NEWS

Tangled Currents - Jeremiah

• 566 Replies

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #525 on: <01-13-17/2052:08> »
Yes.  I want the mask.  How much do I owe ya for this here and how much for the stuff tomorrow?  Spokane watches  the feed on the drone along with the backlog when not needed for the other things.

[spoiler]OOC: So I don't want to really be out of character for this but if you want to have Cynthia and I join up I can do that a little easier if I know a general time frame so I can work that into my plot-line.[/spoiler]
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #526 on: <01-15-17/0037:50> »
Wednesday  12 June 2075  2124   Jake's Place   Redmond Barrens  Seattle

Jake comes over to you and takes some measurements of your face with a scanner.  He nods after checking out the readings and smiles at you.  "OK, scary guy.  Fitted mask will be ready i two days.  Do you want something to go with it?  'Link. respirator, special eyes or ears?"

"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #527 on: <01-15-17/0939:59> »
Sure.  Trodes will be good.
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #528 on: <01-15-17/1425:46> »
Wednesday  12 June 2075  2125   Jake's Place   Redmond Barrens  Seattle

Jake nods. "You got it.  Give me a com code I can use and I will call you when it is ready, along with the other stuff."

Steve is dressed and Jill has her suit over her arm.  Phil looks around at the others and asks, "Done here?"

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #529 on: <01-16-17/0105:28> »
Spokane passed his com code to Jake  I guess we are done...  He looks at Jake wondering if he's going to charge him for these.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #530 on: <01-16-17/0129:16> »
Wednesday  12 June 2075  2127   Jake's Place   Redmond Barrens  Seattle

Jake looks at you and nods. "Alright, then.  How many sets of the PPP stuff do you want?  I have several in stock for 650Y each set of arms and legs."

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #531 on: <01-16-17/2144:28> »
I'll take one of each.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #532 on: <01-17-17/1440:58> »
Wednesday  12 June 2075.  Jake's Place. Redmond Barrens. Seattle

Jake smiles as hands you your purchases and takes your credits.  "Nice doing business with you, scary guy.  I can have the dress done tomorrow night and the jacket and mask the afternoon after."

As everyone heads back to the bikes, Jill gives a nervous laugh.  "Not really sure I was expecting to strip for all of you.  I am sorry if I came off all unprofessional or something.  I would really like to fit into this whole runner thing and I understand that some things are necessary."

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #533 on: <01-17-17/1733:38> »
You did just fine.  I would have expected a little more professionalism from the guy but some times you have to deal with creeps.  Growing up in The Barrens I would have thought you'd have had to do much more just to survive. Spokane shrugs.  Running isn't for everyone and I'd hardly recommend it if you have other options.

Spokane puts on the new armor pieces he's picked up.  Let's hit a shack near the target tonight and we will discuss Jill's operation then we can proceed to the warehouse directly after.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #534 on: <01-19-17/1637:08> »
Wednesday. 12 June 2075. 2216.  Stuffer Shack. Seattle

Jill looks sideways at Phil and nods, "Oh, I've had to do stuff like that before, but not in front of my sister's friends.  And don't go getting all big sister on me.  You know what it takes to get by down here.  I have not done anything that you did not have to do to eat."

Phil gives her a grim look but just nods without saying anything.  You can tell that the conversation is not really over yet.

You all decide on the 'Shack to meet at and head over there.  On the way, you get a message from Laughing Dog, apologizing for missing the meeting and asking for an update.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #535 on: <01-20-17/0054:47> »
No worries dog it was just the armor fitting but we are at the Stuffer Shack near the target.

Spokane grabs soycaf for everyone and  food if anyone wants some and joins his group at the table,

So we've told ya what we are looking for.  We need to get in there and look around. don't go crazy in there though do you best to act like you belong and you are doing what you were told...acting a little incompetent on your first day is not unheard of.  If you get in trouble just call me on that com, all ya have to do is push it and we'll be outside keeping an eye on you.

First though, we need to get you the job.  I don't want to just strong arm everyone going in that would look suspicious but maybe Dog has some magical tricks he can pull with that,  We can arrange some accidents for people on the way to work as well.  Nothing major, just flat tires or missing distributor caps, that sort of thing.

Any questions or concerns?

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #536 on: <01-22-17/1020:55> »
Wednesday 12 June 2075 2217 Stuffer Shack Seattle

Laughing Dog tells you that he will be there in less than ten minutes.

Jill nods.  "Got it.  So,anything more for me tonight, like maybe this super secret whatever thing you got going on?"

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #537 on: <01-22-17/1613:05> »
Spokane laughs.  I don't know.  You have any infiltration skills?  I think your sister might kill me if I let you in on that, though.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #538 on: <01-23-17/0553:25> »
Wednesday 12 June 2075 2218 Stuffer Shack Seattle

Jill frowns and shakes her head as Phil chimes in.  "Damn fragging straight.  No, I think it's time for you to get home.  You have an important interview in the morning."

Jill nods and leaves after telling everyone goodnight.  Phil shakes her head.  "I hope this isn't a mistake, Spokane."

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #539 on: <01-25-17/2205:57> »
With any luck we'll find the guys tonight and her job will be that much easier.  Have some faith in your sister.  She seems like she has a good head on her shoulders.  Besides, once Feather calls me with a time to pick up the goggles earbuds and comlink she will have eyes on her the whole time.