor, as TT suggested.

Black Mamba

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <11-23-16/1130:12> »
Thanks, folks. I'll let my FLGS know they need to expand their distributors list.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <11-24-16/0847:48> »
Quick note to follow up on this...I did get confirmation from Jason that they are working on a new expansion...I'll be posting a few more details over the weekend (along with other release/update info).

Marzhin

• Omae
  • I must confess, I was born at a very early age.
« Reply #5 on: <11-30-16/1012:46> »
Quick note to follow up on this...I did get confirmation from Jason that they are working on a new expansion...I'll be posting a few more details over the weekend (along with other release/update info).

Jason actually said as much on facebook:

We’re working on both a new print run of the base game and a new expansion to follow on the heels of the High Caliber Ops expansion that came out last summer.

We are definitely at work on it–plots for a campaign have been drawn up, rules are being designed, art is being planned–the whole deal!
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

shadowcrawl

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <12-13-16/1126:37> »
Dangggg. It's about time.

I'm so happy to hear that.

I don't get the delay though. The game got great reviews. Sold out. And when u ask just about on any forum "what's a good solo game?"  A majority of people would list crossfire.

Marzhin

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <12-13-16/1551:16> »
I don't get the delay though.

Something tells me it's linked to the costs of producing all the artwork (especially since they've already recycled all the art they could) and manufacturing the cards and boxes.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <12-15-16/0635:11> »
Could be Marzhin, but I think a bigger issue is layout...there is a huge amount of work required to layout all the cards, rules, etc and a very finite pool of resources (i.e. Matt) to do it, along will all the other publications and products in queue. Remember that CGL released a Valiant card game over the summer and they've got the tarot deck in process as well. I suspect there's a pretty substantial backlog of work lined up...which actually isn't a bad thing for my wallet ;)

Marzhin

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <12-15-16/1036:21> »
Could be Marzhin, but I think a bigger issue is layout...there is a huge amount of work required to layout all the cards, rules, etc and a very finite pool of resources (i.e. Matt) to do it, along will all the other publications and products in queue. Remember that CGL released a Valiant card game over the summer and they've got the tarot deck in process as well. I suspect there's a pretty substantial backlog of work lined up...which actually isn't a bad thing for my wallet ;)

True, I wasn't aware that Matt was doing the layout for Crossfire as well.
(Groucho Marx)

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <12-15-16/1741:46> »
Yeah, I *think* he does pretty much all the CGL layout.

shadowcrawl

• Newb
« Reply #11 on: <04-18-17/0109:53> »
Any updates on the new release?

I wouldnt put the blame on the lack of art out there.

I mean I found out that anywhere between 3-6 card art, is just cropped portions of 1 image that has been recycled.
And since there seems to be new Shadow Run art up on the Facebook page or catalyst labs page every 2 weeks, I would think they have enough art for like 50 cards

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <04-25-17/1352:20> »
CGL just announced a new game based on the system for the D&D universe:

Dragonfire

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <04-25-17/1406:11> »
That's nice and it means money for CGL and and achievement for the Crossfire engine but I don't play, and really don't care for, D&D or Wizards.

I hope there is an expansion to SR Crossfire coming very soon. It will show commitment to their own product and prove that the engine can be successfully advanced.

I was actually a bit hurt by the announcement and feel a bit abandoned by CGL

incrdbil

• Chummer
« Reply #14 on: <04-25-17/2334:49> »
CGL's got to pay the bills. a D&D spinoff of crossfire will likely make heaps more money. Maybe once its launched, Crossfire will get some attention again, and we can see alternating expansions of both games. Hard to say. The company making more money probably isnt harmful to Crossfire, and maybe they can draw some added market from Dragonfire players who find out about a related game.