NEWS

Tangled Currents - Jeremiah

• 566 Replies

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #540 on: <01-26-17/1547:01> »
Wednesday 12 June 2075 2219 Stuffer Shack Seattle

Phil nods in agreement and Laughing Dog punctuates the moment by pulling up on his bike.  He lifts a sack of some kind from a storage bin on the rear and comes inside the building.  Taking a seat, he orders a soycaf and opens the sack. "I was late because Feathers called me to say everything was ready, so I made a stop on the way here.  Check it out.  Never known him to stiff anyone, but..........."
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #541 on: <01-27-17/0012:37> »
Sweet.  Spokane begins to take inventory.  Glasses, earbuds, coms.  Looks like we will have enough

Make sure to remind Jill to invite me to take a mark on her stuff so I can access it.  He says to Phil
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #542 on: <01-27-17/0228:09> »
Wednesday 12 June 2075 2219 Stuffer Shack Seattle

Laughing Dog nods. "Feathers is a right sort of guy, still it never hurts to be sure.  So, when do you figure we ought to hit the place?  Midnight or a bit after?"

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #543 on: <01-27-17/0849:32> »
We'll go now.  Just recon at first, finish watching the recording and look for a patrol change or something to sneak in.
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #544 on: <01-28-17/1334:27> »
Wednesday 12 June 2075 2220 Stuffer Shack Seattle

As you gather your things, you notice the arrival of two women in the 'Shack.  They would be normally unremarkable, but you recognize one as the girl that you had delivered the medicinal drugs to the other day.  She apparently spots you as well, because she leans over to her companion, who turns to look at you through eyes shielded by dark glasses.  A few words are exchanged between the women and the one you recognize walks towards you while the other moves off to take a seat at a vacant booth.  The French woman smiles at you as she walks up and her accent is still quite discernible. "Good evening.  I hope that you do not mind, but I have seen you before, oui?"

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #545 on: <01-28-17/1657:39> »
Spokane tugs at his hat nodding to the woman.  Who would mind a friendly greeting?  Mike's delivery...The clinic right?  Can we help ya with something?

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #546 on: <01-29-17/1617:19> »
Wednesday 12 June 2075 2220 Stuffer Shack Seattle

The young woman looks at you carefully then glances at your companions.  "Oui, but I do not wish to take you from your friends if you are busy.  But my employer, I have told her of you and she has asked me to see if you would come talk to her.  It will take but a moment, maybe?"

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #547 on: <01-29-17/2209:49> »
I'll talk, but if it's a job we are pretty busy.  I'll have to see if it's something I can work in.  Fair warning and all that.  Introduce me.  He says and follows her back to their table.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #548 on: <01-29-17/2242:46> »
Wednesday 12 June 2075 2221 Stuffer Shack Seattle

The French girl is wearing a smart pantsuit tonight and her butt looks pretty amazing as it swishes from side to side as she walks.  At the table, she steps aside, revealing the woman already seated there.  A few words pass between them in what seems to be very fluent French then the sitting woman looks at you and smiles.  "Will you please sit join me?  I understand from Monique that you are in a hurry and I will try to not keep you long and I hope that what I have to say may interest you.." She motions to the the both seat beside her and smiles again. "Please?"

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #549 on: <01-30-17/1233:13> »
Spokane looks back at Steve with a grin and gives her a wink on the way over.

He takes the offered seat nodding.  I'll do what I can but I can't guarantee  i'll be able help.  What is the issue?

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #550 on: <01-31-17/1015:26> »

The woman smiles as you sit. "My name is Tanya and my associate tells me that you handle yourself well.  Apparently you delivered some medicines from another contact of mine and she was impressed with your composure and your attitude.  I can use people like that tonight.  I am going to be snooping about a nearby warehouse and could use some help with that and backup, just in case something goes wrong.  I am expecting another person to arrive here within a few minutes.  Could you at least delay your departure until she arrives?  I can pay you rather well for your time."

OOC:

If you say yes, this will signal the opportunity to combine two threads.  I would like to do this over on DS and I think you had said that you have access there.  Let me know and we can get this started.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #551 on: <01-31-17/1145:57> »
OOC: I'm happy to team up with cynthia.  Spokane is going to be a little suspicious of this though.  He doesnt much trust coincidences.

You know Mark huh?  Which warehouse are you talking about?  This seems kinda involved and like I said we are pretty busy he says stalling for time.  Spokane takes a shot of Tanya and forwards it to Mike along with a message.

URGENT:
Do you know this woman and can she be trusted?

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #552 on: <01-31-17/2358:43> »

The woman calling herself Tanya smiles at you. "I think that you mean Mike, don't you?  I am very interested in a warehouse owned by a company named Grainger Manufacturing.  I suspect that the place is guarded beyond the norm for a warehouse and could use some backup in case it is.  I was going to try to get a good recon at about 0200.  Is there anything I can offer you to get you to help me?"

>>Spokane [Mike]:  Who the frag is she?  I don't know her from anyone.<<

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #553 on: <02-01-17/0022:55> »
Sorry, thought I said Mike, yeah.  How do you know him?  Spokane snaps a picture of the french girl and sends it to Mike as well.

She says she knows you.  Said the meds you had us deliver to this person french.jpg were from her.  Maybe you didn't talk to her directly?  Do you know a way to identify the person you got the meds from?

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #554 on: <02-01-17/0035:15> »
Wednesday 12 June 2075 2223 Stuffer Shack Seattle

Again, Tanya smiles.  "You are being careful.  I like that.  Mike is a she and I have used her on occasion to act as a courier to take merchandise from one place to another.  More precisely, I ask her to provide someone to act as the courier.  I was a bit surprised to hear that you were the courier for the medicine, given that you are a man."

>>Spokane [Mike]:  Her I know.  She is a conduit for someone I have never met.  All the arrangements go through Frenchy, there.  Pays well, though.  Those meds I had you deliver to her?  Yeah, we picked those up from some punk Mafia guy.  For all I know, the French woman is the boss and the other is her stooge or guard.  Be careful.<<